Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Momotaro

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jbreen1, Aug 7, 2009.

1. whatever123

whatever123 Senior member

This is probably a dumb question by just want to be sure, what do You consider true to size? Measurin your waist or measuring your favourite pair of jeans using The BiG method?
    why do you people measure using the "big" method and then go buy jeans at another place? you do realize each shop measures differently? the big method is not the only way to measure jeans nor will it give you your true waist size. if you want to learn to measure your true waist size i would do a quick google search.

2. lxlfeng

lxlfeng Senior member

Well big meted is pretty widely used nowadays, context and blue owl adopt the
    Same way of measuring. So according to big, I am a size 33, lol looks like
    I got fat, most of my jeans are sz 32.

3. uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx

uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx Senior member

This is probably a dumb question by just want to be sure, what do
    You consider true to size? Measurin your waist or measuring your
    favourite pair of jeans using The BiG method?

I use my actual waist measure. i.e. if my waist is 31, jeans in 31's are usually juuuust right. in japanese denim anyway.

4. Mistral

Mistral Senior member

You have Copper Labels? [​IMG]

Got any pics?

Should be in the thread somewhere. Maybe whatever123 want to dig them up for you... :p

5. Mistral

Mistral Senior member

6. linkinwayne

linkinwayne Senior member

I just searched them up [​IMG] [​IMG]

Was going to ask for some wear pics, but it's only been a few months eh

7. uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx

uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx Senior member

8. whatever123

whatever123 Senior member

9. Mistral

Mistral Senior member

where did you cop? I might have to pick up a pair after i'm done wearing these two 201's. [​IMG]

Nordic Denim House (http://www.nordicdenimhouse.com). Mail them, Taavi can sort things out for you. Good service from them.

this fit is so perfect.

Thanks [​IMG]

10. IIIrd Icon

IIIrd Icon Senior member

This is probably a dumb question by just want to be sure,
    what do You consider true to size?
    Measurin your waist or measuring your favourite pair of jeans using The BiG method

imo, one particular reason why some peeps are confused about sizing is, because they neglect to consider an important dimension to the equation, the rise. you can't compare waist measurement of pairs that don't have equal/same rises. direct waist to waist comparison only works if both jeans have the same rise [ie, front + back] & are of the same condition [which should be post soak/post wash].

so, to answer your 2nd question first, you need to measure ["your favorite pair..."] @about the point commensurate to a 701 rise. once you got the corresponding waist measurement, look for the post soak/wash waist measurement of a 701 that'll match [that]... & whatever the tagged size on that = your size.

as for TTS, it is just an approximation__ a base comparison to guage how you would like the cut/model to fit you. but, you will only be able to determine, if you already know your waist size on different cuts [ie, in relation to thigh + rise measurement], as well as denim behavior [shrink vs stretch].

hope that helps.

11. lxlfeng

lxlfeng Senior member

imo, one particular reason why some peeps are confused about sizing is, because they neglect to consider an important dimension to the equation, the rise. you can't compare waist measurement of pairs that don't have equal/same rises. direct waist to waist comparison only works if both jeans have the same rise [ie, front + back] & are of the same condition [which should be post soak/post wash].

so, to answer your 2nd question first, you need to measure ["your favorite pair..."] @about the point commensurate to a 701 rise. once you got the corresponding waist measurement, look for the post soak/wash waist measurement of a 701 that'll match [that]... & whatever the tagged size on that = your size.

as for TTS, it is just an approximation__ a base comparison to guage how you would like the cut/model to fit you. but, you will only be able to determine, if you already know your waist size on different cuts [ie, in relation to thigh + rise measurement], as well as denim behavior [shrink vs stretch].

hope that helps.

WOW, I just got enlightened haha[​IMG]
    This is probabaly the most concise and accurate guide i've seen.
    Thanks IIIrd Icon!

12. Guyute

Guyute Senior member

does anyone know if the BiG collab is something that will continue for more runs or is this more likely a one and done piece?

13. justuhgeek

justuhgeek Senior member

Ask the man himself-Gordon. Also, for anyone interested, I have a pair of Momotaros in B&S for a good price.

14. IIIrd Icon

IIIrd Icon Senior member

Update: Momo 701 @7mos[+PbJ 007]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

So bloody nice. A fine showing, sir.