• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Montreal or Vancouver?

dwyhajlo

Reaction score
In October I have four days off of work in a row (the 18th through the 19th), so I was planning on doing a bit of traveling. Because it's difficult to get from where I live to anywhere outside of Canada, I've managed to narrow it down to either Vancouver or Montreal. So, I put it to Styleforum, where should I go?
I'm mostly interested in eating a few good meals, seeing some museums and art galleries, doing a bit of shopping (I lean more toward the SW&D side of the forum), and perhaps seeing a bit of live music. I'll be staying either downtown in Montreal, or near the Children's & Women's Health Centre in Vancouver; despite that, I'll mostly be relying on public transportation.
Based on all that, where would be the better choice? Feel free to leave suggestions as to where to eat, where to shop, what to see.

Thanks.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Vancouver/Victoria is nicer but Montreal has better food. It's very easy to get around Montreal since it's small and everything worth going to is on a select couple of streets. I lived in Montreal for years and it's a bit hard for me to imagine wanting to visit there as a tourist. There's really not much to the city itself, though living there is pleasant since it's got a good food culture, it's cheap to live in, etc. Old montreal is nice but you're done in an afternoon.

I was never super impressed by Montreal's art galleries but I don't know anything about Vancouver's. Fuuma is probably a better person to comment either way since I'm not really an art person.

Crawford

Reaction score
In Vancouver you'll be a 30 minute walk from the South Granville area, which has a high concentration of art galleries.

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From the interests you are mentioning, I think Montreal may be a better destination than Vancouver.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads