• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Montreal Casual Shopping

Uberjebus

Reaction score
Where are some places to go shopping for casual clothes in Montreal. I've read a few posts but most I've found are a bit on the old side. Thanks in advance
smile.gif

gwydion

Reaction score
Michel Brisson - Band of Outsiders, APC, CP, Fillipa K, Nice Collective, etc. http://www.michelbrisson.com/

AM68 - Last time I checked they had APC, Fillipa K, Helmut Lang, etc. No website as far as I know. They're in Les Cours de Mont Royal

Rooney - You can see what they have at their online shop...http://www.rooneyshop.com/

Boutique U & I - Lots of SF-approved stuff. Can check here http://www.boutiqueuandi.com/collections.html

Reborn - http://www.reborn.ws/shop/

That's all I know. Maybe someone else knows of others and can pipe in?

JohnnyLaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Expect prices to be much higher than in the US.

U&I on Saint-Laurent is pretty good. Their men's section is about 50% Engineered Garments.

Reborn on Saint-Paul has Nom de Guerre, Robert Geller, S2A, and a bunch of other brands at VERY high prices.

Michel Brisson (also on Saint-Paul) has Band of Outsiders, APC, Filippa K...

Holt Renfrew has Paul Smith and a few APC pieces and lots of mainstream designer stuff.

Overall, Montreal is not that interesting of a place to shop. Prices and selection are much better online.

Uberjebus

Reaction score
Any online sites you'd recommend. A lot of these posts regarding shopping in Cda seem to get very similar answers... 'There's Harry Rosen and Holt Renfrew.... and shopping is better elsewhere'
wink.gif

Chinook

Reaction score
I lived there this summer.

Reborn, U & I, and a few other places I forgot the name were the only places that really caught my eye.

There is an unmarked place in the Peel portion of RESO called 'apartment deux ' that carried basically a wall of Fred Perry stuff. I talked to the guy, he said he would be getting Raf x FP for fall, and the Laurel collections. Really chill guy.

I think in the same mall on the third floor there is a place that sells APC, Flippa K, etc. but its all ridiculously priced. I think 230 for a pair of NS? I think. She also has a store on Saint-Laurent right by U & I.

There is another place on Prince Arthur actually right by U & I called Duo. They had stuff by Yohji, Tim Hamilton, Dior Homme etc.

I guess for some generally things to do in Montreal if you get a chance. Check out La Rockette on Saint-Denis, its just off the Mont-Royal metro stop. Really cool rockabilly bar. If you are young and like sweating and really dirty beer check out Corovas on Saint-Laurent. Its kinda by Schwartz's, about a block away. Afterwards you can grab $2 Chow Mein from a hole in the wall.

As for beers, definitely grab a cork bottle of Ephemere, Cheval Blanc and Chambly Blanche. Unrrrreeal beers. Also check out Dieu Du Ciel on Laurier, its a microbrewery, super busy though. Great beer.

Message me if you have some more questions or just ask em here.

JohnnyLaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Chinook
I think in the same mall on the third floor there is a place that sells APC, Flippa K, etc. but its all ridiculously priced. I think 230 for a pair of NS? I think. She also has a store on Saint-Laurent right by U & I.

That's am68. Last time I was in the area the place on Saint-Laurent was up for lease.

Originally Posted by Chinook
Afterwards you can grab $2 Chow Mein from a hole in the wall.

Don't do it!

botfc

Reaction score
TNT on Ste-Catherine W. in Westmount (although it's an extremely pale version of it's Toronto store). But yeah, what you have on here is pretty much it store-wise.

Online, check out http://www.ssense.com/index.php (never been to their actual location in Old Port)

JohnnyLaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uberjebus
Any online sites you'd recommend. A lot of these posts regarding shopping in Cda seem to get very similar answers... 'There's Harry Rosen and Holt Renfrew.... and shopping is better elsewhere'
wink.gif

Well, if you don't want to get hit with duties, buy from the Canadian shops like Roden Gray, Uncle Otis, Sydney's, Gravity Pope, Nomad, Four Horsemen, Haven, or a bunch of others.

Still, it's often cheaper to buy from the US.

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When u get tired of all the shopping, make sure to grab a souvlaki at Village Grec on Jean Talon. They just dont make souvlaki like that in the US.

gwydion

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
Thanks for the tip, just moved here and live like five minutes from Jean Talon.

We may not have lots of places to shop here but we sure have lots of GREAT food in Montreal. Lots of great places to eat if you're a foodie
smile.gif

gwydion

Reaction score
Well if you want to know some of my favourite places in Montreal, lemme know and I'll PM you a small list.

chroMe

Reaction score
Popping in for a few nights before heading back to the UK - will duly check out some of those shops. God help me I'm visiting family in Winnipeg.
bored.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads