Momotaro

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jbreen1, Aug 7, 2009.

1. Mistral

Mistral Senior member

I just finished the order of fresh pair of 0701's. Allready looking forward to them.

2. knodd

knodd New Member

Hi guys!

My first post in the forum... and I need some help.

I'm looking to purchase the Japan Blue x Momotaro in Skinny straight:
    at blue owl workshop

At a local store (in Singapore), they've only got the skinny straight in waist 32. I tried it on, and I managed to button the jeans up to the top, but with a little difficulty. It is slightly tight in the waist and thighs. If it stretches out a little in the waist and thighs, I think it would be perfect - but from what I've read so far on this thread, it seems like momotaros don't stretch alot.

Do you think I should go for the 32, or go up one size and get the 33 (although I will not be able to try it on here, I will have to purchase it blind online). Alternatively, I was thinking of getting the tight straight in 32, which should have a little more room than the skinny straight.

I'm hoping a few guys with more experience in the Japan Blue x Momotaro line can chime in! I don't have access to a wide selection of jeans here, so I'll be ordering from online. Returns can be costly because I'm in Singapore - I hope I to get it right the first time.

Thank you for your help :)

3. lummers13

lummers13 Well-Known Member

My brother and I each actually picked up a pair of the 0100SP Skinny for a more straight fit/less taper from Jay at Blue Owl a couple weeks ago. My waist has actually stretched out 1.5" total (from a 32" waist to 33.5") after about a week or two's wear. Mine was a little snug to begin with, I'd say it scared me a tiny bit how snug since I was afraid of them not stretching so much (compared to my APCs). Now they're basically perfect and I wear a belt. I forget if Jay measures 1" below the crotch and parallel to the waistband to get the thigh, but mine stretched from 10.75" to 11.5". For the knee measurement, mine haven't stretched at all, but again, I measured 13" from the crotch and across to get that. I haven't soaked or washed these.

I've got more stretch considering I've only worn them for about 15-16 days total, I'm still trying to stuff my pockets lol. It's a great denim for the price, and I think the actual Momo's are Zimbabwe cotton, whereas the Momo x Japan Blue line is some Japanese denim.

I actually lived in S'pore for a few years when I was a kid, been meaning to visit sometime - holla!

4. uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx

uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx Senior member

umm... depends what kinda fit you're looking for. i have two 201's in 31 and 32, and they're like completely different jeans, haha. i fit in the 31, and it's super tight. i wear it out when i go clubbing, and I'm afraid to throw it in hot water. The 32's have stretched out and I beat on them everyday. depends on what you want them for i guess.

5. Mistral

Mistral Senior member

Yeah, my 0701's arrived today! Will try to make some pics of it and upload it later.

6. Mistral

Mistral Senior member

0701:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

No soak and not planning to do it either :)

Last edited: Sep 9, 2011

7. pistolero

pistolero Senior member

^^ great fit! I love the 0701 cut.

8. Jay-D

Jay-D Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Momotaro: "Going to Battle" denim jacket restocked Momotaro "Going to Battle"15.7oz Raw Denim Jacket - Model 2105SP
    - "Going to Battle" stripes are a symbol of Japanese tradition representing honor and strength. The warrior stripes also represent the flag carried by "Momotaro" in the original folklore story.
    - 15.7oz selvedge one wash raw (cold soaked in sea water)
    - Deep blue natural indigo denim using super-dense 6s yarn Zimbabwe cotton
    - Deer skin patch
    - Pink selvedge
    - 100% Zimbabwe cotton
    - Sizes 36, 38, 40, 42, 44
    - Made in Japan
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Link: http://www.blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB...il&SKU=7996000 More details cane be seen on our latest blog post: http://blueowlworkshop.blogspot.com/2011/09/momotaro-going-to-battle-157oz-denim.html

9. Jay-D

Japan Blue x Momotaro Denim: Restocked! Our latest shipment from Rampuya included restocks of all 4 Japan Blue denim models. We now have all sizes 29-36 available in all 4 styles. Japan Blue x Momotaro 14.8oz Tight Straight Vintage Raw Selvedge Denim - Model JB0701 - $200
    - Japan Blue's "tight straight" denim fit is slim in the top block, has a medium rise, runs slim in the leg, and tapers slightly torwards the leg opening. This is the same "tight straight" fit used in the Momotaro line.
    - 14.8oz sanforized raw selvedge denim fabric
    - Rope dyed indigo
    - Japan Blue custom engraved antique gold finish buttons
    - Button fly
    - Antique gold rivets
    - Japan Blue logo stamp on interior pocket bag
    - Hidden coin pocket selvedge
    - White leather patch
    - Red & white selvedge
    - Blue interior inseam thread
    - 100% cotton
    - Available in sizes 29-34, 36
    - Made in Japan
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Link: http://www.blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB...il&SKU=7992002

