• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Momotaro

webzeb

Reaction score
Hello,

I would like to buy a Momotaro's pair of jeans.
Going to Battle label would be a plus, but NOT a requirement.
No wash would be a plus, but NOT a requirement.

I try to identify the right fit and size. Your help would be much appreciated!

IMPORTANT: Please note I only wash my jean in COLD water after 6 months or so, so usually they do NOT shrink significantly, even if unsanforized. On the opposite, they tend to stretch by about one size with wear! (It is very common I cannot button them completely the first weeks...and they become loose after a few month.) But I heard Momotaro's don't stretch that much...

I am H shaped, very narrow.
1.79m (5'10.4") for 68kg (150lbs).
Long legs for my size (with L34 I usually wear my jean uncuffed).
I usually wear size W28/L34, sometimes W29/L34.

Currently, my best fitting pair is an A.P.C New Standard W28/L34.
Measurements (after one year of wear):
  • Waist: 40cm (15.75") (measured flat, exterior, with front and back waistbands lined-up)
    38 cm (15") (measured flat, exterior, with front and back waistbands NOT lined-up)
    Waist is absolutely perfect when standing!
    Waist tends to get slightly loose at the back when sitting and my shirt to untuck, but I guess it is more related to insufficient back rise than to too large waist. Opinion welcome!
  • Front rise: 25cm (9.84")
  • Back rise: 33.5cm (13.19")
    Please see the comment after this bullet list. I have an untucking shirt issue...
  • Upper thighs: 27.5cm (10.8")
    Perfect!
  • Knees: 19.5cm (7.68")
    Good, but I have quite bulky calves (regarding my skinny build), so maybe something around 20cm (7.87") would be better?
  • Leg openings: 17,5cm (6.89")
    OK, but I would like something more tapered.
    On the other hand, I tried several jeans with leg opening around 15.5cm (6.1") and it was WAY too narrow. Especially to accommodate the shoes I wear (mostly vintage English oxford of boots (old Edward Green, Jogh Lobb, Trickers'...)). It felt unbalanced and gave impression of gigantic feet (EU43/UK9/US10). Maybe something around 16.5 would make the deal?
  • Inseam: 84cm (33.07")
    Almost perfect.
    83cm would be perfect uncuffed.
    86cm or more would allow me to cuff (better looking I think).
The two other things I would like to improve are the fact that I have a slight excess of fabric below the butt when standing (I have a very flat butt :/ ) and that my shirt tends to untuck when sitting. Could a higher riser combine, maybe, with a slightly narrower waist improve that?

Many thanks for your help!

Fred

Edit: I don't know if Momo does that, but I HATE low crotch.

Last edited:

Mistral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
2jffuht.jpg

2a7v0ag.jpg

11t0mr5.jpg

33c10ki.jpg

mblcn8.jpg

afeqz6.jpg

benjamin831

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can I expect anymore shrinkage from a pair of "one-wash" Momos?

benjamin831

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No, they really won't shrink much if you have the one-wash. The stretch is also super minimal.

Sorry to ask again, but even after multiple cold machine washes? I'm planning to do a vintage fade so I'll be washing them quite often haha.

Thanks!

ErikW

Reaction score
Sorry to ask again, but even after multiple cold machine washes? I'm planning to do a vintage fade so I'll be washing them quite often haha.

Thanks!

Cotton is a natural fiber, so they'll shrink a bit after every wash, but they'll stretch back out (a little). They just feel tight for a few hours. You shouldn't experience any true shrinkage though. 95% of that happens when they're sanforized.

benjamin831

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody had any luck getting rid of the battle stripes? I assume is typical acrylic silkscreen ink?

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You could just order the same cut w/o the battle stripes.

Corso

Reaction score
It depends, some models are only available with the stripes. I don't like them either.

Drextech

Reaction score
Hello,
I have a short question.
3 weeks ago a got my first 0306-SP 15,7 oz in W34. I almost could not button up. I didn’t soak and after 2,5 weeks of wear they fit proper.
Today I got a 0306-14SP in W34 13oz. They fit more from beginning, I can bottom up. I don’t want that it stretches more. Should I soak them? Cold, lukewarm or hot? I don’t want to loose indigo, but I don’t want to stretch them much more. My idea is to shrink them a bit with a soak and stretch them by wearing to its pre-soak size.
My both 0306 are sanforized.
I really appreciate your help.

willy156

Reaction score
I have japan blue jeans, although not momotaro can I post here? Or is there a thread for Japan Blue

willy156

Reaction score
Finally washed my japan blue jeans. Hope they come out good! What I didn't like about them was just how stiff they were. I think the JB0401 is a 14.8 oz denim but I think it has to do with the amount of starch in the jeans. Hoping they will be a lot more comfortable.

TheloniusDrunk

Reaction score
Been desperately looking for a pair of momos that are not super slim in the thigh/seat area, but taper pretty narrow at the ankle and have at least a 36" inseam. Anyone know of any? I had the 201 copper labels and wore them out, but those were too wide at the ankle and I wanted to move down once I wore through them. Ordered the G004-MB and they were narrower in the ankle but still wider than I'd like. Is there even a model of Momotaro's that has what I'm looking for?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads