• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Momotaro

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those are really sweet. I like the cut a lot better than the majority of the 701/705's I see.

b-ewing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alright, y'all. I just copped @Jay-D's G007s. Beautiful stuff... about the best one wash I've seen- good texture due to the natural salt water bath.

Unfortunately, I gotta say these F***ers are tight, and I'm having ulcers about the fit. Worn em around the house, never touched water, but am wondering what I should do? @Jay says they should stretch just right, but I haven't been at this crossroad in a long time, and have serious cold feet. I can scrounge up fit pics, but take my word for it, they are really fuggin snun in the hips/waist. The top box- is making me feel like I need a tramp stamp and an Ed Hardy tee... I can button em all the way up, but fear I'm going to blow a rivet! :D

I usually take a 33 in one soak and 34 in raw (e.g. Flat Head, LVC, Skull); they even measure out to just about a perfect fit (34" waist, about at 24" thigh). But these have me guessing... (My first Momo experience)

These gonna stretch? What say the Denimheadz? Mind you, they're 14.7 and not 15.7oz, but still a very tight weave.

@Jay, it isn't that I don't respect and trust your advice (you DO do this for a living after all), but I guess I I'm looking for a bit more assurance (maybe I just need another drink/Prozac)- my neurotic tendancies at play again :puzzled:

Last edited:

uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx

Reaction score

These gonna stretch? What say the Denimheadz? Mind you, they're 14.7 and not 15.7oz, but still a very tight weave.

@Jay, it isn't that I don't respect and trust your advice (you DO do this for a living after all), but I guess I I'm looking for a bit more assurance (maybe I just need another drink/Prozac)- my neurotic tendancies at play again :puzzled:

Lol u kidding me? Give it six months you'll be good. wouldn't hurt if you watch what u eat and go to the gym.

Sent from my HTC Sensation

IIIrd Icon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Alright, y'all. I just copped @Jay-D's G007s. Beautiful stuff... about the best one wash I've seen- good texture due to the natural salt water bath.

what do you mean, "... never touched water"? they swam in sea water__ so, i assume they've shrunk close to the max, if not maxed. @this state, the fabric has no other way to go, but expand__ mosdef @waistband. maybe, not by a lot @the thighs, but it will.

imo, if the jeans fit, you must commit.:slayer:

Those are really sweet. I like the cut a lot better than the majority of the 701/705's I see.

choosing the right cut for your body type/built makes a world of difference on the how well they drape you. of course, experimenting on other cuts/models make it more fun/interesting/challenging :)

Momo701xPSxMizuma.jpg

701 x Mizuna x PS "Torta"

Last edited:

MartinLil

Reaction score

Unfortunately, I gotta say these F***ers are tight, and I'm having ulcers about the fit. Worn em around the house, never touched water, but am wondering what I should do? @Jay says they should stretch just right, but I haven't been at this crossroad in a long time, and have serious cold feet. I can scrounge up fit pics, but take my word for it, they are really fuggin snun in the hips/waist. The top box- is making me feel like I need a tramp stamp and an Ed Hardy tee... I can button em all the way up, but fear I'm going to blow a rivet! :D

I usually take a 33 in one soak and 34 in raw (e.g. Flat Head, LVC, Skull); they even measure out to just about a perfect fit (34" waist, about at 24" thigh). But these have me guessing... (My first Momo experience)

If they're tight enough to have you guessing, then they probably won't stretch out enough. I had a pair (different brand) that were tight in the hip/thigh area but good in the waist. I thought they would stretch out like all the forum advice said, but it never happened. Send them back, man.

EDIT: Jay is awesome to do business with. I'm sure he'll take good care of you.

Last edited:

b-ewing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've committed! Stretching em right now... cold soaked from the crotch up, and been wearing em all day... the chain stitch on the waist is what's killin me the most :violin: Feeling more confident at this point though. big question I'm asking myself is do I go for a 2" or double 1" cuff with little draping, or a 1" cuff with extra draping? Usually go for the former, but thinking the fade may be better with more draping... any thoughs?

Will post some fit pics soon. thx guys!

@uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx: yeah, I could watch what I eat... does switching to Coors Light count? :D

@IIIrd Icon: your 0701s are looking killer! Those Chucks on your feet?

Last edited:

IIIrd Icon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^tnx__ they're Paul Smith "TORTA" , ltd ed graphic series by Eboy from a few years back. i love em, so i use them sparingly to hold on to them longer.

btw, just be patient, the waist will def stretch,

Last edited:

uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx

Reaction score

what do you mean, "... never touched water"? they swam in sea water__ so, i assume they've shrunk close to the max, if not maxed. @this state, the fabric has no other way to go, but expand__ mosdef @waistband. maybe, not by a lot @the thighs, but it will.

imo, if the jeans fit, you must commit.:slayer:

choosing the right cut for your body type/built makes a world of difference on the how well they drape you. of course, experimenting on other cuts/models make it more fun/interesting/challenging :)

Momo701xPSxMizuma.jpg

701 x Mizuna x PS "Torta"

That's a dope fit too. Yea i spent a lot if time trying on different jeans, and figured out I can't pull off that tapered look because I'm mesomorphic. By far, these are my favorite pair that I own. I think this pair and a black KMW 1980 are all I need.

Sent from my HTC Sensation

Mistral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've committed! Stretching em right now... cold soaked from the crotch up, and been wearing em all day... the chain stitch on the waist is what's killin me the most :violin: Feeling more confident at this point though. big question I'm asking myself is do I go for a 2" or double 1" cuff with little draping, or a 1" cuff with extra draping? Usually go for the former, but thinking the fade may be better with more draping... any thoughs?

Will post some fit pics soon. thx guys!

I have the exact same pairs as you (G007-MB). Mine stretched a little and are very comfortable, one washed being one of the reasons. Details on the pair are sick, fit is great and they are just a blast to wear. Unfortunately I've commited myself to a pair of 0701's now, so they don't see many wear at the moment. But I think for me it's safe to say, that the Copper Labels are the best jeans I own, hands down.

Anyway, regarding your question. I do a single cuff all the time, since the inseam is only 35 inches long. My length is about 1.76 m, don't know about yours, but it seems to work for me.

Here is a fitpic in case you are interested:

2z87o03.jpg

By the way, this was initial fit. So they weren't cuffed yet... Also they were tight as well. Just toughen up and give it some time to make it stretch, eventually it will work out.

Jay-D

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Naked & Famous x Momotaro Collaboration 2 "Weird Guy" Guess what arrived a couple weeks earlier than expected!
7987000.1b.JPG
The Naked & Famous x Momotaro 2 collaboration denim combines the Japanese artisan craftsmanship of Momotaro and the fit of the Naked & Famous weird guy cut. This collaboration will be very similar to the first collaboration in details, but uses a slightly different 14oz fabric that is expected to fade quicker. Only 400 pairs of denim were made in the first production run. Momotaro x Naked & Famous Collbaboration 2 "Weird Guy" Selvedge Denim in Indigo
- 100% cotton
- Sizes 28-34, 36
- Made in Kojima, Japan by Momotoro
7987000.2b.JPG
7987000.4b.JPG
7987000.5b.JPG
7987000.3b.JPG

Link: http://www.blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB...il&SKU=7987000 More details cane be seen on our latest blog post: http://blueowlworkshop.blogspot.com/2011/09/momotaro-x-naked-famous-collbaboration.html.

gshyoung

Reaction score
Got my Momotaro Grand Indigo 0701MCXX delivered today!

First impressions:

Stiff as! It took my a good 5 to 10 minutes to put these babies on. Ordered a size 30 and thought I was being quite generous already (I wear 30 in Nudies - so no sizing up or down required here).

These jeans are slim fit and TTS. Took a fair bit of effort buttoning these up, but that's not because I'm a fat arse trying to squeeze into denim that's one-size-too-small, but rather due to the stiffness caused by the starch. Fit is quite snug and I'm expecting it to loosen over time (we're talking about a bit of stretching here and there, but nothing in the extreme like the APCs). Won't be soaking, either.

I have to say that these fit me quite well out of the box. The cut is perfect, butt hugging, and looks quite flattering on me.. hehehe. No problem fitting my gym thighs/quads into these as well. Snug, is the word; not too tight. I'm hoping the crotch area and waist will loosen up a bit over the next few days.

Also, I don't plan on getting these hemmed, so will just cuff them instead. I'm not a tall guy, and there's just far too much stacking. A single cuff would still be too long, so I'm going to have to cuff 3 layers.

Here are some unpackaging pics (sorry, no fit pics):

Overall:

Made in Japan and are no doubt these are premium quality jeans. If you're a denim fan and sick of seeing Nudies everywhere, I would highly recommend you try on a pair. Whether it's worth the $320 price tag is arguable, but I think it is, and I personally love them. That's all that matters ;)

Will be wearing these to work tomorrow even though it's only Thursday. And then again on Friday. And again throughout my buck's weekend ;) Will be wearing these with my Red Wing Iron Ranger boots that got delivered a couple of days ago.

Cheers!
colgate.gif

commodorewheeler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If they're tight enough to have you guessing, then they probably won't stretch out enough. I had a pair (different brand) that were tight in the hip/thigh area but good in the waist. I thought they would stretch out like all the forum advice said, but it never happened. Send them back, man.

EDIT: Jay is awesome to do business with. I'm sure he'll take good care of you.

IME, thighs do not stretch much on jeans. If your jeans are tight in the thighs, they will most likely always be tight there. The waist, however, tends to have at least an inch of stretch on most brands and models of jeans.

S-Town

Reaction score
Hey guys, I just got a pair of the 0701s from the Revolve sale; size 34. They don't fit. If anyone wants to snag 'em before I send them back, hit me up.

Jay-D

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Momotaro: 5oz Selvedge Chambray Work Shirts Our newest shipment from Rampuya brings us restocks of their 5oz selvedge chambray work shirts and a new hooded chambray work shirt from the "Going to Battle" series. Momotaro's chambray button downs feature a vintage design, slim modern fit, and triple needle construction and are made in Okayama, Japan. The fabric used is a 5oz selvedge chambray which is made on vintage shuttle looms. Fabric has also been washed for a soft comfortable feel and slight wrinkled texture. Momotaro "Going to Battle" 5oz Selvedge Chambray Hooded Work Shirt in Red - Model SJ093
- 5oz selvedge chambray
- Sizes 38, 40, 42
- Made in Japan
7975000.1b.JPG
7975000.5b.JPG

7975000.3b.JPG
7975000.2b.JPG

Link: http://www.blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB...il&SKU=7975000 Momotaro 5oz Selvedge Chambray Work Shirt in Indigo - Model MS033
- Triple needle construction
- 5oz selvedge chambray
- Sizes 38, 40, 42
- Made in Japan
7991300.1b.JPG
7991300.4b.JPG

7991300.5b.JPG
7991300.6b.JPG

Link: http://www.blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB...il&SKU=7991300 Momotaro 5oz Selvedge Chambray Work Shirt in Red - Model MS033
- 5oz selvedge chambray
- Sizes 38, 40, 42
- Made in Japan
7991301.1b.JPG
7991301.4b.JPG

7991301.5b.JPG
7991301.6b.JPG

Link: http://www.blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB...il&SKU=7991301 Momotaro 5oz Selvedge Chambray Work Shirt in Off-White - Model MS033
- 5oz selvedge chambray
- Sizes 38, 40, 42
- Made in Japan
7991302.1b.JPG
7991302.4b.JPG

7991302.5b.JPG
7991302.6b.JPG

Link: http://www.blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB...il&SKU=7991302

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics