1. Hi. We moved systems, and because it was impossible to achieve feature parity between the systems, we opted to archive the old B&S threads but allow users to read them so that they can put them into our new B&S system.

There is a support thread if you have any issues.

Cheers,

Fok.

2. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Monkstrap deal came thru

Discussion in 'B&S Archive' started by discostu004, Oct 25, 2004.

1. discostu004

discostu004 Affiliate vendor

just got word that either 64 or 65 pairs of brand new in box Certo monks are coming in.  
    4 styles:
    brown leather monk
    brown suede monk
    black leather monk
    black suede monk

retail was $425
    i'll be selling them for $139 (sorry made a mistake) each, 2 pairs are 125, three or more are 117.50each, flat $8, ship in the US, charge.  they are not in, but we've agreed on everything.  probably will be in around next monday or tuesday.  i don't know sizing, but i'm guessing 16 pair in each style equalling 64, so there are probably 1 pair per size per style with a few extras, but i believe i'm getting sizing info in a few days.

just let me know and tell others since this is on the sell board and not the main board

2. jester

jester Senior Member

What is the fit of these shoes like?

3. discostu004

pretty true. i own2 pair and they are size 12 like all my other shoes.

4. VMan

VMan Distinguished Member

What would you compare the quality to? Bruno Magli/Ferragamo, or better?

5. discostu004

honestly i don't study shoe construction all that closely but i would compare their fit to a ferragamo or like my testonis. somewhere aharris gave them a pretty good review, back when i got my initial shipment. i think for a 425 pair of shoes, 139 is pretty good, just my opinion

6. A Harris

A Harris Distinguished Member Dubiously Honored

Certo's are primarily Blake Rapid, but the styling and materials are pretty good. Definitely worth the $139.00.

7. Nick M

Nick M Distinguished Member

Are the monkstraps the same model as seen here?

8. discostu004

see, i knew aharris liked them. good comments. re: that link, i just reuploaded everything to reflect some returns and the new items so that link doesn't work. it's pretty close to this: monks actually pretty darn close, just a lower retail price

9. FCS

FCS Senior Member

Howdy Lance, could you describe a bit about the shape of the toe? Square or round, etc? The picture kinda blocks the toe area. Thanks.

10. discostu004

going off of memory, it's a rounded toe, not a circular toe but not pointed or squared. i seem to remember a nice rounded toe. i really should have taken pix of the sample they sent but i didn't think it would materialize.

11. redtree00

redtree00 Senior Member

I bought a pair of the Certo Monkstraps several weeks ago when the original shipment came in.
    I have gotten more compliments on them than I have from any other pair of shoes I own (AE, Alden, Ferragamo, Church's).
    I dont know about the rest of the ones up for sale but the ones I have are made for Certo by Borgioli, it has the same Borgioli sole and says Borgioli inside the shoe.

I have been very pleased with all of my purchases from Lance, he is an outstanding seller with excellent customer service and great merchandise.

I am not affiliated with Lance in any way

12. discostu004

thanks for the compliments. i really like these shoes. who is borgioloi? is this a label that others on here know and have discussed?

13. MilanoStyle

MilanoStyle Distinguished Member

Hello discostu004,

I would be interested in either black or brown leather size 10D US. Would you expect to recieve items in such size?

14. keys

keys Senior Member

Lance -

You and I have done business before. Let me know if you get in an 8.5 in brown.

Regards-
    V-

15. discostu004

sorry, i hadn't checked in a day or two. PM me your request and i'll put it on my pre-order list. so far there are 7 pairs already claimed.

RE: 8.5 brown, can't say for sure, but feel really sure there will be one, and nobody's reserved brown 8.5 yet

RE: 10, the black ltrh is claimed already but the other 3 options are open.

just send PM
    thx
    lance