• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Month in Beijing

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is the Chouyangmen one close to the subway? Otherwise I'm pretty much hopelessly lost in Beijing, being illiterate.

Oh yeah I've been to the other but the Chouyangmen one seems to be a quicker subway ride.

It's about here on Google Maps.

http://ditu.google.cn/maps?q=beijin...5f1abee23736947:0xd7bb8b3026d0813a;5,0,0&z=18

Inside the first ring road. I can't actually remember the address, I could find it again if I was there. Chouyangmen is the nearest station on the 2 line.

Sorry I can't do any better than that.

EDIT:

This is the big electronics mall that my Beijing guide app was referring to.
http://www.beijing-visitor.com/index.php?cID=422&pID=1229

To access the market area by public transport take the subway to Wudaokou Station or tell any taxi driver that you wish to go to Zhong Guan Cun, Ke Mao Dashi.

Last edited:

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
You can also just ride line 10 from Chao Yang to Hai Dian Huang Zhruang can't you? And if you didn't want to walk up, take line 4 to ZGC.

lemmywinks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm kind of in a similar boat as OP but I'm here for 3 weeks for an internship. Eh...

Another New Yorker

Reaction score

I'm kind of in a similar boat as OP but I'm here for 3 weeks for an internship. Eh...

I got 2 weeks left--if you want to do something maybe we can arrange a styleforum thing?

Labelking had a small party this weekend with some of his expat friends and was kind enough to invite me. I had a terrific time and I'm at a loss for other things to do.

lemmywinks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll see how it goes. I'm staying with family right now but they'll leave in a few days. What are some things I can do? I'm starting to wish I bought my PS3. I don't know a soul here and I've gone clubbing alone and it was an incredibly uncomfortable experience.

I'm 18 btw

Last edited:

Jdeansmith11

Reaction score
Check out the Den near Soho. TONS of ex-pats and they sponsor a rugby team if you're into sports.

Supposedly there's also Mongolian hookers that come late at night if you get lonely.

Good luck!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads