• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 8th auction is for a Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Momotaro

Jerkstore

Reaction score
Been desperately looking for a pair of momos that are not super slim in the thigh/seat area, but taper pretty narrow at the ankle and have at least a 36" inseam. Anyone know of any? I had the 201 copper labels and wore them out, but those were too wide at the ankle and I wanted to move down once I wore through them. Ordered the G004-MB and they were narrower in the ankle but still wider than I'd like. Is there even a model of Momotaro's that has what I'm looking for?
Look for the 0405. It’s their high tapered cut. It’s glorious.

willy156

Reaction score
Been desperately looking for a pair of momos that are not super slim in the thigh/seat area, but taper pretty narrow at the ankle and have at least a 36" inseam. Anyone know of any? I had the 201 copper labels and wore them out, but those were too wide at the ankle and I wanted to move down once I wore through them. Ordered the G004-MB and they were narrower in the ankle but still wider than I'd like. Is there even a model of Momotaro's that has what I'm looking for?
https://www.blueowl.us/collections/momotaro/products/0405sp-15-7oz-selvedge-denim-high-tapered-fit?variant=23038472945722 these might do it for ya. ive been eyeing these myself. good room in thighs, mid rise with taper. but the inseam is only 34 inches

TheloniusDrunk

Reaction score
https://www.blueowl.us/collections/momotaro/products/0405sp-15-7oz-selvedge-denim-high-tapered-fit?variant=23038472945722 these might do it for ya. ive been eyeing these myself. good room in thighs, mid rise with taper. but the inseam is only 34 inches
Yeah unfortunately the inseam wouldn't cut it, thanks for the help though.

Fortunately, I've found my solution. I recently learned of Indigo Proof, and Rain said she is able to tailor jeans while preserving the selvedge and the pink inseam thread. I'm gonna get a pair of 201s tapered (the same as my first pair, and the upper seat area was perfect).

Unfortunately no one seems to have a pair of 201s in size 36 that I can see -- can anyone help me find one online? Preferably raw but one washed is fine too.

paulraphael

Reaction score
I've got the same issue. Need a 35" inseam after all shrinkage. Which limits the jeans choices considerably. I love the 201s, but like you, wish the hems were more tapered. Luckily I'm in NYC and was able to find a tailor who knows denim (came recommended by Self Edge, and is just around the corner from them). They did a nice job tapering the momos for (I think) $40. They knew to preserve the selvedge, and matched the goofy pink thread perfectly. Sadly, they don't have a chain stitch machine. With the new taper I need to get them hemmed, and that means takin them to Self Edge and waiting another week, and shelling out another $20.

These jeans are great, but never once did I say "if only there were a way to spend another $60 on them... "

My dream is PBJs with a longer inseam. I've written them, begging. Still waiting for a reply.

Zaw

Reaction score
Hi all,

First time buying momotaro Jean from online..
I normally wear size 30 for other jeans like G-Star, Calvin Klein, etc. I’m thinking of buying MOMOTARO X DENIMIO DE004 14OZ ORIGINAL COBALT BLUE SELVEDGE SLIM TAPERED. Can I just buy size 30 (one washed)? It’s stated 31.5 inches for size 30 at size guide though. Thanks all in advanced!

Attachments

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 31 3.7%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 143 17.2%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 276 33.1%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 130 15.6%