• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

MoneyWellSpent's Southern Trad Thread

Artigas

Reaction score
@An Acute Style Pretty much what I picture in my mind’s eye when I think of Southern Trad. Very well done.

As for myself, I am keeping it simple today.

Last edited:

Artigas

Reaction score
Thanks. I have a white seersucker shirt from Brooks Brothers. Where is yours from? Why is the dog upside down?
Also from Brooks Brothers. I got four in their mid-year sale: two white, one pink, one seafoam. Brooks shipped one of the white shirts to the wrong address, so they sent me a replacement. Then, about a month later, the shirt shipped to the wrong address was re-routed to me, so now I have three white ones. 🤷‍♂️

I like to alternate my belt direction so they don’t get a set curve, hence the upside-down dogs.

Count de Monet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Coincidentally I got a pair of those seersucker shirts from BB last weekend on sale.

And the Pelicans on my belt were upside down yesterday for the same reason. :)

Omega Male

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Patchwork Madras suit is blowing my mind. I have pair of similar J Crew shorts and wore them in Denmark this Summer. A random Eskimo* dude in Tivoli Gardens started interrogating me, out of nowhere. "What is this called? Why do you wear? Where can you get?"

(* It was Greenland culture celebration day, or something. Park was full of tiny, wizened grannies chain smoking and sculling beers taller than they were.)

tcbinnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Artigas: "I like to alternate my belt direction so they don’t get a set curve, hence the upside-down dogs."

#Genius.

Artigas

Reaction score
The Patchwork Madras suit is blowing my mind. I have pair of similar J Crew shorts and wore them in Denmark this Summer. A random Eskimo* dude in Tivoli Gardens started interrogating me, out of nowhere. "What is this called? Why do you wear? Where can you get?"

(* It was Greenland culture celebration day, or something. Park was full of tiny, wizened grannies chain smoking and sculling beers taller than they were.)
Next on ivy-style.com: “Madras in Greenland - only on midsummer, never before or after”

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 75 17.0%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 146 33.0%
  • 8”

Votes: 130 29.4%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 50 11.3%
  • 9”

Votes: 20 4.5%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 9 2.0%