• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Montreal

scnupe7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am going to Montreal in a couple of months for a bachelor party. Can anyone tell me about the tourist attractions, restaurants, clubs, women, etc.?

PHV

Reaction score
Tourist attractions - Old port I guess

Nightlife - If you're into Irish pubs or Rowdy bars, go to Crescent street.

If clubbing is your thing, St. Laurent.

If you want to live the high life, stay at the Ritz or Sofitel on Sherbrooke, eat one night at Cavalli's (great italian), then one night at Queue de Cheval, and go to either Time or Globe at around 11 if you want to see incredibly hot girls in a classy atmosphere.

Shopping: Harry Rosen on Peel, Holt Renfrew on Sherbrooke, an absolute must for anyone into the better stuff is Giorgio just down from the Ritz on Sherbrooke, also carries Lattanzi, Branchini, Barbera... also visit Via L'Uomo across from Harry Rosen if you're looking for the higher end sartorial garmets (Kiton, Borelli etc...)

Lots of options, but if you want to experience the best of montreal those are my suggestions.

arrogant

Reaction score
Also, on the week-end you should definately check out the corner of Sainte-Catherine and Saint-Laurent at the end of your night.....

PHV

Reaction score
Also, on the week-end you should definately check out the corner of Sainte-Catherine and Saint-Laurent at the end of your night.....
o my god...

Horace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
 Can anyone tell me about the tourist attractions
Yes, I find the French Canadians to be an endless source of amusement...

PHV

Reaction score
(scnupe7 @ June 22 2005,18:55) Â Can anyone tell me about the tourist attractions
Believe me, they find you just as amusing.

gorgekko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Montreal, hands down the best city in Canada.

If you want a good sandwich, try Au Bon Croissant at 896 Sherbrooke West...well, they were there last time I was in Montreal.

Horace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Horace,June 22 2005,23:59
Originally Posted by scnupe7,June 22 2005,18:55
 Can anyone tell me about the tourist attractions

Believe me, they find you just as amusing.
That's what being good neighbors is all about, eh? Â (or n'est pas rather...) Edit: seriously though -- I've never seen people take the piss like the French do the French Canadians -- I don't get it. Maybe it's just the French I hang around with but they just have no tolerance for the French Can's. Then you get the Swiss French who don't seem to like anyone. When I've quesitoned each group, it appears to all come down the French language.

johnapril

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
also visit Via L'Uomo across from Harry Rosen if you're looking for the higher end sartorial garmets (Kiton, Borelli etc...)
Err-hem...you missed one important shopping destination. The store directly next door to L'Uomo (to the left of it) carries Seraphin leather jackets. Made in France by a brilliant Russian designer (Seraphin makes leathers for Hermes).

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Best breakfast in town can be found at "Beauty's", 93 avenue du Mont Royal Ouest

PHV

Reaction score
Best breakfast in town can be found at "Beauty's", 93 avenue du Mont Royal Ouest
I've lived here for two years and can honestly say that I wouldn't know where to go for breakfast, because I've probably eaten breakfast less than 15 times in 2 years.

scnupe7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Might I ask what I will find here?

PHV

Reaction score
(arrogant @ June 23 2005,01:43) Also, on the week-end you should definately check out the corner of Sainte-Catherine and Saint-Laurent at the end of your night.....
It was a joke... you're mostly likely going to get mugged and/or solicited many times for prostitution.

scnupe7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(scnupe7 @ June 23 2005,10:15)
Originally Posted by arrogant,June 23 2005,01:43
It was a joke... you're mostly likely going to get mugged and/or solicited many times for prostitution.
Thanks PHV for clearing that up. I think he should considering changing his name from arrogant to ignorant.

jekv12

Reaction score
We went to the F1 GP for about 10-12 years in Montreal, but had to sit the last couple out. I'd also suggest Ferreira Cafe - especially since you'll already be on Peel with the great clothing stores mentioned. A little loud, but great fresh seafood. I prefer sitting downstairs as the kitchen up in the back make it kind of warm up there. http://www.ferreiracafe.com/ If you want a big breakfast (ie before you get on a long flight) we've enjoyed Great Eggspectations. There are many around town. Lots of great places on St. Laurent, as already mentioned. For a casual lunch, there's Jardin Nelson on Place Jacques Cartier in Old Montreal. Probably touristy, but I like sitting out in the garden area (umbrellas are there if the weather is bad) looking at the old stone walls. Crepes, salads and the like, and usually jazz or light classical. A couple years back, I enjoyed a great dinner at Toque, complete with raw-milk cheeses - is it still around/good ?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads