• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mont source

GQ Lawyer

Reaction score
Has anyone tried their shave solution? I just ordered some based on the recommendation from a friend.

GQ Lawyer

Reaction score
Whenever I discover a new product that truly lives up to its hype, I must give it props. Mont Source shaving solution far exceeded my expectations. Â For $14.00, I received a small bottle of a clear oil (with a nice manly smell). Â The bottle stated, wet face, apply 2-3 drops, let dry for 30 seconds, re-wet face, and shave. Â If you experience any razor drag, merely apply more water to face. Â Good for all beard types. Needless to say, a shave with no shaving oil, gel, or cream made me a bit skeptical, so I decided to put it to a test....3 days growth (which for me, is a fairly heavy beard). Â Moreover, I brought it on a wedding trip to NYC. Â I figured with the small bottle size, I could forego my usual bottles of oil, gel, etc. a save space. I WAS IMPRESSED. Â It only took 3 drops to shave my entire face. Â Because the oil is clear, you can see the spots that have not been shaved during the shave (no need to retouch afterwards). Â I experienced no razor drag, burn, or cuts. Â And, the size of the bottle barely made a dent in my Dopp kit. This product is a must try.

hermes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i actually hated it

for whatever reason, regardless of how little i used, i always ended up with a film on my face after shaving and even after rinsing - not sure what it was but it's just an odd product

otherwise, the product itself does work,  i will give it that, and given the size, it does do wonders for your dopp kit

GQ Lawyer

Reaction score
After you finish shaving, don't rinse (the water reactivates the solution).  Just pat your face dry with a dry towel.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am a recent convert to Art of Shaving products (unscented pre-shave oil and shaving cream).  How does Mont Source compare in terms of shave closeness?

GQ Lawyer

Reaction score
I too am a big fan of the Art of Shaving.  However, I have found that given the same sharpness of blade (preferably a Mach 3), you get the same shave.  Both are superior products (Mont Source saves you some $$).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics