• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Moneyclip

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Augusto86
Not to rain on anyone's parade, but what happens when you're walking around with a money clip worth more'n the money in it?? Doesn't that feel weird?

You find the nearest ATM
laugh.gif

A lot of times I don't use my clip unless I have a wad of bills so most of the time that's not a problem. (Although I can remember one time where all I had in my clip was a $5 - that was kinda funny)

rnrswitch

Reaction score
I hate LV. It represents everything bad about consumerism. Buy it cuz it has status connected with it rather than it will withstand years of punishment.

chim

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rnrswitch
I hate LV. It represents everything bad about consumerism. Buy it cuz it has status connected with it rather than it will withstand years of punishment.

but doesnt it really withstand years of punishment? i've seen LV bags last for over 15 years without much problem

RicoItaliano

Reaction score
Not to rain on anyone's parade, but what happens when you're walking around with a money clip worth more'n the money in it?? Doesn't that feel weird?

For such cases a paperclip would apply.

JO3B

Reaction score
i carry around a leather money clip from coach, i dont really like metal ones as they seem to get lost with the money, most are way too small..

i sometimes get comments, most are usually questions, when i first got it and friends noticed, it was compliments. from cashiers, never a word.

i don't use wallets as my jean pockets are too small. and i carry a card holder in my back pocket. when things need to be extra slim, i use only the card holder and put money in the middle pocket.

The False Prophet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stazy
You find the nearest ATM
laugh.gif

"I took out $100 from the ATM just because I liked the feel of having an even $500 in my gazelleskin wallet..."

rnrswitch

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chim
but doesnt it really withstand years of punishment? i've seen LV bags last for over 15 years without much problem

That's what I am saying though, is that the people buying the bags aren't doing it for the quality, but the damn LV logo. Not to mention they are ugly as all hell.

cheapmutha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rnrswitch
That's what I am saying though, is that the people buying the bags aren't doing it for the quality, but the damn LV logo.

sounds like what was happening when XCRX was in japan, but there it was PBJ and other denim brands. seems alot of good denim has been showing up on forum selling posts since then.

xcoldricex

Reaction score
i had a money clip with etched pagoda's on it. sadly it was stolen, found it in an antique store.

the only other cool one i've seen was made from quarters by some jewelry company that makes everything from coins... the name escapes me, but i considered getting one, but didn't since i have a nice wallet already.

xcoldricex

Reaction score
oh and yes, lv does withstand years of punishment. i know some people with 20+ year old bags and they also "look better with age" so you can scoff all you want, but its true.

quid

Reaction score

probably the same as people with 300 dollar wallets and no money in them.

JO3B

Reaction score
pardon me for seeing no difference in owning 300 dollar jeans and not having any money in your pocket either.

its a foolish thought that i got over very quickly. if you have an expensive item of clothing on, do you need to compensate for that item with an equal or greater amount in your wallet?

and you can argue, oh, but if you bought a cheap wallet, you could have easily had that money in your wallet.

yeah and if you got jeans from old navy you could have had more money in your pocket too.

the only thing i could say is, a money clip has money a bit more out in the open, and as well, carrying a few bills in a clip causes for money to fold too much, making the usage of a clip seem unnecessary.

other than that, i don't think many people should have somethign to say about it all, unless that is, you walk around with 100's of dollars in your pocket everywhere from a club to the corner store.

i mean, that IS unless, you dont necessarily gravitate toward more quality (and thus more expensive in most cases) items. INCLUDING, wallets and money clips.

familyman

Reaction score
That's it, everybody shop at walmart so you can have a big fat wad-o-cash in your pocket. Ladies won't care about your rustlers if you've got the bulge.

Servo2000

Reaction score
There is nothing worse than LV monogrammed ANYTHING.

I think it's about time for a BAPE x LV Bag. Really up the stakes in the obnoxious pattern game.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads