1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Momotaro

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jbreen1, Aug 7, 2009.

1. Spencer

Spencer Senior member

:fonz:

2. Pollit

Pollit Active Member

2 years, that´s a lot. I am wearing 3sixteen SL130, everyday for 4 months and I am starting to see some fade

3. zola

zola Senior member

I received my 0305 a week ago. As stated on the website, sizing up by to sizes from my usual size (31 in 3sixteen) got me a perfect fit.
    This is by far far the best fit I found in a momo jeans! ( I tried 705, 400, 702 and own a 1705 in 32). The cut is very slim and tapers a lot.
    The 18oz softened quite fast after 2 days but the denim is still very rigid.
    I ordered mine in indigo/grey and with the slim cut and the dark colour they look quite stylish and can be dressed up easily.
    So if you look for a more modern, sleek style and prefer more the a.p.c. kind of shape, this jeans is made for you.
    My next jeans will be more work style orientated ( iron heard).
    I will post pics as soon as they are more broken in.

4. Pollit

Pollit Active Member

Great! we are looking forward to see those pics. I am very interested in that cut

5. wolfetan

wolfetan New Member

Hey, I was wondering how big the difference between the Naked and Famous Skinny Guy cut and the Momotaro Tight Straight fit? From what I can find, the N&F is skinnier, but I would love to see if there's some one that has had both, and can let me know! Thanks!

6. Pollit

Pollit Active Member

We would love to see those fit pictures

7. matt1985

matt1985 Senior member

Does anyone on here know where some of the Momotaro stores are located in Tokyo? I'm heading over in April and want to buy a pair of the 0305-18B. Done a quick google search and found one, but i'm just wondering if there are more stores located around the Harajuku, Shinjuku and Shibuya areas??

If there are stores located in Osaka, or Kyoto that would help also. Thanks guys

8. lordjeebus

lordjeebus Well-Known Member

They don't have a lot of stores. There are 2 in Tokyo. The more convenient one to Harajuku is the Aoyama store in the Ao building near Omotesando station.

9. matt1985

matt1985 Senior member

Thanks, that's the store I found on google. I guess i'll cross over there and have a look. Roughly how long would it take to get there? Are the train lines easy enough to navigate? Thanks.

10. lordjeebus

lordjeebus Well-Known Member

Getting from Harajuku to Aoyama is a 10-15 minute walk down one of the nicest streets (called Omotesando) in Tokyo. Or one stop on the Chiyoda line, from Meiji-jingumae station in Harajuku to Omotesando station, if you're in a hurry.

11. matt1985

matt1985 Senior member

Thank you for the info! I might make the walk and take in the sights. Thanks again!

12. dlaz

dlaz Well-Known Member

My Momotaro 0400SP that I got from @Jay-D Blue Owl..THey are around 2years old.first year, I wear them a lot. Second year they were rotated with my HDWC2 pair, Iron Heart Mega Beatle Buster. Have seen a lot of washes and two times sea wash.after the first year which I really restrict the washes, I wash them every time I felt they needed a wash like after a week or 2 weeks.

At the moment, this pair is confusing me whether to keep goin with them or not. The waist has stretched a lot,making it loose and exposing my butt crack if i sit and wearing a short tee. And the thigh is tight, even after they expanded from the starting point and plus with my weight gain, my thigh only has like 2-3cm of breathing space. With the climate of my tropical country,it gets uncomfortable at certain points. and the leg opening is very small to my liking now but still bearable. Yes I know they are Slim tapered,this is my first venture into slim tapered back when I was liking slim tapered. Now I'm just into slim straight,roomier thighs, and a not so slim leg opening and tight waist (cause I know they'll stretch a few cm).
    For collection wise, I just like the Momotaro material and they really have a different fade compared to my 2nd japanese denim the Iron Heart. Well if I do try to send this in for BlueOwl Buyback, I could get another momotaro that fits my measurements...

[​IMG]

i like it that I got some stacking even though I cuff them.still original hem, 37", 3 inches extra.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 10, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  13. IIIrd Icon

IIIrd Icon Senior member

^fab fadez__ nice job[​IMG]

14. dlaz

dlaz Well-Known Member

thanks...but continue with the butt cracks display or stop? :p

15. matt1985

matt1985 Senior member

Nice jeans man! Eh continue on with the but crack man, plenty of life left in those! I'm in the same boat with my samurai's, put weight on since first purchase and are tight as hell! It's prob a douche thing to do, but I just wear the calvins up a bit higher to cover the butt crack when I sit.

16. IIIrd Icon

IIIrd Icon Senior member

its really your call ;) ... If you're not happy w/ the fit anymore, then by all means take advantage of the buyback [​IMG]

17. IIIrd Icon

IIIrd Icon Senior member

Here's my Momo jacket @14mos= 5mos effective wear= 3 hot soaks__ no wash

[​IMG]
    WxExY x Momo Type2 in "Copper"

1 person likes this.
  18. dlaz

dlaz Well-Known Member

Thanks guys! yeah I guess I'll just keep them, I don't know if I ever buy another momotaro. I'm trying to try out one model of each brand and experience their uniqueness between one and another.

@IIIrd Icon I've always liked Momotaro's jacket. but our weather here doesn't allow us to wear them all the time. So I only have iron heart's black duck jacket for now.

19. kbuzz

kbuzz Senior member

Would some be kind enough to let me know if momotaro has a straight(er) leg model with a grater then 11" rise (at 34-35) and no warrior stripe on the back pocket. 0605-18? GO-14?

Thanks

20. esheen

esheen Member

Greetings! I'm new, anyway, question about Momotaro NO0505SP, These are a bootcut-anyone know what the"NO" and the "SP" mean or maybe nothing? I really like this cut but not so much the white battle stripes, any way to remove these stripes?

Thanks again in advance

Last edited: Feb 15, 2015