• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Monster Beats by Dr. Dre Studio Headphones?

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any thoughts on these?

3316071l.jpg

They are selliing $350 Canadian. Anyone know of a legit place I can get them for less? What are your thoughts on them? Should I get the warranty as well?

bob_gnarly

Reaction score
Originally Posted by fffffut
nope they are a gimmicky waste of money

That's what I tend to hear. I mean they aren't a ************* but not worth the money. I just got a pair of sennheiser hd 595, they are pretty damn nice, sound better than my bose noise cancelling headphones. I use my sennheiser's for some music but mostly gaming and movies.

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fffffut
nope they are a gimmicky waste of money
Then whats better in that price range? I heard them personally at the Apple store hooked to an iPod and I was in love.

bob_gnarly

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pridecake
^ Seconded. Beats are just marketing hype and overblown bass Senns hd650, akg701s..something from denon perhaps. Avoid the amp and try iem's or earphones instead
Sennheiser is coming out with 3 new headphones (suppose to be this month) HD 518, 558, 598 and those would all be in the beats by dre price range. I would look into those. I just got on board with sennheiser but i like mine! How much are the HD 650's I was under the impression they were like in the 400+ range?

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It also depends what your needs and preferences are. I'm just a university student...I don't travel in planes often and I listen to r&b, hip hop, pop and only some rock. So when looking at the Dr. Dre ones or Bose i'm leaning Dr. Dre so far because they are better for r&b and are decent at noise cancelling though not as good as the Bose which i dont need as i'm not travelling in the plane every week.

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by clarksdb
It also depends what your needs and preferences are. I'm just a university student...I don't travel in planes often and I listen to r&b, hip hop, pop and only some rock. So when looking at the Dr. Dre ones or Bose i'm leaning Dr. Dre so far because they are better for r&b and are decent at noise cancelling though not as good as the Bose which i dont need as i'm not travelling in the plane every week.

I doubt they're better for RnB, hip-hop or any music for that matter, and Bose are pretty ordinary from a hi-fi headphone perspective, if you want noise cancellation the Sennheiser HD 25-1's are pretty awesome, as are many in-ear canal phones such as Shure or Etymotic. I know they've got the name of Dr. Dre but really you can do better.

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I checked out the Beats by Dre at Best Buy and though they were mediocre cans. Incredibly overpriced. I have a pair of Able Planet noise cancelling headphones I grabbed from woot.com for $60 that sound better imo. I'm a big fan of Sennheisers as well, they are my only choice for earbuds.

guitarpkr76

Reaction score

Sounds like you are trying to talk yourself into getting them. If you want them, get them. I'd listen to the guys on here though. The Dr. Dre headphones are extremely overpriced.

ibleedwhite

Reaction score
Originally Posted by guitarpkr76
Sounds like you are trying to talk yourself into getting them. If you want them, get them. I'd listen to the guys on here though. The Dr. Dre headphones are extremely overpriced.

I agree.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads