• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Momotaro

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by commodorewheeler
OK, Gordon got back me on the difference between the 705 denim and other Momo denim, as well as further details on how partial sanforization is performed:

The denim is the same for the 0701, 0201, 0705SP, and 0705BIG styles. The 0701 and 0201 are left untreated and 100% Raw (before we thought them to be partially sanforized but this is not the case). The 0705 denim is 100% sanforized (it's the same 0701/0201 denim that's just been put through the sanforized heat shrink process).

I only recently learned that the 0705SP denim was sanforized. They only offer them one washed and they do the wash on them to make the denim softer and more textured, not for shrinkage. The 0705BIG denim is the same but since we offer them raw in addition to washed, we advertise the denim as sanforized.

If a denim is partially sanforized it would just mean that they add less heat or less sanforizing time so as to only shrink the denim part of the full amount. They basically run the denim through large rollers that apply heat and shrink the denim. The amount of heat, speed of the rollers, etc can be adjusted to the varied level of sanforization.

Regards,

Gordon

that makes sense. thanks.

uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx

Reaction score
I thought it was weird that my 201's would shrink that much even just after a cold soak. Thank god I've been losing weight and became a TTS 31.

IIIrd Icon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
finally... tnx, commodore. yea, i knew the 15.7ozer models were from the same denim. as for the varying degrees of sanforization, the only peeps who would encounter sizing issues are kids who are close-sizing for the slimmest fit. so much had been written about sizing on these, so it shouldn't be an issue anymore.

neverthelless, [in general] i usually figure out 1st what size is my normal fit [in O/W or post wash] & then size down accordingly in RAW, if i want a slimmer fit. that way, degree of sanforization would be a non-issue on sizing..

***waist measurement can be manipulated to some degree__ the hips & thigh measurements are/should be the main concern. when in doubt, get the O/W version, already
wink.gif

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
posted my 34s up in B&S if anyone wants to grab em - good price.

Islander

Reaction score
The 0701 and 0201 are left untreated and 100% Raw (before we thought them to be partially sanforized but this is not the case).
Thanks for posting this confirmation, it explains a lot. From day one my 0201s behaved as unsanforized denim should.
Originally Posted by uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx
I thought it was weird that my 201's would shrink that much even just after a cold soak. Thank god I've been losing weight and became a TTS 31.
Agreed and nice fit on the 32s btw.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pronxs
damn teger, mildly interested in your 34. but the battle stripe is rather obnoxious.

battle stripe is awesome, and isn't really noticeable when worn. plain pocket japanese denim is a dime a dozen yo.

btw for measurements/info/new cheaper price, peep sig

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pronxs
damn teger, mildly interested in your 34. but the battle stripe is rather obnoxious.
his pair is worn too.

Guyute

Reaction score
Just to chime in personal experience, I was definitely told at BiG that the collab 0705 model was sanforized.

Nopike343

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Guyute
Just to chime in personal experience, I was definitely told at BiG that the collab 0705 model was sanforized.
My raw 705BIG's did not shrink much, if at all. I would agreed that those were at least partially sanforized.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Guyute

they are. but they will shrink about a 1/2 in the waist and 1/4" everywhere else depending on how you wash them.

Jay-D

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Introducing denim labels Japan Blue and Momotaro: Coming June 2011
jblue1.jpg

We were happy to introduce Momotaro this spring starting with the Naked & Famous x Momotaro collaboration skinny guy denim. Now we are proud to introduce the 2 main labels of Collect Co, LTD - - Momotaro and Japan Blue. Many of you know Momotaro, but Japan Blue is a newer concept. This summer will be the first time Japan Blue will be introduced to the USA and with its debut Japan Blue worked with Momotaro to make several collaboration denims. The result brings together the craftsmanship and detailed work of Momotaro and the fits, design, and fabrics of Japan Blue.

Japan Blue:
jblue4.jpg

jblue3.jpg

jblue2.jpg

jblue8.bmp

We will stock 4 styles from Japan Blue in 2 fits. The fits offered will be the Momotaro tight straight fit and a slimmer fit called "skinny straight" which tapers from the thigh to the leg opening (my favorite fit by far!)

Momotaro:
jblue10.jpg

jblue9.jpg

jblue6.jpg

jblue7.bmp

jblue5.jpg

As for Momotaro, our first shipment will include pieces from the "Vintage" series and the "Going to Battle" series.

More details about the history and story of both labels will be on our blogsite over the next few days. Here is a link introducing some details about Momotaro: http://blueowlworkshop.blogspot.com/...ming-june.html. Our first shipments from both labels are expected in June 2011.

tobiasvl

Reaction score
OK, Gordon got back me on the difference between the 705 denim and other Momo denim, as well as further details on how partial sanforization is performed: The denim is the same for the 0701, 0201, 0705SP, and 0705BIG styles. The 0701 and 0201 are left untreated and 100% Raw (before we thought them to be partially sanforized but this is not the case). The 0705 denim is 100% sanforized (it’s the same 0701/0201 denim that’s just been put through the sanforized heat shrink process). I only recently learned that the 0705SP denim was sanforized. They only offer them one washed and they do the wash on them to make the denim softer and more textured, not for shrinkage. The 0705BIG denim is the same but since we offer them raw in addition to washed, we advertise the denim as sanforized. If a denim is partially sanforized it would just mean that they add less heat or less sanforizing time so as to only shrink the denim part of the full amount. They basically run the denim through large rollers that apply heat and shrink the denim. The amount of heat, speed of the rollers, etc can be adjusted to the varied level of sanforization. Regards, Gordon
What's the difference between 0701 and 0701MCXX (the Context collab) though? The latter specifically says it is a "0701 fit", but the German store DC4 lists the waist sizes differently on its 0701 than Context's size sheet does on its collabs, for example. I really really want the Context collabs, but have still not decided on a size. It's really unnerving to order online... I'm actually going to Berlin in one and a half weeks and am considering trying on DC4's regular 0701 to see how it fits
smile.gif
And only 180 pairs, too. Man, this is almost keeping me up at night!
Originally Posted by Mistral
Well, TTS is doable for me on the most skinny cut, but I am really slim. I have a pair of G007 (one wash) is size 28 tagged. I think you should size up by one if you're average build. The topblock on the slimmer models (0701, 0705, G007) is really not much forgiving if you make a sizing mistake. The size up is to accomadate the lower rise that is on the 0701. So, my advice is to go for the size 34 and hot soak.
I guess I'm going to heed your advice as well, and go for the size 30 (my TTS is 29 i guess) and hot soak. Too bad I won't get them in time to bring them with me to Berlin and get them hemmed there, 39" inseam is brutal.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads