• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Monitaly F/W 2010 Discussion

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whatever123
context is posting up some of their monitaly pieces that came in! i am so excited these guys picked up both monitaly and yuketen! http://www.contextclothing.com/new_arrivals.php
Do you know when they expect their Yuk's to come in and what styles? Edit: feel free to post this response in the Yuketen thread.

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
context is posting up some of their monitaly pieces that came in! i am so excited these guys picked up both monitaly and yuketen! http://www.contextclothing.com/new_arrivals.php
Just nabbed the black flat-front pants. Came very close to picking up the flower peter shirt as well, but I just can't spend that much.
2008.jpg

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lets move it to a new thread, gents.
smile.gif

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kgmessier
You mean a SS 2011 Monitaly thread? Makes sense to me.

did you get a size 34? if so, can you post measurements when you get them? i am interested in getting a pair as well.

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
did you get a size 34? if so, can you post measurements when you get them? i am interested in getting a pair as well.
Yup, I went with the 34s. Funny, it's like reverse-vanity sizing. I guess you'd call it "humility sizing."
smile.gif
I'll most definitely post measurements. - K

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Yup, I went with the 34s. Funny, it's like reverse-vanity sizing. I guess you'd call it "humility sizing."
smile.gif

I'll most definitely post measurements.

- K

thank you very much!

if you wouldnt mind giving your opinion on the overall construction and weight/quality of the fabric he used that would also be helpful.

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thank you very much! if you wouldnt mind giving your opinion on the overall construction and weight/quality of the fabric he used that would also be helpful.
I promise a full review, complete with pics, measurements, construction and fabric assessments, plus milk & cookies.
smile.gif
They shipped out today via UPS, so I'll probably get them early next week. With any luck, I'll have my new camera by then as well. No more sinfully grainy iPhone pics!

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I promise a full review, complete with pics, measurements, construction and fabric assessments, plus milk & cookies.
smile.gif
They shipped out today via UPS, so I'll probably get them early next week. With any luck, I'll have my new camera by then as well. No more sinfully grainy iPhone pics!

lol, thanks! i like oatmeal/cc
smile.gif

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thank you very much! if you wouldnt mind giving your opinion on the overall construction and weight/quality of the fabric he used that would also be helpful.
OK, I received the pants today, and the fabric is excellent. It's a sturdy black herringbone with the pattern being very subtle. Construction appears to be first-rate. I really want to wear these pants! However... The 34 is just too big for me. The measurements on Context's website are accurate. I really need a 32 (as in a true 32-inch waist). Sadly, their 32 is a 31-inch waist, and I fear that would be too tight for me. The other issue is the length, with the size 34 having an inseam just over 33". Normally, I'd just have that length tailored, but I want to retain a cuff, and the way these trousers are constructed, you really can't change the cuff. (I'd also like a taller cuff.) There you have it. They're going back to Context tomorrow, and I'll have to find something else to get instead. Too bad, because I really need a nice pair of black pants, and these would have fit the bill if the measurements worked out. Sad face.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
OK, I received the pants today, and the fabric is excellent. It's a sturdy black herringbone with the pattern being very subtle. Construction appears to be first-rate. I really want to wear these pants!

However...

The 34 is just too big for me. The measurements on Context's website are accurate. I really need a 32 (as in a true 32-inch waist). Sadly, their 32 is a 31-inch waist, and I fear that would be too tight for me. The other issue is the length, with the size 34 having an inseam just over 33". Normally, I'd just have that length tailored, but I want to retain a cuff, and the way these trousers are constructed, you really can't change the cuff. (I'd also like a taller cuff.)

There you have it. They're going back to Context tomorrow, and I'll have to find something else to get instead. Too bad, because I really need a nice pair of black pants, and these would have fit the bill if the measurements worked out.

Sad face.

okay, cool. thanks for the help. im 5'11" 180 so i think i would be a 34 ... i think a 32 might be just a little to tight
smile.gif
i need to order a couple pairs before they run out.

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
okay, cool. thanks for the help. im 5'11" 180 so i think i would be a 34 ... i think a 32 might be just a little to tight
smile.gif
i need to order a couple pairs before they run out.

Do it, man! I'm 5' 9-1/2" 145 lbs. I think those 34s will fit you perfectly.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Do it, man! I'm 5' 9-1/2" 145 lbs. I think those 34s will fit you perfectly.
yeah, thanks. it seems so according to your description. so your not getting a 32? if not, they just got in some in some super cool wwm pants you might be into.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads