1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Mont source

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by GQ Lawyer, Sep 2, 2003.

1. GQ Lawyer

GQ Lawyer Senior Member

Has anyone tried their shave solution? I just ordered some based on the recommendation from a friend.

2. GQ Lawyer

GQ Lawyer Senior Member

Whenever I discover a new product that truly lives up to its hype, I must give it props. Mont Source shaving solution far exceeded my expectations. Â For $14.00, I received a small bottle of a clear oil (with a nice manly smell). Â The bottle stated, wet face, apply 2-3 drops, let dry for 30 seconds, re-wet face, and shave. Â If you experience any razor drag, merely apply more water to face. Â Good for all beard types. Needless to say, a shave with no shaving oil, gel, or cream made me a bit skeptical, so I decided to put it to a test....3 days growth (which for me, is a fairly heavy beard). Â Moreover, I brought it on a wedding trip to NYC. Â I figured with the small bottle size, I could forego my usual bottles of oil, gel, etc. a save space. I WAS IMPRESSED. Â It only took 3 drops to shave my entire face. Â Because the oil is clear, you can see the spots that have not been shaved during the shave (no need to retouch afterwards). Â I experienced no razor drag, burn, or cuts. Â And, the size of the bottle barely made a dent in my Dopp kit. This product is a must try.

3. hermes

hermes Distinguished Member

i actually hated it

for whatever reason, regardless of how little i used, i always ended up with a film on my face after shaving and even after rinsing - not sure what it was but it's just an odd product

otherwise, the product itself does work,  i will give it that, and given the size, it does do wonders for your dopp kit

4. GQ Lawyer

GQ Lawyer Senior Member

After you finish shaving, don't rinse (the water reactivates the solution).  Just pat your face dry with a dry towel.

5. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Distinguished Member

I am a recent convert to Art of Shaving products (unscented pre-shave oil and shaving cream).  How does Mont Source compare in terms of shave closeness?

6. GQ Lawyer

GQ Lawyer Senior Member

I too am a big fan of the Art of Shaving.  However, I have found that given the same sharpness of blade (preferably a Mach 3), you get the same shave.  Both are superior products (Mont Source saves you some $$).