1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Momotaro

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jbreen1, Aug 7, 2009.

1. IIIrd Icon

IIIrd Icon Senior member

MomoTUX

[​IMG]
    202SP
    MJ2103
    Viberg Loden Green 2005
    J.Lindeberg Grey Chambray
    ChromeHearts TNUC-Tokyo Tortoise

2 people like this.
  2. TheObserver

TheObserver Senior member

^ This is excellent. Please post to WAYWT.

3. matt1985

matt1985 Senior member

Awesome get up man! I like to dress pretty similar, will have to grab myself some momo's for sure now!

4. Hirsh

Hirsh Senior member

+1

Wish Momos fitted me - even their 24" is huge on me

My bespoke maker did get some Japan Blue awesome 20oz Selvedge deep blue denim, but another junior tailor messed up the pattern and I had to donate the half made jeans to the Jeansmuseum in Zurich.

I'd paid for the denim (a lot of £££), but was never compensated [​IMG]

Wish they could get some more, might try again next year..[​IMG]

5. matt1985

matt1985 Senior member

Damn Hirsh that sucks! Pretty crap that they didn't compensate you for the juniors stuff up! I've never handled Japan Blue, but from what I've read sounds like decent denim for the price!

Handled some momo 0705SP's and they were amazing! Unfortunately they didn't have any in a size 32, the only one's they had were "limited edition" with fluro and camo battle stripes.

I've seen you have quite the collection of jeans! Nice work :) What model Momo's did you try on in 24"?

6. Hirsh

Hirsh Senior member

GL0007 the skinny ones

I'm about a size 21"!

My size 22" bespoke 3x1 jeans fit like this now![​IMG]

7. Beane

Beane Senior member

I have the Grand Indigo and I love it. It was tight at the beginning but is stretching OK after some use. Now I want to get 0701 and the 0201, should I size the same than I did in the Grand Indigo? the 0701 is the same cut, but the grand indigo is sanforized

8. Hirsh

Hirsh Senior member

Lucky you, having the Grand Indigo!

For the unsanforised jeans you'll have to find someone more experienced than me, as my unsanforised jeans a couple of years ago shrunk into nothing- actually I sh have kept them as I'm so thin now!
    Easy to be wise after the event...

9. matt1985

matt1985 Senior member

I have never dealt with Momo's in unsanforized, but with the unsanforized I have dealt with before i'd suggest sizing TTS. The first pair I bought I sized down one, the waist did stretch out as I predicted, but the thigh is a tad too tight. I still enjoy wearing them. But the second pair I bought TTS I find I wear most often now due to more comfort. I also found I didn't get as much stretch out of the unsanforized compared to what I did with my apc's

From what I have read and learnt over the years you can do a couple of soaks on unsanforized to get a fair bit of shrinkage out of them. So if you do go TTS, soak them and if they're still a bit loose. Soak again with the hottest water you can get out of your tap.

10. Mistral

Mistral Senior member

0701 is TTS. I sized down one and I wouldn't recommend it.

0201 you can size down one easily.

11. Mistral

Mistral Senior member

Momo 0701 post handwash

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  12. zola

zola Senior member

Momo 0305-2G 18 oz:
    Has anyone experience with this cut and the fit?? The online store recommends to size up by two, but how much can 18oz denim be expected to loosen?? I'm 31 in 3sixteen, 32 in momo 1705 (which is quite tight!) and not sure which size to choose..

13. Pollit

Pollit Active Member

I am curious about that fit too, I am 31 in 3sixteen as well,

14. zola

zola Senior member

there must be more people out there...

15. DrapeauNoir

DrapeauNoir Well-Known Member

Not exactly the same pair, but I tried those on: http://www.cultizm.com/product_info...ns-0305-47-Selvage-Old-Blue-Denim-14-7oz.html

For reference, my real waist size is 32" and I wear a N&F Skinny Guy Elephant 3 in size 30.

BlueOwl calls that fit the Tight Tapered. I tried it on in Paris and it looked great on my skinny self (I'm 1.80m/65kg, 6ft/143lbs). It is indeed quite tight, with a very small leg opening. Simply put, it's one of the only Japanese cut that doesn't look baggy on me. I was able to squeeze in a size 30 but probably would have gone with a 31 tag, especially on a 18oz fabric.

Hope that helps.

16. Noirkw

Noirkw Well-Known Member

I have the Momotaro x The Denim Store 18 oz tight tapered, which is essentially the same cut as the 0305. I wear it in size 30 (sized for thighs and cuffs) and it is REALLY tapered in the lower block, I would suggest to size for your thighs rather than your waist - the thighs / knee areas on mine did not stretch much at all. FYI I wear a 29 in 3sixteen ST-44x, and the 29 on the 0305 cut were too tight in the thighs/knees

17. Pollit

Pollit Active Member

Thanks a lot, great information

18. pistolero

pistolero Senior member

Momotaro 0705SP after 3 years. Sadly these no longer fit, so they'll be up on the marketplace soon.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. Spencer

Spencer Senior member

Looks great. How many washes/soaks?

I've had my 0705SP's for about a year and a half, sporadically worn, no major creases like yours sadly

20. pistolero

pistolero Senior member

^^ thanks. I'm guessing four washes and two soaks. I also wore mine somewhat sporadically, and the fading didn't start to get interesting until year 2 or so.