• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You lads been to the Esquire shop on Fountain View yet?
Odd place for a menswear shop and I used to live walking distance. Next to Ron’s Pub near San Felipe.

I know where Ron’s Pub is, I didn’t realize there was a menswear shop over there. I’ll have to go check it out.

Is that in Houston?

In the Uptown area, San Felipe is just north of Westheimer near the Galleria

jdp234

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know where Ron’s Pub is, I didn’t realize there was a menswear shop over there. I’ll have to go check it out.

In the Uptown area, San Felipe is just north of Westheimer near the Galleria

Pronounced, by the old timers, “San Phillipy.”

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pronounced, by the old timers, “San Phillipy.”

Have you ever done the tour of Taste of Texas with Nina Hendee? Super interesting Texas history stuff (they own a crazy amount of historic Texas-related artifacts), but she mentioned the pronunciation of San Felipe when my wife and I went several years ago. I’ve lived here my whole life and had never heard that- I’ve always heard “San FiLEEpay”, but now any time I drive down it, I can’t help but think “phillipy”

jdp234

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have you ever done the tour of Taste of Texas with Nina Hendee? Super interesting Texas history stuff (they own a crazy amount of historic Texas-related artifacts), but she mentioned the pronunciation of San Felipe when my wife and I went several years ago. I’ve lived here my whole life and had never heard that- I’ve always heard “San FiLEEpay”, but now any time I drive down it, I can’t help but think “phillipy”

No but I’m intrigued.

Reaction score
CBF7A3AD-A647-47D2-BC97-9D2E55043774.jpeg
Casual Friday. I think the polo is short enough that it doesn’t look bad untucked. Don’t mind the sweater under the shirt.

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Still Madras season here. It's over 100F today.

P1120262.jpg

The person standing next to me is an employee in the Shoe Department at Nordstrom's in Scottsdale Fashion Square.

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
Think they called this Baracuta 'Claret'. A very nice color indeed that blends very well with the Fraser Tartan lining. There is also a proper bright 'red'.
Apart the classic Navy, Black, etc., they tend to change their shades at each collection.

philipneri

Reaction score
That’s a pretty sweet shade of red. Not too bright by the looks of it.

Think they called this Baracuta 'Claret'. A very nice color indeed that blends very well with the Fraser Tartan lining. There is also a proper bright 'red'.
Apart the classic Navy, Black, etc., they tend to change their shades at each collection.

Yeah, I really like the shade of this red. It is not as flashy as the James Dean Rebel Without a Cause look. I got it at End Clothing. They called it Brick Red.

https://www.endclothing.com/us/baracuta-g9-original-harrington-jacket-brmow0001-2019.html

Caustic Man

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That's funny. I could see the jacket that James Dean wore in my head but I had to look up a picture to remember that it was, in fact, bright red. He sure wore it well. Not sure that I could. Wait... what am I saying? I wear madras, of course I could wear a bright red casual jacket. And I'm no James Dean.

Seersucker is something I know I can wear. And as long as the weather permits (which seems to be long indeed) I will wear it. Official end of the season be damned.

mdsg.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads