1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Momotaro

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jbreen1, Aug 7, 2009.

1. Ansel

Ansel Well-Known Member

Any idea how much will 701 shrink after a warm soak in rise, thigh, knee, leg opening?

Thought I should indicate I m referring to the raw version.

Tks a million

Last edited: Dec 16, 2015
  2. Spencer

Spencer Senior member

Shrink about an inch in the waist and up to 2 inches in length. I have found that after a few wears post wash/soak, the waist will open back up a bit

1 person likes this.
  3. Ansel

Ansel Well-Known Member

Tks for your advice.

4. pasteurisation

pasteurisation Senior member

J0705-MB Kojima Ajino store limited edition.
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. Reggie Died

Reggie Died New Member

I'm assuming if the waist isn't tight, there's no reason for it to stretch out?

Ended up going +1 on the 701's (tag 34): perfect fit in the thigh (comfortable now, should be spot on after a hot soak), but I'm swimming in the waist. BIG shows their one wash goes down to 33.75 (from 35.25"raw). I'm just hesitant to keep them as I can't fathom them shrinking that much based on how big they seem now.

I ordered some 202's from BIG in 33, and was going to wait until they arrived to compare fits. But they went from Seattle to LA instead of north to Vancouver, BC.

I'm more just venting in my own frustration in my incomprehension in sizing jeans. I've read all the Momo threads, compared them to my other jeans, and even made up spreadsheets! It's been about 2 years since my last pair of STF (SDA-103, tag 33), and I nailed that sizing. I think I might have f*d up here.

6. JonSmythe

JonSmythe Well-Known Member

I think your best bet is to trust the one wash measurements. From there they'll stretch out a little bit, but not a lot.

7. luck

luck New Member

0702 Deep Indigo x Black tag size 33. I've been wearing IH-666, but decided to try Momotaro.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. ErikW

ErikW Senior member

How do the 0702's fit compared to the IH-666s? Are they as tight in the thigh?

9. luck

luck New Member

I haven't measured them, but they are very close in the thighs. I think the 666s may be a fraction roomier, but not by very much at all. I personally have plenty of space in both with my build.

10. Spencer

Spencer Senior member

Just got a pair of raw 0701's, they are so stiff that I literally cut my finger trying to button them. Probably could have sized up one in the waist, but looking forward to breaking these in.

11. zola

zola Senior member

Did u pick up the same size? I'm a 32 in my IH555 but have sized up to 33 in my momotaro 305..

12. luck

luck New Member

I did pick up the same tag size- 33 in both. The 666 measured 33.4 and the 0702 measured 34 at t he waist both pre soak. I soaked them both in cold and did cold wash. the 666 now measure right at 33.2 and the 0702 33.6 after the soak. I'm a 32.8 measured, so both have some room, which is how I like them to fit. I believe I may have been able to size down in the 0702, but didn't want to risk it.

1 person likes this.
  13. zola

zola Senior member

Ok. The 305 is a very slim cut, so with the 702 one could probably go one size down..

14. IIIrd Icon

IIIrd Icon Senior member

Never size down on 701. I SU1 & still ended tight @top block down the line.

702 is an auto size up.

15. zola

zola Senior member

I was referring to my iron heart size = same size 702. Or would u even go up sizewise compared to the momo 305? That would be a 34 and my usual size is 31..

Last edited: Jan 17, 2016
  16. Boyd

Boyd Senior member

Any experience with the 18oz denim in terms of strecth with wear?

17. Boyd

Boyd Senior member

I would love to see some fit pics of the 0305 18oz as well. I am looking for a modern slim cut but not too tight. By the specs, the momo seems to be very tight, but you never know

18. Boyd

Boyd Senior member

Do you think the waist will open back to prewash size? like one inch? I heard momos vintage label dont strecth much.

19. Spencer

Spencer Senior member

In my experience yes. I've only washed one of my Momo's, other two are still getting broken in. The pair I washed was a special light weight 10oz denim that Blue In Green did about 2 years ago. I've worn them into the ground. They have been washed three times in cold water, and hung dry. The 3rd wash they definitely got tighter in the waist than the two previous washes, but eventually opened back up. They are still a bit tighter, but fit great.

I have always bought Momo true to size in the waist, and though they are snug at first, they do eventually open up.

20. Bullitt

Bullitt Senior member

Got a pair of 0202 that fits me perfectly. Now thinking about getting a new pair of Momotaro’s.
    Are 0201 the same fit as 0202? Any other suggestions? Maybe from Copper Label, Iron Hard or PBJ…

Last edited: Jan 24, 2016