1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Momotaro

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jbreen1, Aug 7, 2009.

1. tgun84

tgun84 Member

Thank God I followed my instinct to buy the size that could fit me. The guy at the store kept forcing me to size down to 32...

1 person likes this.
  2. IIIrd Icon

IIIrd Icon Senior member

^ ^^
    702 is an auto size up.
    Does not matter if fully or partially sanforized, the denim has residual shrinkage beyond the 2nd wash ... If they're snug now & u haven't washed yet, u are in for some hurting. I'd flip them now while they still got more value.

I'm not one who'd battle with a pair of jeans just to get in__ over stretching compromises the construction of the jeans.

In fact, when I got 202SP O/W__ same deep indigo denim in a 201 cut, I even sized up 1, for assurance. Sure enough, denim shrunk further after a couple of soaks.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2015
  3. Bullitt

Bullitt Senior member

^
    You say they will shrink more even after two hot soaks.
    Considereing getting rid of them anyway, as the thighs are too slim and I need more room in the crotch area.

Think I will get a pair of Momotaro x BlueOwl Stealth Warrior Tapered or Japan Blue x BlueOwl Deep Blue Monster Tapered. Seems to be a similar fabric and a better fit for me.

Edit:

That's something I have noticed too.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2015
  4. IIIrd Icon

IIIrd Icon Senior member

^
    Yeah. Thing is you don't get max shrinkage from soaking alone. It will shrink further after a wash.

Have u tried a 201 cut? It's got more room @top block & thighs. If u like the deep indigo 202 might be to your liking.

Here are some fit pix:

Last edited: Oct 8, 2015
  5. CatKillah

CatKillah Member

Anyone going to get the Momotaro x Blue Owl BOM00X edition this weekend? I'm trying to figure out the size for the Natural Tapered version. Blue Owl blog claims the measurements are as follows:

33 34" 11.5" 12.75" 8.65" 34" 7.75"
    34 35" 11.75" 12.85" 8.85" 34.5" 7.85"

Usually I wear 34'', and I'm wearing a pair of size 33 IH633 straight tapered. But will these also shrink after wash/soak like other Momotaro sanforized models? Which size should I go with?

Thanks!

6. Bullitt

Bullitt Senior member

Cheers! Your input is much appreciated.

Did you buy these TTS?
    As they are made from the same fabric, they will probably shrink and stretch like the 0702.

7. IIIrd Icon

IIIrd Icon Senior member

^
    TTS is doable, but nowadays, as mentioned before, I prefer not to do battles w/ the waistband after a wash__ so I chose the nonchalance of a comfort fit[​IMG]

I'm normally W33, but SU1 on the 202SP @W34

8. Spencer

Spencer Senior member

I plan on getting a pair. You say you are a 34, but in what brands, and what cuts? Not knowing the answer to those questions, I would say you would definitely be good in a 33 on either cut, and possibly even a 32 on the Natural Tapered. My waist is a true 32 and I plan on getting a 31 in the Natural Tapered.

9. Spencer

Spencer Senior member

I plan on getting a pair. You say you are a 34, but in what brands, and what cuts? Not knowing the answer to those questions, I would say you would definitely be good in a 33 on either cut, and possibly even a 32 on the Natural Tapered. My waist is a true 32 and I plan on getting a 31 in the Natural Tapered.

10. CatKillah

CatKillah Member

This will be my first pair of Momotaro, and right now I'm wearing a pair of Iron Heart 633 straight tapered, size 33. The waist measure on the IH is 34''. That's why I'm also thinking about getting the size 33 on these ones. I checked with blue owl instagram, they said the only shrink these will get after couple washes will be .5'' on the inseam, so I guess it's okay with me to go with size 33.

Thanks for your info.

11. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Warning. I would still size up.

12. IIIrd Icon

IIIrd Icon Senior member

Yeah__ Gotta be careful sizing the BOM00X.
    Denim is from the Vintage Label__ forget about stretching them[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 9, 2015
  13. CatKillah

CatKillah Member

What they said on their instagram page was "you can expect .75'' - 1'' in the waist over time and approximately .25'' in the thigh". Now I'm really confused...

14. CatKillah

CatKillah Member

Not trying to be paranoid, but I had to go on and ask them, and here's what they replied:

"This fabric will stretch 1/2” - 3/4” in the waist and 1/4” in the thigh after you wear 20 times. You will not see any shrinkage, at least nothing you would notice or that would alter the fit. I would go tag 33 and it will stretch to be perfect, you can probably wear with a belt after just a couple wears to prevent extra shrinkage."

I'm sure the last word should be stretching...

Hope it helps others who are still on the edge.

15. IIIrd Icon

IIIrd Icon Senior member

^
    My aim is to share experience, not to confuse[​IMG]

Here are some measurements on the 701 for you consideration.

Raw vs. Post Multiple Wash [BiG-style]
    Tagged W34: w= 35 / 34
    F/rise= 10.75 / 10
    B/rise= 14.75 / 14.25
    U/thigh= 12.75 / 12.25
    Knee= 9.5 / 9
    L/O= 8.75 / 8.25 @32 inseam

Numbers don't lie__ basically, waist is shrink-to-tagged. Unless they've undergone some sort of pre-soaking, shrinkage is to be expected accordingly.

Some peeps like the challenge of stretching their jeans out every after wash. I find it bothersome[​IMG]

Goodluck[​IMG]

16. Spencer

Spencer Senior member

I've got 5 pairs of Momo's and non have stretched more than an inch, plus it generally shrinks back after a wash

17. CatKillah

CatKillah Member

I really appreciate your information. This pair is sanforized, maybe that's why their shrinkage is minimal if any. Like I said, I'm not familiar with Momotaro at all, I will go with my gut. If it has to be lesson learnt, that's something a rookie's gotta go through right?

Thanks again!

18. tropics

tropics Senior member

what's the $$$ for the BOM00X, anyone know?

19. ErikW

ErikW Senior member

Momos will stretch but VERY little, and only in the waistband. My suggestion is make sure that they fit nicely before you soak them. The unsanforized jeans will shrink a bit, but not a whole lot. The sanforized jeans shrink very little if any.

20. wonsmithr8

wonsmithr8 Senior member

$295 from what I saw on reddit

1 person likes this.