Momotaro

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jbreen1, Aug 7, 2009.

1. mraza

mraza Well-Known Member

Are you worry about "white stripes " fade and leave residue or fade unevenly and look bad on the jeans?

2. CMT1

CMT1 Senior member

Not in the slightest. From what I have seen in pics the white stripes may fade in prominence but do not ever leave any sort of residue as they do so.

My 0205SP stripes have definitely faded a bit and you can see the indigo starting to show through in parts, but there is no transfer of the white color to be seen.

3. mraza

mraza Well-Known Member

Guys,
    I wanted jeans that doesn't fade . I wanted dark indigo color that won't fade to light or mid blue. Does momotaro has anything like it?
    I wanted medium rise straight fit.
    Thank you

4. Rowland

Rowland Well-Known Member

I think the best way is to wash them regularly, but still they will get some fade.

5. Joesan

Joesan New Member

Guys,

I'm looking forward to purchasing a Japanese Selvedge denim and I came across Momotaro. I stand 180cm tall and weigh just 64 kg and I normally wear 31 or 32 waist. I'm looking for some slim fit that is not too slim. I could not make out the model number that might fit from the Momotaro website, so I'm here asking you guys for some suggestions on which model I should look into? Altternatively, I came across another denim brand called Pure Blue Japan and this particular model seems that it might suit me, but I haven't tried it yet!

PURE BLUE JAPAN AL-13-TSM TAPERED SLIM NATURAL INDIGO 13.5OZ

So could you guys please offer me some suggestions on which Momotaro model I should look into?

6. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

This doesn''t make sense. Washing regularly will promote fading, not retard it. It might, however, make the fading more uniform.
    A few brands make models that are specifically designed minimize fading. PBJ might be one, although offhand I''m not sure.

7. Rowland

Rowland Well-Known Member

Yes, that´s what I meant, sorry about my poor explanation. The best way is probably wash them when they are brand new, and wait as much as possible for the next wash

8. Iant56

Iant56 New Member

I can say they are bigger than I expected. I sized up and find them huge. The waist is the smallest part, but likely something that can be stretched out.

9. Hewes

Hewes Member

Any experience with the recent Tight Fit 18oz? I am afraid they could be too skynny