• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Moncler vs Canada Goose

E. coli

Reaction score
Thanks all for comments and for suggestions of other brands. @dieworkwear The everest coat was a great suggestion, but I'm just sold on the cords. Any others are welcome.

I've had a fairly hefty EOY bonus, which is why I'm looking into this. Expecting to move to the north of Italy within the year or so now that my company is allowing full-time remote, so that's another reason for a strong coat because this last month I've felt damned cold.

I'm glad to see both Moncler and CG have solid reviews here. I've tried on a CG and was impressed; haven't had the opportunity with a Moncler. But it would be good if they told you online the density of the padding for Moncler - at least CG do.

Specifically, I'm looking at something like: this Moncler, this Moncler, this Moncler, or this Moncler. On the CG front, having tried on most, the Sanford is the most appealing.

Is there any difference in warmth between the brands per se? Or quality of materials to justify the enhanced price of Moncler over other competitors? And expected lifetime of a coat - CG give their lifetime warranty and Moncler do not, but do Moncler even need to market that?

"Hefty EOY bonus and moving to the north of Italy" ;)

Try MooRER- I have several pieces in different temperature ranges of their Thermal Indicator Index (A-E) scale. https://www.moorer.clothing/us/materials -Fine Italian craftsmanship using high quality materials, have been pleased with each piece. https://www.moorer.clothing/us/materials

Branding is mostly on the down low and most pieces are elegant, stylish, and practical. Don't let the high prices deter you even with your hefty bonus, products can be purchased at reasonable to bargain prices depending on the time of the year. Yoox.com carries a nice inventory throughout the year and have great sales.

Disclosure: I have one puffy Moncler jacket and do not own CG as it's too abundant in the wild for my taste. Good luck on the hunt and do follow up post whatever you decide.

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"Hefty EOY bonus and moving to the north of Italy" ;)

Try MooRER- I have several pieces in different temperature ranges of their Thermal Indicator Index (A-E) scale. https://www.moorer.clothing/us/materials -Fine Italian craftsmanship using high quality materials, have been pleased with each piece. https://www.moorer.clothing/us/materials

Branding is mostly on the down low and most pieces are elegant, stylish, and practical. Don't let the high prices deter you even with your hefty bonus, products can be purchased at reasonable to bargain prices depending on the time of the year. Yoox.com carries a nice inventory throughout the year and have great sales.

Disclosure: I have one puffy Moncler jacket and do not own CG as it's too abundant in the wild for my taste. Good luck on the hunt and do follow up post whatever you decide.

Never heard of them but some attractive garments.

If I didn’t already have enough coats I’d consider one. The only thing for me is a lack of presence here in the states. For those kinds of prices, I like to touch, feel and try on.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
For something no one else will have where you are, take a look at these.

Very warm and very light - CG can be like wearing a carpet - this weighs 13 oz. and is made with a water-repellent down and Japanese high-tech water/wind resistant fabrics for harsh hunting conditions. $400 USD.

1641392484746.png

If you think you'll be standing in a blizzard for some time, up to this:

1641392661913.png

About twice the price but water/windproof and made for extreme conditions. 2 lbs.

lefty

Pandaros

Reaction score

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If anyone is selling or is willing to sell a CG Freestyle vest or Moncler down vest please PM me……used is OK must be MINT condition. Thanks!

E. coli

Reaction score
Never heard of them but some attractive garments.

If I didn’t already have enough coats I’d consider one. The only thing for me is a lack of presence here in the states. For those kinds of prices, I like to touch, feel and try on.
Totally understand, I’m the same way. I believe Bloomingdale’s carry MooRER at least they do on their website and as mentioned YOOX is a good source and has a good return policy. But I suspect as you mentioned the biggest hurdle is do you need another coat ?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads