1. Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Uni/form LA. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, UNI/FORM LA, a brand focused on improving the clothing you wear everyday. Their elevated essentials are handmade in LA and built for daily wear. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new thread.

MoneyWellSpent's Southern Trad Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Caustic Man, Jun 13, 2016.

1. kickstand

kickstand Senior Member

Thats really great

2. orange fury

orange fury Distinguished Member

Got my RLPL Collis slippers in that I was talking about, these things are badass:
    CF6D64B7-471A-444B-8D4D-A41686AB125B.jpeg

Fit is snug but comfortable, and the quality is next-level. I’m enjoying the solid green, but really think I’m going to do my initials in pink script.

Also, not southern trad, but maybe “Pacific trad?” Since Reyn Spooner is called the “Brooks Brothers of the Pacific”...:
    E716A3D3-0767-45CF-BAC0-CB8782B4BD9B.jpeg

I like living close enough to the coast that taking a random day trip is easily done

3. Caustic Man

Caustic Man Stylish Dinosaur

4. Roycru

Roycru Distinguished Member

Two days late for Seersucker Day but better late than never.

Took Christopher to the mall this morning (before it got too hot) to get some stuff for one of his projects. While we were there someone working in one of the stores asked if I was here for some golf tournament.

P1110830.jpg

5. Blake Stitched Blues

Blake Stitched Blues Senior Member

Herring slippers are very nice. I have two pair of their kidskin mules that I wear around the house in the autumn & winter. I suspect they're rather more basic than the other examples posted here. I have a lot of other sartorial priorities to take care of before I get any more slippers, although I do find them very satisfying things to purchase.

[​IMG]

The Rubinacci Marphy loafers look very nice. Sadly, I don't think they make them bigger than a UK10.

[​IMG]

6. justridiculous

justridiculous Distinguished Member

Mr. Porter stocks up to a size UK 12.

7. orange fury

Lol I was joking with the Pacific trad comment, though RS really does refer to themselves as the Brooks of the Pacific.

8. orange fury

Wow, those Rubinaccis almost look like velour with how plush that material seems to be.

I might catch flak for this, but I actually love the look of Belgian slippers. That’s one style I don’t own that I would love to get a pair of some day. My only issue would be figuring out what material/color to go with first

9. 8675309

8675309 Senior Member

Very nice. KW long sleeve polo to boot?

10. Thin White Duke

Thin White Duke Distinguished Member

You really, really need a Panama hat!

JJ’s Hat Centre in New York is having a sale right now.

11. Caustic Man

Caustic Man Stylish Dinosaur

How would you guys feel about having a “Preppi Uomo” challenge? That is, what would a preppy wear to Pitti Uomo? A small e gift card would go to the winner. If there is any interest we’ll do it.

12. orange fury

I have one, a Montecristi from Panama Hat Shop that I got 6 or 7 years ago- been a solid hat. That said, definitely checking out the sale at JJ’s- could always use a second one with a different shape

Actually, that day I had my O’Connell’s bucket hat sitting on the kitchen table ready to go and completely forgot to grab it on my way out. The Astros hat was in my car already, and I wasn’t going to wander around outside without something covering my head.

13. Thin White Duke

Thin White Duke Distinguished Member

Check out their Bowery model. I think I have five in assorted colours. The size, shape and proportions work perfectly for me.

14. Blake Stitched Blues

Blake Stitched Blues Senior Member

CM, for someone that professes to be anti-Pitti you're suspiciously cognizant of it every year. Are you sure there isn't a pair of dubmunx and some lurid scarlet socks hiding somewhere in the depths of your wardrobe? ;)

15. orange fury

I have both single and double monks in my closet- this is grounds for excommunication from this thread isn’t it?