• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MOP Buttons on Navy Blazer

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just received some nice white MOP buttons for a jacket. I'm thinking about switching out my natural horn buttons for the white MOP. What do you think? If I do, should I use white or navy thread? I'm thinking it might be a nice look for the warmer weather but concerned it might only work on linen or cotton blazers.

inimitable

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to find some white MOP buttons, care to share where you got them from?

I think they look nice on a blue blazer, I'm planning on swapping mine out.

Mr.K

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
White MOP looks good on navy blazers. I have a them ona linen blazer and a light weight wool blazer. YOu can't go wrong with them.

Chips

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think I recall PocketSquareGuy having one, and it looked very sharp!

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like do it is winning! MrK I've seen your blazers and they look great.

White or navy thread?

The Louche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
White, for sure. It will make them look more like shanked buttons, which we are all used to seeing on a blazer.

Ag229487

Reaction score
Just got a Trussini navy sport coat from Boyds in Philly with MOP buttons - looks great. It's currently being tailored but I will post pics next week when I pick it up.

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Bananagrabber
Anyone have pics of what this would look like? I'm interested to see.
BB's take on it. Although the fit looks spectacularly boring.
landing1-04282011.jpg
Originally Posted by Ag229487
Just got a Trussini navy sport coat from Boyds in Philly with MOP buttons - looks great. It's currently being tailored but I will post pics next week when I pick it up.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads