• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Momotaro

rexet

Reaction score

Mine stretched a little bit, but not by much. Sizing is going to depend on what you want to wear underneath it. I've got an 18" shoulder, only really wear t-shirts under mine, and went with a 40. It's a little tight across the back, but I like the rest of the fit.

Thank you alex4nder for your nice feedback.
I plan to wear it with just a tee-shirt too. Have you ever washed it?
A fitpic would be amazing if you feel like it ;) ! Thanks !

I would like to achive this fit and fade:

Last edited:

Audley

Reaction score
By looking at the charts I am a bit afraid of the 0701 tights being very tight, is this like a tight skin cut?

What about the 0201 or the 0705BIG? I am looking for straight and a bit slim cut, not tapered or very slim

Steel28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I read through the thread and my understanding that if I want to go for Momo 201, I should go TTS, correct?

My true waist size is 32 and I should get 201 tagged:
Size 32 (33" waist, 10.75" rise, 12.5" thigh, 9.1" knee, 39.5" inseam, 8.5" leg opening)

thanks

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

By looking at the charts I am a bit afraid of the 0701 tights being very tight, is this like a tight skin cut?   

What about the 0201 or the 0705BIG? I am looking for straight and a bit slim cut, not tapered or very slim

701 and 705 are the same jean, man. 701 in general is a "tight straight" cut, but can be worn many different ways depending on how you size them.

I read through the thread and my understanding that if I want to go for Momo 201, I should go TTS, correct?

My true waist size is 32 and I should get 201 tagged:
Size 32 (33" waist, 10.75" rise, 12.5" thigh, 9.1" knee, 39.5" inseam, 8.5" leg opening)

thanks

In general yes, go TTS on Momotaro cuts. FWIW, the 201 can be sized down. What's more important is that you get a pair where your thighs fit comfortably. Waist can be manipulated.

Audley

Reaction score
ON the other hand, JB0401 is starting to strecth, I think they are going to fit ok

alex4nder

Reaction score

Thank you alex4nder for your nice feedback.
I plan to wear it with just a tee-shirt too. Have you ever washed it?
A fitpic would be amazing if you feel like it ;) ! Thanks !

I would like to achive this fit and fade:

Mine isn't that old, and it hasn't been washed yet. I'd say based on the look, the guy went with a larger size rather than expecting stretch. When I wear mine it looks more fitted.

Audley

Reaction score
One more question, Jay from BOW says in the charts that 0201 will shrink one inch in the wait and strecth back to original waist with consistent wear, is this true? menbers here are saying momos dont strecth.

Than gordon talk about 2 inches to shrink and 1 inch to stretch, this is madness, who is right?

If I am good with a 33 or 33.5 max waist after strecthing, should I go 32 or 33?

Jay-D

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Momotaro: Deep Indigo 0702 - Restocked!
7960000.1b.JPG
First restock of 2013 of the Momotaro 0702 Deep Indigo denim is finally here! The concept of the Deep Indigo 0702 is very similar to the Grand Indigo ER007-2B which has an indigo warp and sulphur dyed weft. What makes them different is the indigo used. The 0702 uses the darkest possible indigo available, which is actually the same indigo used on the 0701 Vintage Series denim. This indigo is a pure natural indigo which combined with the sulphur dyed weft will create similar wicked electric blue fades as the Grand Indigo ER007-2B. Momotaro Deep Indigo 15oz "Tight Straight" Raw Selvedge Denim - Model 0702 * Momotaro's "tight straight" denim fit is slim in the top block, has a low rise, runs slim in the leg, and tapers slightly torwards the leg opening. * 15oz sanforized raw denim, expect minimal shrinkage * Super dark natural indigo warp, sulphur dyed weft * Deer skin patch * Pink selvedge, pink interior thread - both representing the peach from the "Momotaro" folklore story. * Zimbabwe cotton * Cotton canvas pocket bags * Antique copper rivets * 100% natural cotton thread * Available in sizes 28-34, 36 * Made in Japan
7960000.8b.JPG
7960000.2b.JPG
7960000.6b.JPG
7960000.7b.JPG

Link: http://www.blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB...il&SKU=7960000 More details cane be seen on our latest blog post: http://blueowlworkshop.blogspot.com/2013/02/momotaro-deep-indigo-15oz-tight.html

