1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Momotaro

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jbreen1, Aug 7, 2009.

1. IIIrd Icon

IIIrd Icon Senior member

@tropics__ 702 lot that 1st came out were under-sized [ie, shrunk below tagged], so 'twas an automatic size down ... vs the usual TTS on the 701s.

Having a W33 that fitted was an anomaly. I tried to squeeze into a TTS @W33 [cuz I was thinking since denim was fully sanforized],
    when instinct told me to size up :( ... dude in Seattle is wearing them now

2. castroda

castroda Member

Guys, thank you so much for your advice...I took off the tags prematurely and I'm pretty sure I can't return them at this point...so have decided to keep them. What would be the best way to get them to fit a bit better? I know these things don't shrink much...

Thanks too for the PBJ's tip, think I'll make those my next pair!

3. ErikW

ErikW Senior member

Personally, I'd sell them - they're not going to shrink much at all and no tailor is going to be able to make those fit great.

4. Mistral

Mistral Senior member

Hot wash and tumble dry might do the trick, although they likely stretch back to original measurements.

5. tropics

tropics Senior member

it's not what you want to hear, but those look like they will never fit properly. how much room exactly do you have in the waist? can you fit a hand in there? i'm sure most of us can relate, i've tried to make pairs work in the past when i knew in my heart they were just wrong. better to take the initial hit and move on.

how are the thighs? you could consider getting a size or two down on that massdrop site.

ETA - as mistral says, you could try wash + dry but that will lower any potential resale value.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2014
  6. sillyboybmxer

sillyboybmxer Senior member

yeah just sell them off,....i had to do it with my bom006 too.
    and even though i want to get another pair i will probably go with something else.
    something about trying a brand new pair/style/brand is fun.

7. Mistral

Mistral Senior member

Yeah first batch was really small. I took the same size as my 0701's and couldn't even close the button fly due to the buttons unable to allign properly, as in... The waist was to small to get them buttoned.
    I took a size up afterwards, but ended up selling them, as the fit wasn't like I wanted (my 0701's are really fitted. I like my jeans that way).

I got myself a pair of PBJ XX-007's not long after I sold the 0702's.... In my opinion they fit much better. Should get them hemmed some day though.

8. castroda

castroda Member

That's what I feared you would all say...I really would happily off-load and try again, but it just seems like a lot of work/a financial loss in the making, but I guess it's got to be done...

So!

Anyone want to buy/swap? What would be a fair price for them (have worn them twice), where is the best place to sell? Have never really done anything like this...

9. Mistral

Mistral Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  10. sillyboybmxer

sillyboybmxer Senior member

11. karanimal

karanimal Well-Known Member

Mistral, how many washes and approx. wear?

the texture is almost at that perfect stage IMO

12. tropics

tropics Senior member

13. Mistral

Mistral Senior member

Yes, these are 0701's

I don't really keep track of them anymore. But I've owned them 2+ years with only on and off wear after work and in the weekends. One soak and one wash.

Thanks. I'm pretty happy with them.

1 person likes this.
  14. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Looking awesome, Mistral.

15. ImaPro

ImaPro Senior member

Anyone know a style which style is very dark raw blue? I recently got the JB0406 and its light for my taste :(

I use to love my N&F x Momotaro color. So I'd figured momotaro is the way to go.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2014
  16. ErikW

ErikW Senior member

0702 or BOM-006 may be a good fit.

17. Ponyboy312

Ponyboy312 Senior member

All of the momo Vintage Label stuff is "the deepest pure indigo." Before soaking, they are as dark as any raw denim I have seen. The styles noted by EricW (702 and BOM-006) are not classic indigo styles. It seemed like you were looking for something like your NFxMomotaros. If that's the case, check out momotaro vintage label (201, 701, or 901); its a very dark, but still classic, blue.

1 person likes this.
  18. ImaPro

ImaPro Senior member

19. Calvay

Calvay Member

Any thoughts on the Momo 1705? it seems a good choice for the summer

20. tropics

tropics Senior member

a few guys in this thread picked them up last summer. would love to see fit pics.

are they in stock anywhere?