Money on Clothes.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mistawho, Oct 30, 2007.

1. GoSurface

GoSurface Senior member

I just buy when I see something I like. Usually, the money just sits in the bank.

2. jet

jet Persian Bro

It's hard when you live in arguably the best shopping area in the country. I can imagine it being easy for those who don't live in socal or ny since you don't see all the pimp shit that exists.

3. ghulkhan

ghulkhan Senior member

^ I used to see more clothes last year through consignments than living in NYC. But thats probably only me...

4. BYucko

BYucko Senior member

I'm looking at around 200 a month for a sweater or two, or a sweater and some shoes....

Hopefully when I get a higher paying job I'll have more money to spend and higher quality clothes.

Err....save as well. Until I get my hands on a credit card, of course.

5. juicemakesugar

juicemakesugar Senior member

$150-200

Shit job, shit pay.

6. Marrakesh

Marrakesh Well-Known Member

I'm a college-student from Germany and i spend about 1000$ for clothes in a month.

7. qwerty

qwerty Member

I use to spend only $2000 a month, but lately it's been $1000 a week for the last 2 months due to my over obsession with denim.
    but I am a college student .. so this will change once i graduate as I won't be spending mommy and daddy's money anymore [​IMG] .

8. Stylin-1

Stylin-1 Senior member

I use to spend only $2000 a month, but lately it's been $1000 a week for the last 2 months due to my over obsession with denim.
    but I am a college student .. so this will change once i graduate as I won't be spending mommy and daddy's money anymore [​IMG] .

Jesus, what do your parents do that they can throw you over 50K annually for clothes?

9. metkirk

metkirk Senior member

Jesus, what do your parents do that they can throw you over 50K annually for clothes?
    Believe it or not some kids can blow a serious amount of money on clothes. I know kids who blindly spend money on designer stuff and when I visited their houses I had a hard time not feeling bad for their parents since they obviously didn't seem to make money that easily. Anyway, I usually spend $500 a year for clothing related items.

10. qwerty

qwerty Member

yeah and i'm a girl.. so its reasonable..
    and i just noticed this is the men's style forum but that's okay.
    but my parents are retired, but they have already said i won't get a penny from them after i graduate so i guess i am milking the shit out of it while i can.

11. qwerty

qwerty Member

anyone know why there's no women's style forum on this board.. i thought i saw it when i signed up.. guess not -_-

12. Stylin-1

Stylin-1 Senior member

but my parents are retired, but they have already said i won't get a penny from them after i graduate so i guess i am milking the shit out of it while i can.

So tell me about your denim obsession.[​IMG]

13. metkirk

metkirk Senior member

Yeah milk them dry girl, milk them dry [​IMG]

14. Torec_Scrail

Torec_Scrail Member

Believe it or not some kids can blow a serious amount of money on clothes. I know kids who blindly spend money on designer stuff and when I visited their houses I had a hard time not feeling bad for their parents since they obviously didn't seem to make money that easily.

Anyway, I usually spend $500 a year for clothing related items.

Haha man, that's like me... I dress ok...very basic. Gotta put it all towards rent/school. So I pretty much only buy something I really like now... Hopefully save up some and blow it on some nice new clothes hah.

15. bob

bob Senior member

Damn, I'm a student too and I spend no where close to 1k on clothes a year. And thats from my own income. I never buy clothes on my parents dime. To say 2k a month is reasonable because you're a girl is a stretch to say the least.

But if your parents are loaded then i guess how much of their money you spend is between you and them.