Japan Blue x Momotaro 14.8oz Skinny Straight Vintage Raw Selvedge Denim - Model JB0101 - $200
    - Japan Blue's "skinny straight" denim fit is slim in the top block, has a low rise, runs slim in the leg, and tapers from the thigh to the leg opening. This is the slimmest fit offered by either Japan Blue or Momotaro.
    - Rope dyed indigo
    - Japan Blue custom engraved antique gold finish buttons
    - Button fly
    - Antique gold rivets
    - Japan Blue logo stamp on interior pocket bag
    - White leather patch
    - Red & white selvedge
    - Blue interior inseam thread
    - 100% cotton
    - Made in Japan
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Link: http://www.blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB...il&SKU=7992003

Japan Blue x Momotaro "Going to Battle" 14.8oz Tight Straight Vintage Raw Selvedge Denim - Model 0700SP - $200
    - Japan Blue's "tight straight" denim fit is slim in the top block, has a medium rise, runs slim in the leg, and tapers slightly torwards the leg opening. This is the same "tight straight" fit used in the Momotaro line.
    - Rope dyed indigo
    - Momotaro custom engraved brushed nickle finish buttons
    - Button fly
    - Momotaro copper rivets
    - Cowhide leather patch
    - Red & white selvedge
    - Pink interior inseam thread
    - 100% cotton
    - Made in Japan
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Link: http://www.blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB...il&SKU=7992000

Japan Blue x Momotaro "Going to Battle" 14.8oz Skinny Straight Vintage Raw Selvedge Denim - Model 0100SP - $200
    - Japan Blue's "skinny straight" denim fit is slim in the top block, has a low rise, runs slim in the leg, and tapers from the thigh to the leg opening. This is currently the slimmest fit offered by either Japan Blue or Momotaro.
    - Rope dyed indigo
    - Momotaro custom engraved brushed nickle finish buttons
    - Button fly
    - Momotaro copper rivets
    - Cowhide leather patch
    - Red & white selvedge
    - Pink interior inseam thread
    - 100% cotton
    - Made in Japan
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Link: http://www.blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB...il&SKU=7992001

10. Jay-D

Momotaro: "Going to Battle" 5.2oz 100% Zimbabwe Cotton T-Shirts [​IMG] Momotaro "Going to Battle" 5.2oz 100% Zimbabwe Cotton T-shirt in Black - Model MT301
    - "Going to Battle" stripes are a symbol of Japanese tradition representing honor and strength. The warrior stripes also represent the flag carried by "Momotaro" in the original folklore story.
    - 100% Zimbabwe cotton
    - Sizes S, M, L, XL
    - Made in Japan
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Link: http://www.blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB...il&SKU=7990000 Momotaro "Going to Battle" 5.2oz 100% Zimbabwe Cotton T-shirt in Red - Model MT301
    - 100% Zimbabwe cotton
    - Sizes S, M, L, XL
    - Made in Japan
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Link: http://www.blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB...il&SKU=7990001 More details cane be seen on our latest blog post: http://blueowlworkshop.blogspot.com/2011/09/momotaro-going-to-battle-52oz-100.html

11. gshyoung

gshyoung New Member

I've already fallen in love with Momotaro even without owning a pair.

Does anyone know if Context still have the Momotaro + Context Grand Indigo Selvage 0701MCXX in size 30 in stock? I absolutely adore the denim used for this Jean.

Sent through an email already, but waiting for a reply.

12. lxlfeng

lxlfeng Senior member

yep they still have it in stock, you could just buy it online!

13. gshyoung

gshyoung New Member

Just ordered my pair of the grand indigo context collab in size 30. Can't wait to try these babies on!

Hope there won't be any issues with sizing, as going off what others have said, the fit should be TTS (I wear 30 Nudie Thinn Finn and the fit is perfect).

If someone who wears sz 30 Nudies can confirm they can fit into a 30 Momotaro then that would be much appreciated :) I also workout a fair bit so have gym thighs and a fairly muscular butt hahaha

Thanks!

14. dunks94

dunks94 Well-Known Member

how much stretching should I expect in the thigh of a considerably skinny jean?

(the momo x nf skinny guys sized -1)

15. Mistral

Mistral Senior member

Stretching in thigh area is close to non existent.