• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Momotaro

Mistral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Islander
Momotaro 0201 just over six months of regular wear.

Tm9G7.jpg
XR1Eg.jpg
2T5zB.jpg

Based on my experience the 0201 behaves as 100% raw/unsanforized and should be sized as such IF you ever plan to wash them with agitation. I was factoring in some degree of shrink-resistance because of the "partially sanforized" description, but they shrank like any other raw jeans and are now a little snug in the top block, rise and thighs after a warm wash/hang dry. I will have to get a fit pic up eventually so you guys can critique the results.

Next time I will size up and wash/dry right off the hop, or buy OW. They do not stretch much, in case you haven't heard
teacha.gif

FTFY

These don't show a lot of wear... They look good though. Makes me wonder what mine will look like in a month or 2.

Islander

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mistral
These don't show a lot of wear...
Ha ha yeah, they get a lot of wear (4-5 days/week) but lead a very boring life
smile.gif
Long term project, these.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IIIrd Icon -

The battle stripes on my 0705s are a little dim (bought them off B&S) and I'd like to give them a bit of a paint job to brighten them up. What did you use on your blackout pair of 0701s - what kind of paint? It seems to have held up well to wear.

tropics

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
anyone know if 0805sp is available in US anywhere?

IIIrd Icon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by El Argentino
IIIrd Icon -

The battle stripes on my 0705s are a little dim (bought them off B&S) and I'd like to give them a bit of a paint job to brighten them up. What did you use on your blackout pair of 0701s - what kind of paint? It seems to have held up well to wear.

black acrylic paint i bought from the art store. i did 2 coats. then, iron pressed [@medium setting] when dry__ cover the newly painted area with a piece of fabric, so paint wont stick to the flat iron.

Mistral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some close-up shots I made today.

2im3z7q.jpg

25t92kw.jpg

20uyixe.jpg

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by IIIrd Icon
black acrylic paint i bought from the art store. i did 2 coats. then, iron pressed [@medium setting] when dry__ cover the newly painted area with a piece of fabric, so paint wont stick to the flat iron.

sweet - thanks

IIIrd Icon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^but, you know what, IMO the original GTB white stripes would get better evo than the acrylic. they were meant to wear in with the denim itself__ that's the appeal.

acrylic degrades really slow. bright, shiny white [seemingly spankin' new] stripes on faded/worn in denim kinda look odd to me. tho' i <3 the "GTB Stripes" concept, i dint care for the attention, hence, the black "stealth" option.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's not a ton of wear to begin with. No fades at all, just getting soft. Thanks for the info though. I'll debate a bit and put up pics for opinions before doing anything as drastic as taking paint to $300 denim...

Islander

Reaction score
Originally Posted by El Argentino
IIIrd Icon - The battle stripes on my 0705s are a little dim (bought them off B&S) and I'd like to give them a bit of a paint job to brighten them up. What did you use on your blackout pair of 0701s - what kind of paint? It seems to have held up well to wear.
I don't own any Momos w/ the battle stripes, but I like the pics I've seen with the white paint starting to chip off and fade away. A year from now when they're down to the whites with just a hint of stripe still visible they'll look awesome. Edit: post pics!

alexanduh

Reaction score

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tropics
took a trip in to BIG yesterday

29fusya.jpg

This is a gorgeous sight. Can't wait for my PBJ's to arrive in the mail from them later today.

Mistral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just threw my Momo's in the washing machine. Not expecting anything mayor, but they began to smell. Don't like that.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads