• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay, just got the Haspel Seersucker suit in the mail. 100% cotton with that great rumpled feel. Ordered a 42L which is my normal size in all but Oxxford and Hickey Freeman (who sometimes take "long" to the extreme). Anyway, unlined and very soft. Seems like a good deal at $265 from eBay vendor. Retail is 3-4x as much. Imported from suspect country, though. The other stuff in my closet might beat it up and take its lunch money... Pre-alterations photos. Overall. I like it! Buttoning point a bit high but seeing as I'll wear it at 100 degrees no one will notice.

gasp! made where...? I thought Haspel was New Orleans?
patch[1].gif

Last edited:

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree about the buttoning point, but that's not a huge issue. A small nip at the waist and a slightly shorter right sleeve, and I think it will look very good.
Will definitely bring in the waist and adjust sleeves. Pretty comfortable suit overall. the vendor I used has more and in a few different stripe colors.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Caustic Man

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Of course! The problem is I live in Illinois, which is hot for about 3 months, and I already have a cotton pincord suit in cream. I'd like a solid navy seersucker suit, but I'd wear it probably twice a year.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Of course! The problem is I live in Illinois, which is hot for about 3 months, and I already have a cotton pincord suit in cream. I'd like a solid navy seersucker suit, but I'd wear it probably twice a year.

Even here in DC I can only regularly pull off summer suits in August when all my Evil Taskmasters are out. I have a navy blue Brooks suit in Irish linen that I get several wears out of but not as many as I would like. Different echelon but I grabbed a Zegna on sale with their High Performance wool. Fantastic. Light, semi-lined and breathable. It's the blue striped suit I posted earlier in What I Wore at Some Point forum. :D

Caustic Man

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah, and you probably wear suits much more often than I do, too. I only have maybe 5 or 6 of them and sometimes none of them will get any wear for months. SC and trousers are much more frequent for me. Do post that BB suit if you get a chance. I'd love a navy linen from BB.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice! With respect to the shoes, I wear tan most of the time. Hell, I would wear number 8 cordovan tassels with certain outfits. Help dress seersucker up a bit.

I like some dirty bucks. Haven't found any I really like though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads