• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DFWWingnut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like those- do they actually stay on? I’ve tried several liners in the past that stay on the heel for about 3 steps and slide down.

Mine are actually invisible with true loafers, but slippers have lower sides
I may try some of these. Been sticking with Uniqlo...great price but they drive me nuts because they always slip down in the back.

Reaction score
I just bought this Brooks Brothers blazer off eBay. I haven’t mastered the art of online thrifting yet. I hope it ends up being a staple in my wardrobe after minor alterations.
62B6F78C-23A5-4F24-8B3D-B9A3BC8BABF7.png
050032EF-95C4-4097-9A90-1CDCC8FE677F.png
42A35288-643D-4F4B-BD36-D45C4B29E1D3.png
B1B964A6-C33F-4D80-A39E-478C0BFD81E7.png

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just bought this Brooks Brothers blazer off eBay. I haven’t mastered the art of online thrifting yet. I hope it ends up being a staple in my wardrobe after minor alterations.
View attachment 1027401 View attachment 1027402 View attachment 1027403 View attachment 1027404

That liner is awesome, I forgot that Social Primer did a collab with Brooks.

The biggest thing with eBay is knowing your measurements, as well as the measurements of your best fitting clothes. Except for stuff that can be easily altered (sleeve length, chest circumference), don’t compromise- I’ve compromised and ended up with stuff I later had to resell at a loss. With jackets, two main things are overall length and shoulder width. My ideal length is 30”-30.5” from the bottom of the collar. I’ve compromised with 29.5” jackets that were entirely too short- it’s crazy how much of a difference .5” can make. Another thing I almost never buy is jackets with working cuffs, unless the sleeve is already the exact length I need. Shortening sleeves with non-functional buttons is simple and costs $10-$15, whereas shortening sleeves with functional cuffs involves recutting the shoulder to shorten the sleeve from the top (costs around $100, and in most cases won’t look good unless the tailor is exceptionally skilled). I had one jacket (my linen DB PRL) that had to have the sleeves shortened from the shoulder- cost $95 and my tailor did a flawless job, but I would be very hesitant to risk it again.

Edit: This is the jacket-
333D43B5-0886-4FA3-98C6-D1E1AE84A28E.jpeg

I had been looking for this in my size for several years, and the sleeves were about an inch and a half too long and were functional. It’s an amazing jacket- minimal lining and padding, action/belted back, and a super lightweight linen blend. Basically I wasn’t going to find something like this elsewhere (esp for the $30 I paid NWT on eBay), so the alteration was worth the risk. Thankfully it worked great.

That derailed quickly. TL;DR- don’t compromise on measurements

Last edited:

Artigas

Reaction score
Everything here is Brooks, including this tie, which is the narrowest non-knit I own.

today.jpg

sftiger

Reaction score
I've got my S&B keychain sitting right next to my laptop - mine is going on 7 years strong of daily use and is still holding up pretty well!

Caustic Man

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I’ve been eyeing a SB needlepoint belt with U of L motif for a while. I might actually grab one once I finish overhauling my shirt collection.

On the subject of “stone” colored bottoms here is what I wore today. The pocket square is from one of our very own southern SF makers, X of Pentacles. Jacket is a vintage Carroll & Co. piece that has been featured here before. Pants are Lands End Stone chinos with high rise. Shoes are AE.

05E5B4C0-91FF-4440-A789-030547D79AAA.jpeg
60449F48-2058-4788-9D0F-DF0BEBC74068.jpeg
1F5B341C-2F37-49C5-9DB3-9E866181E29C.jpeg

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve been eyeing a SB needlepoint belt with U of L motif for a while. I might actually grab one once I finish overhauling my shirt collection.

On the subject of “stone” colored bottoms here is what I wore today. The pocket square is from one of our very own southern SF makers, X of Pentacles. Jacket is a vintage Carroll & Co. piece that has been featured here before. Pants are Lands End Stone chinos with high rise. Shoes are AE.

View attachment 1028448
View attachment 1028449
View attachment 1028452
My go to cotton pant colors are khaki, olive, navy, and stone. I sadly have none of these in my current rotation. Been looking for replacements for sometime to the pairs I’ve outgrown.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I recall that your size wasn't quite right for Lands End, correct? I always recommend them for people looking for a low cost/high quality chino in a variety of colors.
Yep. The waist was a little to big and there was pocket flare/tight hips. If I size up and have everything altered, I might as well go custom with Luxire.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads