1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Momotaro

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jbreen1, Aug 7, 2009.

1. Hirsh

Hirsh Senior member

I'm on a jeans ban until January 2016(!) as I broke the last jeans ban 24 times!!!

My next jeans will definitely be Momotaro as a change from my usual Pbjs or Naked and Famous or custom Kurabo

I love the tight weave of the denim!

How does the old blue Selvedge fade?

2. zola

zola Senior member

great jeans! wore them while traveling New Zealand for two months. got them from cultizm.com

3. Spencer

Spencer Senior member

My absolute favorite jean I own.

4. Hirsh

Hirsh Senior member

Everything I read is making me tempted to break my jeans ban and buy a pair of Momotaro jeans..:)

5. tropics

tropics Senior member

sweet, so everyone except me has the 1705... i'll ask once more, any fit / fade pics? :)

$330 seems very pricey on cultizm, if i remember correctly they were only $200 in BIG.

6. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Cultizm have to subtract VAT from their prices for US buyers, but even with that extra, it still seems a bit steep.

7. Spencer

Spencer Senior member

I think I paid like $225 from BiG last year. I spoke to Jay at Blue Owl this past summer, and he mentioned that they were going to stock them this S/S.

1 person likes this.
  8. BootSpell

BootSpell Senior member

^^ Yes, I paid $225 for the 1705s in mid 2013 from BiG. Haven't worn them like my 702s or 702BRs but they don't seem like they're going to do much in the way of fading compared to the darker, heavier denim. I got them primarily for use in the summer.

9. IIIrd Icon

IIIrd Icon Senior member

actually, the 702 denim has high contrast fade potential, but not in the [usual] way since it has dyed weft, after all.
    Ataris @pocket edges & creases surface within a couple weeks of wear.

ironically, had to let go of mine cuz i loved the denim so much that i want to make sure i'd be able to keep longer. so, i replaced the 702s with a future-sized 202SP. SU1 @W34 :slayer: ... will post when able

10. Mistral

Mistral Senior member

Why size up on the 02xx cut? You can go TTS easily on these or even one down.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2014
  11. Hirsh

Hirsh Senior member

Can't wait to see pics:)

Why do I always want new jeans when I put myself on a new jeans ban?:)

12. IIIrd Icon

IIIrd Icon Senior member

^202SPs are O/W. TTS @W33 were good & tight just right @waist. i have to admit it was a good fit TTS. but, as mentioned, i intended to "future-size" on them. i want them to fit comfy like my Cisco or 811s, instead of slim like the 701/702s or PBJ 007

from experience, denim jeans [in general] tend to have residual shrinkage down the line ... as they're washed more regularly. i want to make sure i get to keep/wear them past 5yrs, at least ... barring unexpected weight gain

Last edited: Mar 18, 2014
  13. IIIrd Icon

IIIrd Icon Senior member

as promised__ 202SP SU1 @W34 :: before & after [instinctive :)] double hot soaks

[​IMG]

14. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

That's super good looking for just a "comfort" cut.

15. Hirsh

Hirsh Senior member

WOW!!

They look AMAZING!!!

I hope you get 5+ years wear out of them - they look awesome!

How many oz denim are they?:)

16. Mistral

Mistral Senior member

I guess 15.7 oz, like OW GTB Label. Or 14.7. Most denims from Momo come in those weights.

Good fit on those IIIrd.

17. IIIrd Icon

IIIrd Icon Senior member

Thanx guys!

'Guess they're in for the long haul ... glad I sized up. Felt like they're identical w/the Ciscos. I'll check comparative measurements when I get a chance

18. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

[​IMG]

Snuck my altered BOM006 to work today. Haven't had many chances to wear them. They fit pretty much like a pair of SLP 17.5 cm now in the leg.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2014
  19. Bonney

Bonney Senior member

Hello, I am going to buy my first pair of Momos, I am looking for a straight slim fit and I am choosing between the 0201 and 0701. I am looking at different charts but there is always a difference in measurements.

-I hear momotaro jeans dont strecth, just a bit, is this true?
    -How much are they going to srink in the waist after first soak? BIG says two inches and BOW says one inch in the waist. I guess 0.5 for the rest must be right

it seems that the 0201 has roomy tights, is this correct?

cheers!

Last edited: Mar 28, 2014
  20. BootSpell

BootSpell Senior member

Although the 201 might be described as "slim" in some places, I really don't think it is a slim fit at all, and the thighs are not that narrow. The 701 is definitely a slimmer fit than the 201, but still not really "slim". Both these are unsanforized so yes, they will definitely shrink. Not sure if you're set on unsanforized denim because my opinion is that unsanforized denim is always a crap shoot as to whether you'll really end up with the fit that you want. There are some that swear by unsanforized denim but I now personally feel safer with sanforized raw denim.

And yes, Momos are known for not stretching very much. Having said all that, I have three pairs of Momos and they are great. Good luck.