Momotaro

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jbreen1, Aug 7, 2009.

1. lxlfeng

lxlfeng Senior member

The MCXX is true to size. Initial cold soak, six months of occasional wear about twice a week and one cold wash, the waist has stretched by about 0.5 inches. As already mentioned by others, they are very slim.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

thanks for pics gazman, i just bought the last pair of 33 avaliable,.
    its a size up from i normally get, but i measured my favourite pair of jeans using the BiG and they came up to 16.5.

After a intial hot soak, they should fit alright i hope.

2. whatever123

whatever123 Senior member

mmm, looks like the comment on design really struck a chord :) First of all, I was in no way disappointed. I have plenty of jeans and sometimes a non-skinny one will come in handy :) As most people here, I buy clothes almost with a collector's spirit, not because I need more of them. Having said this, I still think their models have a relaxed conception of what slim/skinny stands for and I have yet to see something that will convince me otherwise. This is not to say they don't have slim cuts...only they are not as slim as what other brands would deem appropriate. As for the design itself, yes I know about the copper thread that will turn pink with time, the mantra-like inner label and all those details that will appeal to the fetishist but talking about overall design, i.e., how the product will enhance/flatter your shape, this is nothing special. But at the end of the day it all plays in line with their ethos, this is not 'fashion' in the traditional sense.
    untrue.

3. Nopike343

Nopike343 Senior member

its a size up from i normally get, but i measured my favourite pair of jeans using the BiG and they came up to 16.5.

Unless you are skinny sizing up is probably a good choice.

4. lxlfeng

lxlfeng Senior member

could someone tell me their experience with soaking the context x momotaro grand indigo jeans?
    especially how much does it shrink in the waist and length, and how much of it is permanent shrinkage.

Any help would be appreciated, THANKS!

5. linkinwayne

linkinwayne Senior member

untrue.

I thought he was right on the whole sizing thing, it's not like Momotaro makes aggressively modern skinny cuts. But that's not why anyone buys Momotaro anyway.

6. whatever123

I thought he was right on the whole sizing thing, it's not like Momotaro makes aggressively modern skinny cuts. But that's not why anyone buys Momotaro anyway.
    i would agree with that. just because they dont make a 8" rise cut (uncontrol jean) doesnt necessarily mean they are not fashionable. in fact, look at the trends of late ... many designers are moving to a more casual pant fit. i got nothin but love for you uncontrol. that was not a negative comment [​IMG]

7. linkinwayne

i would agree with that. just because they dont make a 8" rise cut (uncontrol jean) doesnt necessarily mean they are not fashionable. in fact, look at the trends of late ... many designers are moving to a more casual pant fit. i got nothin but love for you uncontrol. that was not a negative comment [​IMG]
    Not sure if I got my point across, but I was trying to say that if you want/must have skinny jeans, then you probably shouldn't be looking at Momotaro [​IMG] I appreciate both the relaxed and skinny aesthetic though, I have plenty of jeans in both. EDIT: The 'you' in here is a general one

8. madmadigan

madmadigan Senior member

Lxlfeng, I think you will be fine with sizing up one. I don't own the particular pair, but I have tried them on at context, and they fit slim. I would of sized up one if I bought them, or if I ever do. I can't comment on shrinkage, but you will get shrinkage. So yeah I think you will be happy with the 33's.

9. gazman70k

gazman70k Senior member

Beijing | Hong Kong | Manila | Shanghai | Singapor
    could someone tell me their experience with soaking the context x momotaro grand indigo jeans?
    especially how much does it shrink in the waist and length, and how much of it is permanent shrinkage.

Any help would be appreciated, THANKS!

Its true to size. The first soak / wash will shrink the waist about an inch and it will stretch out with wear plus a little bit, half and inch. Sizing up is the right approach.

10. madmadigan

madmadigan Senior member

Its true to size. The first soak / wash will shrink the waist about an inch and it will stretch out with wear plus a little bit, half and inch. Sizing up is the right approach.
    Gazman70k; How much shrinking did you get in the inseam on your of Grand Indigo's?

11. satchelbmoore

satchelbmoore Well-Known Member

i agree on sizing up. i got my grand indigos in november and have worn them pretty much every day. they look great but haven't stretched that much. Even with sizing up, i'm not sure i could do anything but a cold soak and not be a little uncomfortable with how tight the thighs would be. As far as the skinniness goes, these are an amazing cut of slim straight jeans. in my opinion skinny jeans are on the way out. I am appreciating this pair more and more. they are fading amazingly.

more pictures to come. look back in the thread to see some fit pics from shortly after i got them.

12. uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx

uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx Senior member

IMO the only people that need to size up are the people that are overweight/skinnyfat. Mine look perfect TTS.

13. whatever123

IMO the only people that need to size up are the people that are overweight/skinnyfat. Mine look perfect TTS.

i wouldnt size up on momos, but you should go tts.

14. lxlfeng

lxlfeng Senior member

This is probably a dumb question by just want to be sure, what do
    You consider true to size? Measurin your waist or measuring your
    favourite pair of jeans using The BiG method?

15. linkinwayne

This is probably a dumb question by just want to be sure, what do
    You consider true to size? Measurin your waist or measuring your
    favourite pair of jeans using The BiG method?

Measuring where your jeans usually lie, which is the waist for most people