Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Momotaro

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jbreen1, Aug 7, 2009.

1. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Haha - my 702's are sitting in queue as well until I wrap up my PBJ phase...

2013 gunna ROCK :slayer:

2. Mistral

Mistral Senior member

2013... Haha. I was thinking on wearing the 0701''s for this year exclusive too. First wash/soak at January 1st :p

3. Jay-D

Jay-D Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Momotaro: "Going to Battle" T-shirts [​IMG] Just in time for summer, Momotaro has released a new production run of their "Going to Battle" series t-shirts. This season features 4 colors: Orange, White, Black, and Red. [​IMG] Momotaro "Going to Battle" t-shirts feature a slim fit, the heavy 5.2oz weight fabric made with 100% Zimbabwe cotton which is extremely soft and durable, and the signature Momotaro battle stripes. The "Going to Battle" stripes are a symbol of Japanese tradition representing honor and strength. The warrior stripes also represent the flag carried by "Momotaro" in the original folklore story. Momotaro "Going to Battle" 5.2oz 100% Zimbabwe Cotton T-Shirt in Orange - Model MT301 * "Going to Battle" stripes are a symbol of Japanese tradition representing honor and strength. The warrior stripes also represent the flag carried by "Momotaro" in the original folklore story. * 100% Zimbabwe cotton * Available in sizes S, M, L, XL * Made in Japan [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Link: http://www.blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB...il&SKU=7928000 Momotaro "Going to Battle" 5.2oz 100% Zimbabwe Cotton T-Shirt in White - Model MT301 * "Going to Battle" stripes are a symbol of Japanese tradition representing honor and strength. The warrior stripes also represent the flag carried by "Momotaro" in the original folklore story. * 100% Zimbabwe cotton * Available in sizes S, M, L, XL * Made in Japan [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Link: http://www.blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB...il&SKU=7928001 Momotaro "Going to Battle" 5.2oz 100% Zimbabwe Cotton T-Shirt in Black - Model MT301 * "Going to Battle" stripes are a symbol of Japanese tradition representing honor and strength. The warrior stripes also represent the flag carried by "Momotaro" in the original folklore story. * 100% Zimbabwe cotton * Available in sizes S, M, L, XL * Made in Japan [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Link: http://www.blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB...il&SKU=7928002 Momotaro "Going to Battle" 5.2oz 100% Zimbabwe Cotton T-Shirt in Red - Model MT301 * "Going to Battle" stripes are a symbol of Japanese tradition representing honor and strength. The warrior stripes also represent the flag carried by "Momotaro" in the original folklore story. * 100% Zimbabwe cotton * Available in sizes S, M, L, XL * Made in Japan [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Link: http://www.blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB...il&SKU=7928003 More on our recent blog post: http://blueowlworkshop.blogspot.com/2012/05/momotaro-going-to-battle-52oz-100.html

4. El Argentino

$80 for a tshirt? :crazy:

But I have never, ever wanted an orange article of clothing as much as I do right now.

5. tdhk

tdhk Member

I need some help with deciding on my first of MoMos.
    I like the WG NF cut and was wondering if I should get the:

a.NFxMoMo
    b. GTB 400SP (the new tapers)
    c. 701s

Ideally I would like 2 pairs. I was leaning towards getting the 400sp and the NF coolab2 but the denim and the stitching on the 701seems top shelf in comparisons. Would anyone who owns both of the 3 mentioned chime in with some advice. Currently, I have some NFxOni WG that I love to death, the fit (sz 38 /fits like a 37/ ) slub and harriness is my favorite part but I don't see anything on BlueOwl that is similar to it. I think some smooth out luxurious Momotaro is in order for some variety in my denim.

6. Mistral

Mistral Senior member

I have a a pair of 0701's (The Vintage Label ones from Momotaro themselves, not the JBxMomo's). These jeans are absolutely fantastic. Fabric is outstanding. Good texture, hairy denim. Wouldn't exactly call it slubby (unlike for instance Oni), but the texture on the denim is great. Beautifull super dark indigo, which fades great after prolonged wear. Construction is top notch also.

But the fit is nothing like WG from N&F. It's rather a somewhat roomier Skinny Guy, with a low rise. So if you're a sucker for the Weird Guy cut and don't have an open mind for an other cut, these might not be for you. I would suggest you try the 0201's instead. These are somewhat more along the lines of what you're looking for.

Either way, you can't really go wrong with any of the two suggestions I gave you.

The other two you listed (NFxMomo and the GTB 0400SP, which I assume are JBxMomo's), I don't have experience with them. Word goes that Japan Blue is among the best that money can buy in it's class (<200 USD). I, for one, would only buy Momotaro's... But that is just me.

7. Jay-D

Get the Japan Blues, you will be very satisfied with the fit and absolutely everything about the denim. N&FxMomo WG will be hard to find, so worth getting if you find your size. The fabric and details will be about the same as the Japan Blue denim. The 0701 is a totally different fit and difficutl to compare. Mistral gave good comments on the 0701.

8. TheloniusDrunk

TheloniusDrunk Senior member

Hey Jay, do you know if Momotaro will be making a pair in the new tapered fit themselves that isn't a collab? Or is this just a one-off thing?

9. Jay-D

The tapered fit is a Japan Blue fit for now. Momotaro might incorporate it as well in the future, but nothing for a while.

10. whereismyshoe

whereismyshoe Senior member

Echoing the love for the 0701 fit. Mine need to be hemmed before i'll wear them out but i'm really digging the fit so far. a "roomier skinny guy" is pretty accurate, and the denim is crazy good. on another note, how much inseam shrinkage can i expect post-wash?

Last edited: May 10, 2012

11. Jay-D

1.5"-2" is the average with a warm soak.

12. Mistral

Mistral Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. El Argentino

I think I've come to the conclusion that Momotaro denim evolves the best amongst the various SFapproved brands. Every pair just looks a notch above everything else.

14. IIIrd Icon

IIIrd Icon Senior member

IMO, it depends on individual preferences_ while some prefer contrast, others look for more vintage fades.

coincidentally, i came across my Fullcount 1108C while organizing my closet yesterday. had too much time on my hand, so i took them out & laid side x side with the 701s to compare. both were around 15.5oz, deep dark indigo & slow to fade. i was genuinely surprised how so much similar both pairs evolved.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 14, 2012

15. sikeee

sikeee Well-Known Member

^If I recall correctly both of their denim is sourced from Okayama.