Jay-D

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Introducing Momotaro x Blue Owl collbaboration BOM004 - - Production #2
BOM004z.JPG
The Momotaro x Blue Owl BOM004 collaboration denim sold out in most sizes quite fast, so we made a second production run which just arrived! As of today, all sizes are in stock 28-36. And yes, I said size 28. Our first production run started with size 29 and we had requests for smaller sizes so here is your opportunity. The Momotaro BOM004 is our 4th collaboration we wanted something that has a luxury feel and ultimate comfort; and to introduce a new fit for the Momotaro label - tapered. What we created was a fabric using 100% Zimbabwe cotton for the warp threads and 100% silk on the weft. The result is a fabric that has an incredible soft interior giving the luxury feel and comfort and and exterior surface with good amount of slub and beautiful medium dark indigo color. The "tapered" fit is a great addition and we already have plans to expand the fit with future collaborations. Momotaro x Blue Owl "Silk + Zimbabwe" Tapered 13oz Raw Selvedge - Model BOM004 * 13oz sanforized raw selvedge (expect minimal shrinkage) * Deer skin patch * 5oz indigo chambray pocket bags * Hidden back pocket rivets * Stitching of peach logo on back right pocket * Copper rivets and buttons all engraved with Momotaro logos * Pink interior thread - representing the peach from the "Momotaro" folklore story. * 60% Zimbabwe cotton, 40% silk * 100% natural cotton thread * Available in sizes 28-34, 36 * Made in Japan
7750000.1b.JPG
7750000.5b.JPG

7750000.6b.JPG
7750000.7b.JPG

Link: http://www.blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB...il&SKU=7750000
7750000.2b.JPG
7750000.8b.JPG
The fabric is a 13oz sanforized selvedge made with a blend of silk for the weft yarns and Zimbabwe cotton on the warp. The Zimbabwe cotton is rope dyed in pure indigo to a super dark color, but the actual color has a blue gray tone as the silk can be seen along the surface. The exterior surface has slubby texture and a soft feel with a touch of crispness. The interior is incredibly soft, like wearing silk bed sheets wrapped around your legs. Bottom line, this denim is pure luxury, plus it will fade well as the dark indigo will give a nice contrast after some wear. One other addition is the pink selvedge along the inseam, a signature of the Momotaro label.
7750000.3b.JPG
7750000.4b.JPG
The "tapered" fit has never been produced by Momotaro. This fit has been borrowed from the Japan Blue line. The fit is slim in the top block, has a medium rise, enough room in the thigh to be comfortable, and begins to taper from the upper thigh all the way to the leg opening. BOM005 is being finalized now and it will also use the tapered fit. More on our recent blog post:http://blueowlworkshop.blogspot.com/2013/02/momotaro-x-blue-owl-silk-zimbabwe.html

rexet

Reaction score

Mine isn't that old, and it hasn't been washed yet. I'd say based on the look, the guy went with a larger size rather than expecting stretch. When I wear mine it looks more fitted.

Well Jay think I should go with the tag 40 and reading your above statement I think he's right. Thank you very much for your help!

Steel28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

701 and 705 are the same jean, man. 701 in general is a "tight straight" cut, but can be worn many different ways depending on how you size them.
In general yes, go TTS on Momotaro cuts. FWIW, the 201 can be sized down. What's more important is that you get a pair where your thighs fit comfortably. Waist can be manipulated.

thanks for the info

Audley

Reaction score
BOW says 0201 will shrink 1 inch and strecth back with consistent wear
BIG, it will shrink 2 inches and strecth 1
Here we say its difficult to strecth, so who is right?

If Im good with a 33 to 33.5 waist after strecth, should I go 32 or 33? 32 is 33 waist, 33 is 34

Ponyboy312

Reaction score
BOW says 0201 will shrink 1 inch and strecth back with consistent wear
BIG, it will shrink 2 inches and strecth 1
Here we say its difficult to strecth, so who is right?

If Im good with a 33 to 33.5 waist after strecth, should I go 32 or 33? 32 is 33 waist, 33 is 34

I think most folks underestimate how much Momotaros shrink. I'd say BIG's estimate of 2 inches is more accurate. And while they will stretch back an inch at the waist, the rest of the jean (i.e. thighs) wont stretch back that much (if at all).

If you are a guy with skinny thighs and butt, you might be able to get away with the 32s (thought I'd put them on before they completely dry from the presoak, in case you need a little stretch around the waist). On the other hand, if you have fuller thighs and butt, get the 33s.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Yup

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads