• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Momotaro

willrh1

Reaction score

@IIIrd - ah, I wondered if you began wearing these and posted just to have "first dibs" on evo pics ;)
Blue Owl, Blue Owl. They would create a collab that awesome. With battlestripes perhaps as well?! (ultimate combo - 400 or 200 fit w/ 702 denim and battle stripes :drool: )

I don't believe the collab will feature stripes. From my discussions with Jay I think it's just going to be the 702s in a slimmer fit and other blue owl touches. Cant wait!

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
oye socio usamos la misma talla verdad? Pense que esas vainas no te iban a quedar,

YOU CALLIN ME FAT?!

Llevo 33 o 34, dependiendo del corte.

fit is spot on_ dunnit again, Señor Agentino!

Thank you! I was originally intending on a 34, but Jay got out the measuring tape and helped me nail it.

jajaja, dije eso por el problema que tenemos con el tamanio de nuestros muslos. Marica, cuando vi tu foto pense que estaba viendo una foto mia. Que es tu estatura?

oye socio usamos la misma talla verdad? Pense que esas vainas no te iban a quedar,

colombiano?

socio, yo soy latinoamérica!

Ya somos tres!

here is a fit pic (lol taken with instagram) of the going to battle japan blue tight straight fit:

been wearing them a few times week for the past couple of months or so

nice fit!

Not sure how I feel about wearing them with loafers yet, I tried it this past weekend and it felt off for some reason:/

Anybody have the 0702 deep indigos?  Or know of any pics out there that show their fading?

I have the momo deep indogo and the nf deep indigo, the NF deep indigo's have taken a beating. I have worn them to and from class for an entire semester and do not have significant fades. :plain:

@IIIrd - ah, I wondered if you began wearing these and posted just to have "first dibs" on evo pics ;)

Blue Owl, Blue Owl. They would create a collab that awesome. With battlestripes perhaps as well?! (ultimate combo - 400 or 200 fit w/ 702 denim and battle stripes :drool: )

y sigues con esas vainas, tu y tus benditas lineas. :)

Last edited:

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sí güey - los battle stripes. Sabes que te gustan. ;)

Me mido a seis pies punto, y peso entre 86-89 kilos - depende de la estación. Caderas a 35", cintura a 33".

phonics

Reaction score

e3f8b43a.jpg
What model is this and how did you size them (your actual waist size and jean size)?

Last edited:

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sí güey - los battle stripes. Sabes que te gustan. ;)

Me mido a seis pies punto, y peso entre 86-89 kilos - depende de la estación. Caderas a 35", cintura a 33".

jajaja marica! Tal vez un dia voy a cogere un par. ;)

Do you like to stack your jeans? I now you wear them with chucks, I do the same but I am switching to MMM Gats and CP Achilles, and I don't care to stack much. I am 5'11.75'' (yes the .75 means a lot to me) and I am considering having them hemmed to 32", thoughts? I am assuming that the inseam is taken from the fork (assuming I am using that term correctly), where the fabric connects with the other layer of denim making a thick seam. (right below le package).

TooAwesome

Reaction score
What's making you guys choose the 702s instead of the ER007-2B grand indigos (not the context ones, those look bad to me. Fit and detail wise)? I prefer the GI from the colour, peach arcs/tabs but the 702s selvedge and tonal chainstitch is nicer

one thing I would like is if it were in the 400 tapered fit

^ just say you're 6' -.-

Last edited:

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If the 702s are the deep indigo, I went with them because I liked the shade of blue more. Also the thigh measurement was crucial for me. That's the only reason I choose them.

I don't like to wear denim everyday but ever since I jumped on this bandwagon I haven't gotten a chance to wear anything else (to class). I am trying to fade my jeans and that may have a lot to do with it.

IIIrd Icon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Do you like to stack your jeans? I now you wear them with chucks, I do the same but I am switching to MMM Gats and CP Achilles, and I don't care to stack much. I am 5'11.75'' (yes the .75 means a lot to me) and I am considering having them hemmed to 32", thoughts? I am assuming that the inseam is taken from the fork (assuming I am using that term correctly), where the fabric connects with the other layer of denim making a thick seam. (right below le package).

it's called crotch :)
i'm 5'11 1/2", but i always state 5'11", so i don't need to put in more digits.
32" inseam is what i get when i don't want to double or do a monster cuff.
just make sure you get most of the shrinkage out before hemming

BiG will usually add shrinkage allowance when hemming RAWs if you tell them you want the 32 to be post soak/wash.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I actually have only ever owned one pair of chucks - back in high school b/c everyone had some. Most of the time, I sport my denim with Adidas Sambas, Clark's DBs, or my Alden collection now.

At my grand total of six feet, I ask for 33.5 inseam - that's at least what I got my 400s hemmed to at Blue Owl. Gives me enough of a light stack or enough to cuff. I had also bought a N&F Sulphur Black WG from Jay, but left the inseam as is at 35.5 or whatever the standard was. Hugely long. Mad stax bro on 'dem - but due to the color they've been put away until fall. Will have to find a photo somewhere.

I'm told I have a longer torso, but my magic number seems to be 33.5. At 32, I worry you might be leaving yourself a bit short - and yes, I measure from the "fork."

What's making you guys choose the 702s instead of the ER007-2B grand indigos (not the context ones, those look bad to me. Fit and detail wise)? I prefer the GI from the colour, peach arcs/tabs but the 702s selvedge and tonal chainstitch is nicer
one thing I would like is if it were in the 400 tapered fit

I chose the 702 b/c of wonderful experiences w/ 1) Momotaro 701 and 2) Pure Blue Japan xx007/9. Love me some indigo weave and weft. You put those two together and you get the 702. PERFECT! Watch this space for Blue Owl's 3rd collaboration w/ Momotaro, probably to be released in August (not sure). Word on the street is some sort of deep indigo in a slimmer more tapered cut. Might just be your ticket.

I also selected the 702 over the GI for the thigh allowance.

it's called crotch :)
i'm 5'11 1/2", but i always state 5'11", so i don't need to put in more digits.
32" inseam is what i get when i don't want to double or do a monster cuff.
just make sure you get most of the shrinkage out before hemming
BiG will usually add shrinkage allowance when hemming RAWs if you tell them you want the 32 to be post soak/wash.

I'm partial to larger cuffs. I don't stack a ton either. I suspect I will more on the 400s because of the leg opening being so small in comparison to other selections I've had over the years.

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't like to cuff or stack, the look does not look right on me. :/

Maybe I'll push it to 32.5 lol

I thought you posted a picture of yourself wearing chucks? Im tired of wearing chucks with jeans actually, and a while back I was looking for a pair of boots but I never got around to buying them. I should start looking again.

Do you have a tan leather belt? I bought the NF belt and some of the indigo has rubbed off on it, is it possible to "clean" it?

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I don't like to cuff or stack, the look does not look right on me. :/
Maybe I'll push it to 32.5 lol
I thought you posted a picture of yourself wearing chucks? Im tired of wearing chucks with jeans actually, and a while back I was looking for a pair of boots but I never got around to buying them. I should start looking again.
Do you have a tan leather belt? I bought the NF belt and some of the indigo has rubbed off on it, is it possible to "clean" it?

Think it just becomes part of the character of the belt. It's the natural one, right?

I have a light tan (clara) one I picked up from a talabartero on the border of Brazil and Uruguay. No rub off on that one, but it's a darker tan than straight "natural"

IIIrd Icon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i don't really stick to 1 style__ as my more eclectic jeans collection would attest. even my current rotation reflects it [***w/ inseam measurements]

KAPITAL Cisco @32
MOMOTARO 702 @33.5
SAMUARAI 001jp @32.5
SDA 105 @32
SUGARCANE SExSC02 @34_ dbl/monster cuff

i wanted to be able to wear as i please. ie, slim, clean, smart casual look when i'm up & about .... or a rather more comfy cut like the Cisco or SC '47 or SD 101__ if i'm gonna be slumming it [like on travels] or just be spending much of the day on my butt, lounging. see, i got a purpose to my madness :)

i got jeans at 33-ish for monster/dbl cuffing & i got some @32-ish for 1" to no cuffs_ for a cleaner silhouette. i never stack, tho.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads