1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Momotaro

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jbreen1, Aug 7, 2009.

1. IIIrd Icon

IIIrd Icon Senior member

Momotaro 701 :: 15.7 oz :: 100% Zimbabwe cotton :: SU1 @W34 :: fit :: double hot soaked :: current measurements : w= 33.75, ins [hemmed]= 33, f/rise= 10, b/rise= 14, u/t= 12.25, kne= 9, l/o= 8.5 :: fit & measurement__ exactly like PBJ 007 'cept on the leg opening.

[​IMG]
    newly painted acrylic " Inversed" GTB stripe [low-profile]. i find the white stripe a bit too much of an attention grabber, so i made them sorta low-profile & stealthy [ei.,while denim is still raw+dark]. hence, the "Special Ops" concept/version.

[​IMG]
    the denim is still stiff & starchy even after the double hot soak__ will take a few days for it to adopt to my contours.

Update: 7 mos old= 4 mos effective wear :: 7 soaks X n0 wash
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG][/quote]

2. pistolero

pistolero Senior member

Finally took some pics of my Momotaro x Context 0701MCXX. Owned for 9 months but more like ~ 5 months equivalent wear. One hot soak before first wear, no washes yet although it's probably about time. Fades are coming in nicely! [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Mistral

Mistral Senior member

@ IIIrd:

Nice progress on your Momo's dude.

4. whatever123

whatever123 Senior member

pistolero: how did you size on those?

those fit you perfectly.

5. alexanduh

alexanduh Senior member

IIIrd you repainted the battle stripes?

6. IIIrd Icon

IIIrd Icon Senior member

tnx, guys.

@pistolero__ yea, agree with w/e123, fit is spot on [right now]. i see more linear whiskering. hope you dint size down too much. not that it's really bad, just more work stretching them back out evertime you wash.

IIIrd you repainted the battle stripes?
    "Stealth Stripes"? more like recreated__ they're 701s with blank pockets, originally.

7. Mistral

Mistral Senior member

I also got lineair whiskering going on on my G00'7's. But I've only worn them for about 3 days now and they are one wash. They will stretch a bit, resulting in a perfect fit. For now, the topblock is really on the tight side, just not being uncomfortable. And it's a bitch to button up at the moment.

I'm not really sure though if I should cuff or let them stack.

8. pistolero

pistolero Senior member

pistolero: how did you size on those?

those fit you perfectly.

@pistolero__ yea, agree with w/e123, fit is spot on [right now]. i see more linear whiskering. hope you dint size down too much. not that it's really bad, just more work stretching them back out evertime you wash.

Thanks, they are tagged size 34. I'm about to wash them for the first time, hopefully they won't shrink too much. I love how they fit right now.

IIIrd, are your Momos 0701 or 0705? They look great!

9. whatever123

Thanks, they are tagged size 34. I'm about to wash them for the first time, hopefully they won't shrink too much. I love how they fit right now.

so you went tts? can you take pre/post wash pics of those? i might add those to my list for 2012.

10. Mistral

Mistral Senior member

Those are 0701's sized up for comfortable fit.

11. pistolero

pistolero Senior member

so you went tts? can you take pre/post wash pics of those? i might add those to my list for 2012.

Yes I would say TTS. The whole "partially sanforized" thing kind of threw me when I was trying to figure out sizing, I never did figure out if these were supposed to shrink less than the raw 0701s. I'll try to take pre/post wash pics, I'm curious how much they'll shrink.

12. Mistral

Mistral Senior member

FWIW, all Momotaro denim that's "partially sanforized" shrink up the same amount. Being 1 to 1.5 in waist area and 2 to 2.5 on inseam.

The ones that won't shrink are the one wash models.

13. whatever123

FWIW, all Momotaro denim that's "partially sanforized" shrink up the same amount. Being 1 to 1.5 in waist area and 2 to 2.5 on inseam. The ones that won't shrink are the one wash models.
    that is true except my 0705bigs are "sanforized," and they shrunk about a 1/2" in the waist and inseam and about a 1/4" in the rises, upper-thigh, knee and hem ... which isnt really anything. i think those 0701mcxx's will just shrink back to the state they were after you hot soaked them. i guess they could come in a little bit more but if they do it would likely be minimal. that cut was made for pistolero ... those look awesome and i hate you! [​IMG]

14. Mistral

Mistral Senior member

that is true except my 0705bigs are "sanforized," and they shrunk about a 1/2" in the waist and inseam and about a 1/4" in the rises, upper-thigh, knee and hem ... which isnt really anything.

i think those 0701mcxx's will just shrink back to the state they were after you hot soaked them. i guess they could come in a little bit more but if they do it would likely be minimal. that cut was made for pistolero ... those look awesome and i hate you! [​IMG]

True, but we discussed this through PM allready. BiG explicitly states that the collab they made wouldn't shrink. It's mentioned with the sizetable for the 0705BiG.

Other than that, I'm 100% accurate :p

And I hate pistolero too, for having a pair of Context x Momo's. Should cop those myself soon, but I allready have two pair of Momo's.

15. whatever123

True, but we discussed this through PM allready. BiG explicitly states that the collab they made wouldn't shrink. It's mentioned with the sizetable for the 0705BiG. Other than that, I'm 100% accurate :p And I hate pistolero too, for having a pair of Context x Momo's. Should cop those myself soon, but I allready have two pair of Momo's.
    i think they mention it will shrink 1-2% with a wash, which it does, but its really not much at all. http://blueingreensoho.com/site/inde...mart&Itemid=28

16. whatever123

does anyone know if context will continue to stock the 0701mcxx? they are out of my usual momotaro size, but if i had to i could get away with a 33.

17. Mistral

Mistral Senior member

Probably not, since they are produced as a limited batch, 180 pairs made, if I'm correct.

18. Mistral

Mistral Senior member

i think they mention it will shrink 1-2% with a wash, which it does, but its really not much at all.

http://blueingreensoho.com/site/inde...mart&Itemid=28

True, but normally they mention shrinkage in inches (for reference, look at other models on BiG website).

19. commodorewheeler

commodorewheeler Senior member

FWIW, all Momotaro denim that's "partially sanforized" shrink up the same amount. Being 1 to 1.5 in waist area and 2 to 2.5 on inseam.

The ones that won't shrink are the one wash models.

that is true except my 0705bigs are "sanforized," and they shrunk about a 1/2" in the waist and inseam and about a 1/4" in the rises, upper-thigh, knee and hem ... which isnt really anything.

i think those 0701mcxx's will just shrink back to the state they were after you hot soaked them. i guess they could come in a little bit more but if they do it would likely be minimal. that cut was made for pistolero ... those look awesome and i hate you! [​IMG]

Partially sanforized denim would shrink more than fully sanforized denim, so what you have experienced makes sense.

Interestingly, BiG makes no mention of the "partially sanforized" Momo models being partially sanforized. For all intents and purposes, they are marketed as unsanforized denim models there. Context does explicitly state that their collab model is partially sanforized, though.

20. IIIrd Icon

IIIrd Icon Senior member

haven't seen the Context collab personally, but [to my observation & understanding] the 15.7oz Zimbabwean cotton that BiG got in stock [ie, 201, 701, 705SP, 705BIG] are same/identical partiallly sanforized shizzle. the only obvious defference is the sizing on the 705BiG RAW__ which are shrink from tag. my guess is, that the O/W lot were set aside & washed before sewing on the patch [that reflected actual post wash waist measurement].

just ask Gordon__ mystery solved.