• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the same time in blue. I think you will like it in whatever color.
I have that Chipps Garza fina in about six colours. From memory rust, dark blue, sage green, bottle green, red, aubergine ... as well as being very nice ties at a very reasonable price, if you’re lucky enough to buy them in person from Paul Winston he is one of the nicest old gents you’ll ever meet and will be happy to regail you with stories from the golden age of men’s tailoring. I haven’t been to NYC in a while and I understand he’s had to move his shop out to Brooklyn somewhere (?) which makes it much less convenient for me to stop by for a chat if I happen to return to the city.

I also got one in black but reserve that for if I need to attend a funeral. Black fina grenadines are lauded as being a versatile tie on SF but I have to say whenever I might contemplate it there are always better and more colourful options for me. The dark or midnight blue ones are so much better IMO.

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have that Chipps Garza fina in about six colours. From memory rust, dark blue, sage green, bottle green, red, aubergine ... as well as being very nice ties at a very reasonable price, if you’re lucky enough to buy them in person from Paul Winston he is one of the nicest old gents you’ll ever meet and will be happy to regail you with stories from the golden age of men’s tailoring. I haven’t been to NYC in a while and I understand he’s had to move his shop out to Brooklyn somewhere (?) which makes it much less convenient for me to stop by for a chat if I happen to return to the city.

I also got one in black but reserve that for if I need to attend a funeral. Black fina grenadines are lauded as being a versatile tie on SF but I have to say whenever I might contemplate it there are always better and more colourful options for me. The dark or midnight blue ones are so much better IMO.

I only own a couple ties from Chipp, but I thought the story behind this one was neat:
F6BD25EF-8DF4-41C8-96A6-F94E3199B7E6.jpeg

Paul Winston reached out to me via PM on AAAC a couple years ago and let me know that he had two ties left from a one-off order he had done previously, and wanted to know if I was interested in getting one since he knew I was from Texas. I called him up to place the order, and we had a short but great conversation. I thought it was neat that someone who is arguably a legend in the Ivy clothing world would give me a call about a unique item like this, then take the time to chat for a bit. Very friendly, personable guy.

Admittedly, I need to have this tie slimmed down a bit, as 4” is a bit wide for me. Still though, the story behind it makes it one of my favorite ties I own.

TL;DR- I’ll be buying from Chipp because of the quality, and because of Paul Winston

Last edited:

Artigas

Reaction score
That’s bad ass.

Artigas

Reaction score

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It’s warm again, so Sunday fun (shirt) day:
6351CC32-4D34-45B6-A9D4-970F1CDE950E.jpeg
7D6EEFAF-7B5A-4E83-B773-EEFF03A7A089.jpeg

Picked up this shirt last weekend on deep discount and didn’t think I’d get to wear it until next spring, so pretty happy about it. The braided belt/woven shoes was actually an unintentional pairing that I’ll definitely do again.

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My tie matches my socks:
EF3B00B5-0FD7-461A-98DC-E3887A394884.jpeg

6C76683B-0385-4837-A033-35E5875D1B46.jpeg

I actually have my Corbin blazer today, but it’s on the back of my chair and I don’t feel like taking another picture

Artigas

Reaction score
That tie/shirt combo is excellent.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads