• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Moncler Jean

ville_e

Reaction score
I recently purchased the "Moncler Jean" from the "D'Angleterre" line. The coat is very slim fitting and warm. I think it is one of the most innovative down coats I have seen, combining wool and down. Opinions?

img56641963.jpg

img56641964.jpg

img56641965.jpg

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like it except for the quilted back. That had to be damn expensive though.

ville_e

Reaction score
Originally Posted by closebys
Yes, really nice how much price for it you got it?

1000 Euros.. it is rather pricey but great design.. one of the best I have seen from Moncler.

stevenvg

Reaction score
looks damn good but much much much.. too rich for me.

Jbreen1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't like it at all. And for 1000 euros I think it's kind of laughable. But that's just my opinion.

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
00250m.jpg
i got this new for like $150... tony melillo, wool/cashmere outer with down padding... the moncler is kinda expensive and very overdesigned, but to each his own

ville_e

Reaction score
How do you guys like this one compared to the one above?
img56580399.jpg
Totally diff. style of course and more traditional Moncler.

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ppllzz
00250m.jpg
i got this new for like $150... tony melillo, wool/cashmere outer with down padding... the moncler is kinda expensive and very overdesigned, but to each his own

I rather like that.

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ppllzz
00250m.jpg

Where to cop?

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i got the last one off matchesfashion.com, retail was like 1k

ville_e

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ville_e
img56580399.jpg

Please critique this jacket... how would you say it is compared to the Jean model above (hard to compare as differing models).. Thanks!
smile.gif

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ville_e
Please critique this jacket... how would you say it is compared to the Jean model above (hard to compare as differing models).. Thanks!
smile.gif

The Jean all the way. All the local South Brooklyn drug dealers rock the shiny Moncler.

ville_e

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Epaulet
The Jean all the way. All the local South Brooklyn drug dealers rock the shiny Moncler.

Thanks, I agree. The Jean is one of the more stylish Moncler's I have seen..

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads