• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MoodSwings

Biscotti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The past three months I've been the most moody son of a *****; it has come to a point where it has definitly affected every aspect of my life. About 90% percent of the time I just feel super chill, so relaxed I don't care to do anything, and a small amount of time I get surges of intense happiness, but it is such intense passionate happiness I don't know what to do with myself, and so it hurts in a way. I've had to take up occasional cigarette smoking just so I don't gaze into space whilst I go out with friends. I could ******* just gaze into space for hours and feel content. In a period of 15 minutes, I can go from happier than anyone else in the room to feeling like breaking down in tears for no reason at all. I've also started to drink large amounts of coffee to help too, say several pots a day? Just to feel 'normal.'

And I'm sharing because.........it feels good to get it all out, and am wondering if anyone else has gone through such times, and how have they gotten through it. I'm open to seeing a doctor soon; I'm just leery of anti-depressents and other medicines. I really just need to get back to my old self; I feel myself growing distant from friends.

mkerr

Reaction score
i'd be going to see a doctor.
not saying that it is, but the idea of some flavour of manic disorder did pop into my head.
could be absolutely nothing though, though seeing a doc would give you some peace of mind.

bluemagic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It sounds like an enjoyable life. Perhaps it is not one suited to living in society, but it sounds like a good way to spend retirement.

Ippo

Reaction score
i thought of bipolar disorder while reading that. do you know the reasons why in these past 3 months you're feeling this way? anything in particular that triggers it?

phreak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i can sorta relate but its not interday for me. some days i could be perfectly content with gazing. Those days i dont really want to talk to anyone unless they are at the same "chill" level as me.

Some days are the opposite, where i crave attention and am more outgoing. Im much easier to get along with here.

wow i just read that and it sounds worse than it is. see a doctor

blueoakleyz

Reaction score
Hum sounds like you have severe depression.. I do too
it sucks

there are times.. seasons even where I feel like crying for no reason like a pregnant woman

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
talk to a doctor

DrFaustus

Reaction score
Do you exercise? I would recommend trying to exercise... it can do wonders.

If that fails, you may need meds....

...Or Midol if you're just being a moody chick. ;]

vitaminc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
anything happened caused this?

i had experienced similar situation when my father passed away...

greg_atlanta

Reaction score
Going on meds will cancel out the lows AND the highs.

Are you using booze to neutralize the coffee? If so, cut back on both.

Get more sleep, at least 7 hours a night. You sound tired.

JoeWoah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How old are you? Bi-polar disorder and other psychiatric disorders begin to surface in late-teens/early-20's. They don't need to be triggered by any particular trauma.

You need to see a doctor.

mkerr

Reaction score
Originally Posted by valuesourcer
Men are moody for reasons. So are women, though they are hyper-sensitive with regularity because of PMS. Men too can become hyper-sensitive if they have accumulated a lot of accumulated stress (tolerance), but there is an incident-weighted cause, as opposed to the biochemical factor for women.

I want to share this link: http://netseekers.blogspot.com/searc...d%20Your%20Man

what utter wankery, though a good read if you want to exemplify why people without medical understanding should refrain from giving medical advice. especially with regard to mental health.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads