1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Moneyclip

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thisisme, Sep 12, 2006.

1. The False Prophet

The False Prophet Senior member

You find the nearest ATM [​IMG]

"I took out $100 from the ATM just because I liked the feel of having an even $500 in my gazelleskin wallet..."

2. rnrswitch

rnrswitch Senior member

but doesnt it really withstand years of punishment? i've seen LV bags last for over 15 years without much problem

That's what I am saying though, is that the people buying the bags aren't doing it for the quality, but the damn LV logo. Not to mention they are ugly as all hell.

3. cheapmutha

cheapmutha Senior member

That's what I am saying though, is that the people buying the bags aren't doing it for the quality, but the damn LV logo.

sounds like what was happening when XCRX was in japan, but there it was PBJ and other denim brands. seems alot of good denim has been showing up on forum selling posts since then.

4. xcoldricex

xcoldricex Senior member

i had a money clip with etched pagoda's on it. sadly it was stolen, found it in an antique store.

the only other cool one i've seen was made from quarters by some jewelry company that makes everything from coins... the name escapes me, but i considered getting one, but didn't since i have a nice wallet already.

5. xcoldricex

xcoldricex Senior member

oh and yes, lv does withstand years of punishment. i know some people with 20+ year old bags and they also "look better with age" so you can scoff all you want, but its true.

6. quid

quid Senior member

Not to rain on anyone's parade, but what happens when you're walking around with a money clip worth more'n the money in it?? Doesn't that feel weird?

probably the same as people with 300 dollar wallets and no money in them.

7. RicoItaliano

RicoItaliano Well-Known Member

probably the same as people with 300 dollar wallets and no money in them.

[​IMG]

8. JO3B

JO3B Senior member

pardon me for seeing no difference in owning 300 dollar jeans and not having any money in your pocket either.

its a foolish thought that i got over very quickly. if you have an expensive item of clothing on, do you need to compensate for that item with an equal or greater amount in your wallet?

and you can argue, oh, but if you bought a cheap wallet, you could have easily had that money in your wallet.

yeah and if you got jeans from old navy you could have had more money in your pocket too.

the only thing i could say is, a money clip has money a bit more out in the open, and as well, carrying a few bills in a clip causes for money to fold too much, making the usage of a clip seem unnecessary.

other than that, i don't think many people should have somethign to say about it all, unless that is, you walk around with 100's of dollars in your pocket everywhere from a club to the corner store.

i mean, that IS unless, you dont necessarily gravitate toward more quality (and thus more expensive in most cases) items. INCLUDING, wallets and money clips.

9. familyman

familyman Senior member

That's it, everybody shop at walmart so you can have a big fat wad-o-cash in your pocket. Ladies won't care about your rustlers if you've got the bulge.

10. Servo2000

Servo2000 Well-Known Member

I think it's about time for a BAPE x LV Bag. Really up the stakes in the obnoxious pattern game.

11. thisisme

thisisme Senior member

it seems like everytime a moneyclip thread is brought up this discussion always happens. BUT can anyone find a similar style i started the thread with?

12. JO3B

JO3B Senior member

thisisme, pardon the going off on a tangent.

wish i could help, but montblanc has some similar ones although their pricing doesnt necessarily help.

why not visit a fortuneoff? they carry a somewhat extensive line there, mostly reasonably priced in different metals.

13. Hawkeye

Hawkeye Senior member

I used to carry a money-clip, then I used a black office binder clip, now just a slim wallet, but I really hope that this design comes into fruition:
    [​IMG]
    This and a Metro Card and I would be all set.

14. RicoItaliano

RicoItaliano Well-Known Member

The amount of cash I carry is not related to what I am wearing (house clothes or suit) and it appears that the only people who are bothered by a money clip are those who can't fill it. Same people who would be upset about the type of car another person drives.

15. letters

letters Member

I'm interested in hearing what comments were said exactly, when someone saw their money clip.

16. Pete

Pete Active Member

I used to carry a money-clip, then I used a black office binder clip, now just a slim wallet, but I really hope that this design comes into fruition:

This and a Metro Card and I would be all set.

Looks like RF ID to me....and I say forget that.

Right now i am carrying a slim walled with a money clip incorperated, but looking for something a little smaller. I have a few design ideas, but i need to find a good fabric/leather store.

17. Edward Appleby

Edward Appleby Senior member

pardon me for seeing no difference in owning 300 dollar jeans and not having any money in your pocket either.

its a foolish thought that i got over very quickly. if you have an expensive item of clothing on, do you need to compensate for that item with an equal or greater amount in your wallet?

and you can argue, oh, but if you bought a cheap wallet, you could have easily had that money in your wallet.

yeah and if you got jeans from old navy you could have had more money in your pocket too.

the only thing i could say is, a money clip has money a bit more out in the open, and as well, carrying a few bills in a clip causes for money to fold too much, making the usage of a clip seem unnecessary.

other than that, i don't think many people should have somethign to say about it all, unless that is, you walk around with 100's of dollars in your pocket everywhere from a club to the corner store.

i mean, that IS unless, you dont necessarily gravitate toward more quality (and thus more expensive in most cases) items. INCLUDING, wallets and money clips.

Surely you can see how, logical or not, there's a certain piquancy about having a money clip worth more than it's contents. It's like putting a print in an antique frame.