Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Monsieur Lanvin By Lanvin

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Star, Aug 31, 2008.

1. Star

Star Senior member

Was wondering if anyone here has ever used the now discontinued perfume 'Monsieur Lanvin' by Lanvin and whether it was any good.

I had an interesting conversation with a gentleman a year or two ago about what is the ultimate smell for a male and female for that matter. Naturally, smell like any other stimuli to our senses is relative to the person doing the sensing, however he raved on and on about it to the extent I think he would have given his left arm for a bottle if he could.

If you have come across it I would be interested on your thoughts.

The perfume was discontinued in 1992.

BTW He thought Cartier Le Baiser Du Dragon (Kiss of The Dragon) was the most dazzling for an extroverted woman.

2. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Prof. Fabulous Dubiously Honored

Sounds intriguing; though I must admit I've not tried it. The only Lanvin I've tried is their current men's offering, Arpege. (I also had their Vetiver, but wasn't thrilled).

As for the Cartier, it's a wonderful, deep, exotic scent... I find it quite unisex and would often wear it, though it's a little heavy to wear everyday.

Good luck on your search and thanks for giving me one more to add to my list of "Must-tries."