1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

MoneyWellSpent's Southern Trad Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Caustic Man, Jun 13, 2016.

1. Artigas

Artigas Senior Member

I hate to see this thread dwindle, so let me share this photo of one of two Kamakura "Sport" OCBDs I own.

upload_2019-4-8_23-48-22.png

This one took a few washes but I think it's finally come into its own. Before it was a little... less graceful, awkward even. I also happen to think this one looks better washed, dried, and hung, rather than ironed and starched (my usual process with OCBDs).

As we move into spring I have mostly packed away my oxford cloth shirts in favor of more summery fare, including some non-iron Brooks Brothers button-downs I purchased on a clothing allowance from my employer. They're not so bad, I guess, but I really do prefer the feel of non-iron material. Expect to see more of these in future posts.

2. MoneyWellSpent

MoneyWellSpent Distinguished Member

20190407_085157.jpg
    20190407_085209.jpg
    Hard to tell here, but the chinos are light olive/moss green.

3. MoneyWellSpent

4. MoneyWellSpent

5. MoneyWellSpent

6. tcbinnc

tcbinnc Senior Member

7. An Acute Style

An Acute Style Distinguished Member

No. Vintage.

8. An Acute Style

9. MoneyWellSpent

10. Van Veen

Van Veen Distinguished Member

A high of 62 (and morning temps barely into the 50s) didn't stop the parade of seersucker, Hermes ties, bright bow ties, white bucks, Gucci loafers, print dresses, & short sets with long socks and saddle shoes. (As a Northerner, I feel a little bad for the grade school boys forced to wear the latter with details like ruffled yokes and Peter Pan collars.)

11. An Acute Style

12. Artigas

Artigas Senior Member

13. An Acute Style

Yep.

14. Caustic Man

Caustic Man Stylish Dinosaur

Thanks for re-igniting what I think is a worthy and interesting thread. Here is my most recent foray into the bright, peculiar, world of Southern Trad that might also just be made up. We have pieced together a sense of what this style is but the more we discuss and post the more I think that the differences between the various incarnations of Trad across our nation are mostly trivial. Or perhaps they aren't trivial but our sense of what Trad is, is becoming homogenized as social media brings us all together. Who knows.

lvl111.jpg

Art, that's a neat looking tie. Wish I could see it with a jacket. MWS, I always appreciate your restrained combos. AAS, I also dig the more restrained "fun" shirt. It's "you" without going off the rails.

lvl111.jpg

lvl111.jpg

15. Caustic Man

Caustic Man Stylish Dinosaur

Sorry about the multiple pic post, SF's insanely bad javascript strikes again.