Momotaro

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jbreen1, Aug 7, 2009.

1. Mistral

Mistral Senior member

No, he's not. He's somewhere around W34. Mentioned some posts earlier.

But the cut/fit is also very slim. I think that's the case. Solid fit by the way.

2. pistolero

pistolero Senior member

Thanks...yeah I went with size 33...I'm about a 34" true waist.

3. magicalporks

magicalporks Senior member

Not sure if anyone here can help me out, but does anyone know the price of a pair of Momos in Japan? Making the trip this summer, so if there's a reasonable difference I'll hold off now and pick up a pair while I'm there.

4. Dave_SFU

Dave_SFU Senior member

I dont know about with the current exchange rate but a year ago a pair of 701 were i think $10 cheaper at the Momotaro store in Tokyo than they were at BiG

5. commodorewheeler

commodorewheeler Senior member

Most of the basic models start at 23,100 yen, which, at current exchange rates, comes out to $300.46. Unless exchange rates get better, you're probably better off buying at BiG or Blue Owl.

6. Jay-D

Jay-D Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Very nice fit! You will see about .5"-.75" of stretch in the waist after a couple weeks of wear.

7. Jay-D

Momotaro: Denim Restocks [​IMG] Today we received a very large denim restock shipment from Momotaro. The most notable denim in the restock is the new 0702 Deep Indigo denim that was just released last month. Our first shipment nearly sold completely out, but as of today we are fully loaded with 4-5 pieces per each size. This shipment also included restocks of the Grand Indigo and Vintage Label denims. Momotaro Deep Indigo 15oz "Tight Straight" Raw Selvedge Denim - Model 0702 * Momotaro's "tight straight" denim fit is slim in the top block, has a low rise, runs slim in the leg, and tapers slightly torwards the leg opening. * 15oz sanforized raw denim, expect minimal shrinkage * Super dark natural indigo warp, sulphur dyed weft * Deer skin patch * Pink selvedge, pink interior thread - both representing the peach from the "Momotaro" folklore story. * Zimbabwe cotton * Cotton canvas pocket bags * Antique copper rivets * 100% natural cotton thread * Available in sizes 28-34, 36 * Made in Japan [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]
    Link: http://www.blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB...il&SKU=7960000 Momotaro Grand Indigo 15oz "Tight Straight" Raw Selvedge Denim - Model ER007-2B * Momotaro's "tight straight" denim fit is slim in the top block, has a low rise, runs slim in the leg, and tapers slightly torwards the leg opening. * 15oz sanforized raw denim, expect minimal shrinkage * Deep blue indigo warp, sulphur dyed weft * Deer skin patch * Pink selvedge, pink interior thread - both representing the peach from the "Momotaro" folklore story. * Zimbabwe cotton * Cotton canvas pocket bags * Antique copper rivets * 100% natural cotton thread * Available in sizes 28-34, 36 * Made in Japan [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]
    Link: http://www.blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB...il&SKU=7962002 Momotaro Vintage Label 15.7oz "Slim Straight" Raw Selvedge Denim - Model 0201 * Momotaro's "slim straight" denim fit is slim in the top block, has a low rise, and visually appears as a straight leg but does have a minimal taper from mid-thigh to the leg opening. * 15.7oz shrink-to-fit raw selvedge * Expect the denim to shrink approximatley 1" in the waist and 2" in length during the first wash. Waist line will stretch back out with consistent wear. * Deep blue natural indigo denim using super-dense 6s yarn Zimbabwe cotton * Deer skin patch * Pink selvedge, pink interior thread - both representing the peach from the "Momotaro" folklore story. * 100% Zimbabwe cotton * 100% natural cotton thread * Available in sizes 28-34, 36, 38, 40, 42 * Sizes 38, 40, 42 available via special order with an additional cost of $30 USD * Made in Japan [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]
    Link: http://www.blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB...il&SKU=7976001 Momotaro Vintage Label 15.7oz "Tight Straight" Raw Selvedge Denim - Model 0701 * Momotaro's "tight straight" denim fit is slim in the top block, has a low rise, runs slim in the leg, and tapers slightly torwards the leg opening. * 15.7oz shrink-to-fit raw selvedge * Expect the denim to shrink approximatley 1" in the waist and 2" in length during the first wash. Waist line will stretch back out with consistent wear. * Deep blue natural indigo denim using super-dense 6s yarn Zimbabwe cotton * Deer skin patch * Pink selvedge, pink interior thread - both representing the peach from the "Momotaro" folklore story. * 100% Zimbabwe cotton * 100% natural cotton thread * Available in sizes 28-34, 36, 38, 40, 42 * Sizes 38, 40, 42 available via special order with an additional cost of $30 USD * Made in Japan [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]
    Link: http://www.blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB...il&SKU=7976002 More details cane be seen on our latest blog post: http://blueowlworkshop.blogspot.com/2012/02/momotaro-denim-restocks-0701-deep.html.

8. rolling green

rolling green Senior member

Jay-D or anyone, what are the differences between the Grand Indigo, Deep indigo,and the Context grand indigo? Are they all the same cut? Measurements look about the same and Zimbabwe and sulfur warp look the same. Any help appreciated

9. commodorewheeler

commodorewheeler Senior member

All 3 models have a similar fit that is close to Momotaro's 701 cut. The Context model and the Grand Indigo use the same denim, AFAIK, while the Deep Indigo uses a different indigo dye mix that causes it to be darker than the other two. All 3 models are partially sanforized, but the other two models seem to be more sanforized (about 85%) than the Context model, according to the shrinkage numbers on the Context website.

Aside from that, all of the differences are minor cosmetic details that you can view on the websites selling these jeans.

10. IIIrd Icon

IIIrd Icon Senior member

Update: Momo701_ 1.5y/o = approx 10mos effective wear

2nd seasoak [accidental] while in Guam
    [​IMG]

... w/c consequently lead to its 3rd wash. cold.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

^^ I know I've praised these jeans before, but those are effing glorious. Great work IIIrd. I love my PBJs, but Momos are really something else.

12. TimH

TimH Senior member

Thanks guys, I think my denim search is over. Time to bash the credit card hard!:)

13. hangten

hangten Senior member

how close of a cut is the 0201 to the Samurai 0500? BiG measurements show that they are pretty close.

14. Jay-D

Introducing the Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series: Coming Soon! [​IMG] We are proud to introduce a new project that has been in the works for some time. Later this spring we will begin to introduce a series of collaborations between Momotaro and Blue Owl. These collaborations will feature fits and details which are currently not offered by the Momotaro main denim line. The first 3 collaborations are already finalized and production schedules are set. These first 3 collaborations use unsanforized fabrics, a fit modeled after the Japan Blue "skinny straight" denim, and will be limited to only 40 pairs of denim per run. The first of these 3 collaborations will be the BOMO01 which is in production now and will be released in April 2012. More details coming soon!

15. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Very excited to see these. Congrats Jay!