• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mont blanc watches

DrZRM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I imagine they tell time well enough, but I put them solidly in the "fashion watch" category. They are trying hard to step into the serious watch brand, and from what I hear they are using reputable movements and are fairly well finished, but for what they cost, I'd buy a watch from a company that is known first and foremost for making watches.

Their faces often seem a bit over the top.

dizzhizz

Reaction score
i guess being from the richemont international group they do have a retail price tag although i'm not too sure on the movements employed in some of the more complicated watches in their lineup.

still, not a bad watch per se but would rather buy one of its affiliated brands (iwc, vc, jlc, panerai, piaget, etc.).

rajesh06

Reaction score
Originally Posted by beansprouts1
i have a few pens from mont blanc and was browsing their site today. are their watches any good?

I belive that MB purchased a very well known manufacture (Villarat?) which produces very well regarded watches.

aleeboy

Reaction score
bought a Sports Chrono with a silver dial and rubber strap. The watch was well made and used the tried and tested valjoux 7750 chronograph ebauche - which is found in many watches from most brands. The case work was excellent, the rubber strap and deployant clasp were substantial and felt good quality. My only dislike with the watch was the Montblanc star that was laid into the crown... good for pens, but not something I personally want on a watch.

They are moving up in the world of watches. They have the benefit of being part of Richemont (as previously stated) and they recently acquired Minerva, which was famous for it's mechanical movements. These used exclusively in their high-end offerings. Most of their range is fitted with ETA movements and receive some decoration and regulation for better looks and time keeping.

niwawa

Reaction score
nice watch, but not worth the money. overpriced.

kaxixi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As stated: ETA movements in well finished cases. I do not think they are over-priced for the level of finish/design, but others' opinions are probably more informed than mine.

princemarko

Reaction score
Originally Posted by beansprouts1
i have a few pens from mont blanc and was browsing their site today. are their watches any good?

Yes, they are. I have two. Swiss watch-work and simple looking. They have one brown leather band with very classic style watch that was rated very high. I believe the price was 2300 or so.

Obviously they are not Vacheron Constantin, but they look good for day to day business.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads