Momotaro

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jbreen1, Aug 7, 2009.

1. Thew

Thew Member

I am looking for a quality vs price vs fit comparison for Momotaro x Japan blue tight straight fit against rogue territory indigo stanton selvage. I wear a 30 in the stantons, is the fit the same, or is it slimmer?

2. Ketawa

Ketawa Senior member

I gave my JB701s a quick wash last night in cold water. About a minute of agitation inside-out with detergent, another minute with clean water to rinse them out, and then a hang dry. Of note, they shrank 1" in inseam, despite being sanforized.

I was hoping for this and they're now the perfect length for me (mine are unhemmed), just an FYI in case any of you out there are having yours hemmed beforehand.

3. icelatte

icelatte Member

So after a couple hours hot soak:

Inseam shrank a bit more than 1"
    Waist shrank almost 2"
    Thigh was minimal shrink.

Looks like I got some stretching out to do.

I think I did fine by sizing up 1" from my 701s.

4. tropics

tropics Senior member

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 19, 2012

5. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

E-APPROVAL ^^

6. tropics

tropics Senior member

thks dude, out in your neck of the woods...

7. TheloniusDrunk

TheloniusDrunk Senior member

Is there a store near DC that carries the 201 and 701/710's to try on?

8. iAmSofaKing

iAmSofaKing Well-Known Member

Hey im about to buy my first pair of Momotaros. What cut would be the skinniest? So far 0705BIG is the skinniest cut i saw so far.

Just wondering if any of you guys can recommend some cuts? I wear a 34-36 with bigger thighs if that helps

thanks

9. El Argentino

Look at the new Momotaro x Blue Owl collabs. Very slim with a serious taper. Also the Japan Blue x Momo Skinny cut.

10. iAmSofaKing

iAmSofaKing Well-Known Member

^Thanks,

found out that G017 MB is the skinniest they had on Blue Owl, but might go with the 0705SP instead.

Would it be a bad idea to have these jeans altered for a smaller leg opening?

11. Jay-D

Jay-D Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Japan Blue: Introducing a new fit - - "Tapered" [​IMG] We are proud to introduce a new fit by Japan Blue simply called "tapered". The new Japan Blue's "tapered" denim fit is slim in the top block, has a medium rise, a little extra room in the thigh, and begins to taper from the upper thigh all the way to the leg opening. This fit is offered in 2 different models. The first model features the continued collaboration with Momotaro's Going to Battle series using the symbolic white painted stripes as well as the classic Momotaro hardware and pink inseam. The second model features all Japan Blue details including Japan Blue engraved hardware and the Japan Blue blue interior inseam. Japan Blue x Momotaro "Going to Battle" 14.8oz Tapered Raw Selvedge Denim - Model 0400SP * "Going to Battle" stripes are a symbol of Japanese tradition representing honor and strength. The warrior stripes also represent the flag carried by "Momotaro" in the original folklore story. * 14.8oz sanforized raw selvedge denim fabric * Rope dyed indigo * Hidden coin pocket selvedge * Momotaro custom engraved brushed nickel finish buttons * Button fly * Momotaro copper rivets with Momotaro peach logo on back side * Cowhide leather patch * Red & white selvedge * Pink interior thread - representing the peach from the "Momotaro" folklore story * 100% cotton * Available in sizes 28-34, 36 * Made in Japan [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Link: http://www.blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB...il&SKU=7929000 Japan Blue 14.8oz Tapered Vintage Raw Selvedge Denim - Model JB0401 * 14.8oz sanforized raw selvedge denim fabric * Rope dyed indigo * Hidden coin pocket selvedge * Japan Blue custom engraved antique gold finish buttons * Button fly * Antique gold rivets * Japan Blue logo stamp on interior pocket bag * Hidden coin pocket selvedge * Cowhide off-white leather patch * Red & white selvedge * Blue interior inseam thread * 100% cotton * Available in sizes 28-34, 36 * Made in Japan [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Link: http://www.blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB...il&SKU=7929001 More on our recent blog post: http://blueowlworkshop.blogspot.com/2012/04/introducing-japan-blue-tapered-fit.html

12. TheloniusDrunk

TheloniusDrunk Senior member

This fit is amazing. Any chance that Momotaro will come out with something similar for their products that are collabs with Japan Blue?

13. El Argentino

That looks like a fantastic product. Lining up the denim queue....

14. juhan

juhan Senior member

anyone here can post up some pics of 0702 progress?

15. Mistral

Mistral Senior member

I would love to, but I'm working on nu 0701's at the moment.