1. Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Atelier Wen We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Atelier Wen focusing on quality mechanical watches proudly made in China.

MoneyWellSpent's Southern Trad Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Caustic Man, Jun 13, 2016.

1. Caustic Man

Caustic Man Stylish Dinosaur

Well I did qualify my statement to say he's an ass in online forums, didn't I?

2. Caustic Man

3. armedferret

armedferret Distinguished Member

Well I know where I'm stopping for gas and food on my way down to Augusta in a couple weeks.....

4. elterrell

elterrell Active Member

Quick question...do any of you wear a brown tie on blue shirt/suit? If you do, do you prefer black or brown belt/shoes?

5. kickstand

kickstand Senior Member

Im currently wearing a brown grenadine with a blue shirt. Do it all the time. Brown shoes, but that's what Im wearing 95% of the time.

6. elterrell

elterrell Active Member

Gotcha, I was worried it might be too much brown but dislike brown/black more than that.

7. Caustic Man

Brown and blue is a classic color combo. Always with brown shoes.

8. Roycru

Roycru Distinguished Member

In the Brentwood Country Mart earlier today trying to figure out how to eat a barbecue chicken sandwich with getting any of it on me. Did manage to eat it (even though parts if it fell through the very soft bun) without getting any of it on me.

P1110058 2.JPG

After all the recent nattering about neckties, hope no one has a seizure since I am wearing a Brooks Brothers 9/11 Memorial tie (which is the same colors as the Blue Lives Matter flag) although I haven't been in New York City since 1967 (and hope to spend the rest of my life without ever going there again).

For those who are wondering what the Brentwood Country Mart has to do with Southern Trad, there's a Sid Mashburn store there (which I discovered is closed on Mondays).

P1110052 2.jpg

9. Sartorially Striving

Sartorially Striving Well-Known Member

Congratulations on the chicken. I think only my oily neck is responsible for more ruined shirts than messy food.

I just picked up a shirt made by Sid Mashburn last week. Need to starch and iron it and post up a pic or two in the tailoring thread. Either my shirt sleeves are too long or my jacket sleeves are too short. Hmmmm.

10. Roycru

Since @Caustic Man mentioned the pre-OPH polyester blends in another group, here's the label in my Brooks Brothers blue blazer.

P1110111 2.JPG

Here I am, earlier today, wearing my Brooks Brothers 55% polyester 45% wool hopsack blazer which still looks good after many years, doesn't wrinkle, and moths won't eat.

P1110102 2.jpg

11. Caustic Man

12. Roycru

Thank you. Yes it is.

P1110115.JPG

13. Caustic Man

Staying on the theme of man made fibers and Brooks Brothers blazers, here is a poly/wool blend that has survived extremely well over the decades of its life. It does have a few holes but those are mostly snags. They have been sewn up and are now in the realm of prestigious scars. At least they are in my mind. Shirt and tie are Kamakura, sweater is Pulligan. Alfred Dunhill supplies the trousers. Salt stained loafers are by Land's End.

hyk1.jpg
    hyk2.jpg
    hyk3.jpg

14. An Acute Style

An Acute Style Distinguished Member

Southerners. I'm headed south for a week. The temps will be in the 70s. I'm asking for permission to wear seersucker, linen, and these loafers. Not necessarily all at the same time, but possibly. To early? What say you?
    [​IMG]

15. Caustic Man

Wear what you're comfortable wearing in the climate you're headed to.

But if you want the Emily Post answer you'll have to specify where in the South you are going.