Momotaro

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jbreen1, Aug 7, 2009.

1. Mistral

Mistral Senior member

Momotaro 0201 just over six months of regular wear.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Based on my experience the 0201 behaves as 100% raw/unsanforized and should be sized as such IF you ever plan to wash them with agitation. I was factoring in some degree of shrink-resistance because of the "partially sanforized" description, but they shrank like any other raw jeans and are now a little snug in the top block, rise and thighs after a warm wash/hang dry. I will have to get a fit pic up eventually so you guys can critique the results.

Next time I will size up and wash/dry right off the hop, or buy OW. They do not stretch much, in case you haven't heard [​IMG]

FTFY

These don't show a lot of wear... They look good though. Makes me wonder what mine will look like in a month or 2.

2. Islander

Islander Senior member

These don't show a lot of wear...
    Ha ha yeah, they get a lot of wear (4-5 days/week) but lead a very boring life [​IMG] Long term project, these.

3. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

IIIrd Icon -

The battle stripes on my 0705s are a little dim (bought them off B&S) and I'd like to give them a bit of a paint job to brighten them up. What did you use on your blackout pair of 0701s - what kind of paint? It seems to have held up well to wear.

4. tropics

tropics Senior member

anyone know if 0805sp is available in US anywhere?

5. IIIrd Icon

IIIrd Icon Senior member

IIIrd Icon -

The battle stripes on my 0705s are a little dim (bought them off B&S) and I'd like to give them a bit of a paint job to brighten them up. What did you use on your blackout pair of 0701s - what kind of paint? It seems to have held up well to wear.

black acrylic paint i bought from the art store. i did 2 coats. then, iron pressed [@medium setting] when dry__ cover the newly painted area with a piece of fabric, so paint wont stick to the flat iron.

6. Mistral

Mistral Senior member

Some close-up shots I made today.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. El Argentino

black acrylic paint i bought from the art store. i did 2 coats. then, iron pressed [@medium setting] when dry__ cover the newly painted area with a piece of fabric, so paint wont stick to the flat iron.

sweet - thanks

8. IIIrd Icon

IIIrd Icon Senior member

^but, you know what, IMO the original GTB white stripes would get better evo than the acrylic. they were meant to wear in with the denim itself__ that's the appeal.

acrylic degrades really slow. bright, shiny white [seemingly spankin' new] stripes on faded/worn in denim kinda look odd to me. tho' i <3 the "GTB Stripes" concept, i dint care for the attention, hence, the black "stealth" option.

9. El Argentino

There's not a ton of wear to begin with. No fades at all, just getting soft. Thanks for the info though. I'll debate a bit and put up pics for opinions before doing anything as drastic as taking paint to $300 denim...

10. Islander

Islander Senior member

IIIrd Icon - The battle stripes on my 0705s are a little dim (bought them off B&S) and I'd like to give them a bit of a paint job to brighten them up. What did you use on your blackout pair of 0701s - what kind of paint? It seems to have held up well to wear.
    I don't own any Momos w/ the battle stripes, but I like the pics I've seen with the white paint starting to chip off and fade away. A year from now when they're down to the whites with just a hint of stripe still visible they'll look awesome. Edit: post pics!

11. tropics

tropics Senior member

took a trip in to BIG yesterday [​IMG]

12. alexanduh

alexanduh Senior member

took a trip in to BIG yesterday

[​IMG]

awesome

13. El Argentino

took a trip in to BIG yesterday

[​IMG]

This is a gorgeous sight. Can't wait for my PBJ's to arrive in the mail from them later today.

14. Mistral

Mistral Senior member

Just threw my Momo's in the washing machine. Not expecting anything mayor, but they began to smell. Don't like that.

15. uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx

uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx Senior member

how long did it take to start smelling?