• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Momotaro

IIIrd Icon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^they're like a cross between my sam 5000ais & pbj 007s [ie. in terms of fabric concept]__ only much darker & w/o the slubs.
they fit slimmer @tts than my 701s. which were su1.
these will be my official [not-so, but close to] black jeans
i'll try to hold onto the dark sheen as long as i can__ not in a hurry to wear them in.

Last edited:

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just got mine, but can't justify starting another pair as of yet...

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Understandable.

I mean, knock a few back, and peruse SF looking to pick up second-hand denim. There could be worse drunk outlets :D

rennavate

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any 0201 fit pics? Considering kopping a pair, interested to know how they fit.

Mistral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Does anyone have any 0201 fit pics? Considering kopping a pair, interested to know how they fit.

I've posted pics a long time Agpo. They should be in this thread or in the "How you rock'em jeans" thread.

TheloniusDrunk

Reaction score
So the general consensus is that momo's don't stretch much post wash? In this case I should go TTS or size down 1?

commodorewheeler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So the general consensus is that momo's don't stretch much post wash? In this case I should go TTS or size down 1?

It is generally recommended to go TTS with most of Momotaro's cuts. I have even heard of people sizing up on some of their slimmer cuts, but I've always gone TTS on this brand.

TheloniusDrunk

Reaction score
Thanks for the help! I really want to go to NY to try them on in person. For now I'll scour B&S and eBay because I don't know if I can justify spending 300 on a pair of jeans right now.

IIIrd Icon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what's your size? 201s are TTS. on 701s, TTS is doable if you don't have thigh issues. nevertheless, i did SU1 on them.. never size down.

there's a couple of Momo pairs [@almost new condition] up for sale that i know of. Ganja's GI w32 & eyeq8402's 701 w34. there's always something up on sale, not cuz there's something wrong with the quality, but cuz kids keep sizing down or insisting/trying to make [certain cuts] work for them__ against advice of the experienced.

Last edited:

TheloniusDrunk

Reaction score
what's your size? 201s are TTS. on 701s, TTS is doable if you don't have thigh issues. nevertheless, i did SU1 on them.. never size down.
there's a couple of Momo pairs [@almost new condition] up for sale that i know of. Ganja's GI w32 & eyeq8402's 701 w34. there's always something up on sale, not cuz there's something wrong with the quality, but cuz kids keep sizing down or insisting/trying to make [certain cuts] work for them__ against advice of the experienced.

My waist measures 34 and my thigh's aren't the biggest, I think I had issues with my N&F weird guys in the thighs because I got a size 30...

Can you link to these two jeans you speak of? Can't see them in the B&S

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My waist measures 34 and my thigh's aren't the biggest, I think I had issues with my N&F weird guys in the thighs because I got a size 30...

Can you link to these two jeans you speak of? Can't see them in the B&S

Things like this are why the B/S can be awesome.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

TheloniusDrunk

Reaction score
Ah, saw these but unfortunately the inseam is a bit short considering I'm 194 cm (6'4") and I need around a 35, more if I want to cuff/stack. Also the thigh is 12.25 but after shrinking might be a bit too tight for me. But the BiG site lists the 701's as having a bigger thigh.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads