• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Moral support please

BjornH

Reaction score
It's nice to wake up to all those helpful answers - thank you guys . They fit my size 9.5 foot (42.5) but I'm rather thinking of growing some hair on my chest and risk wearing them on sunny days as you suggested. You are welcome to try to wrestle them from me but it's probably more hassle than it's worth as I would have to ship them from europe and you would have to deal with the customs authorities. My trouble in matching them with slacks probably stems from the fact that most of them are rather rough i.e. flannel, thick worsted wool or cords and most of my shoes are on the chuncky side to match. However, I've got some summer weight slacks and suits and should try them. I've also been lusting after a cream suit - using the shoes as an excuse is an excelent idea. The fact that I'll be feeling self-concious for the first wearings is of no big concern since from reading your posts I belive it's me, not the shoes that are the problem. If I had shied away from unfamiliar clothes in the past I would still dress as bad as the people I pity today. Belt ? Damn - I hadn't gotten that far. I guess that my standard brown belt would do unless the slacks were really light coloured, then a tan belt would be called for. What I don't want to do is to create a line through my midsection with a contrasting light coloured belt. Perhaps this calls for a shopping trip as well ? Â
biggrin.gif
Thanks for all the input, B

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads