1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Momotaro

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jbreen1, Aug 7, 2009.

1. Hirsh

Hirsh Senior member

Good Luck!!!

Looking forward to fit pics!:):)

2. IIIrd Icon

IIIrd Icon Senior member

xposting my fits for my 701 SU1 @W34 & 702 @W33.

701s were comfort slim from the getgo & shrunk a bit more after a couple of years after multiple washes. just glad i sized up on them

702s were a bit tight to start with. loved the denim on this, but after the 4th soak i decided i don't want to deal with stretching them out each out each & every wash, down the line ... so, let them go.

recently, i just special ordered a pair of 202SP w/c i future-sized @W34, so i can enjoy them much longer :slayer:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 2, 2014
  3. Hirsh

Hirsh Senior member

New Momotaros look great!!!

Can't wait to see fit pics of your next ordered jeans!!!

Just ordered black denim jeans for my nephews 13th birthday- very cool, hope he likes them!!!:)

4. TheloniusDrunk

TheloniusDrunk Senior member

Just got my 201's in the mail and they look beautiful. I'm very happy with the fit, a little bit of extra in the waist but not overmuch and it fits nicely around the legs through the taper. About to go do my first hot soak of raw denim ever - any last tips I should know about the process? Basically just planning on sitting in a tub of hot (105 deg F) water for an hour then taking them off to hang dry, am I missing anything? Can I shrink the leg opening more if I let the lower part of the leg soak a little longer?

5. IIIrd Icon

IIIrd Icon Senior member

unless it's a personal choice, you don't need to be in them to soak ;)
    as for selective soaking to target-shrink the leg opening, it's an exercise in futility ... shrinkage is constant.

6. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Yeah - agree^^ If you're just soaking them and not worried about how they shrink (dry) then no need to sit in a tub. It's the drying/shrinking process where you'd want to be wearing them if sizing is that much of a concern.

7. TheloniusDrunk

TheloniusDrunk Senior member

Should they be soaked inside out our not our is that irrelevant?

8. El Argentino

At this point it's not a huge deal. If you're not agitating them (ie soaking them via a hot washing cycle), then turning them inside out to protect from indigo loss is so minimal there's really no reason.

9. castroda

castroda Member

[​IMG][​IMG][/IMG]

Is this a good fit?? The jeans are beautiful but they're baggier than I expected, especially around the waist...will they/can I shrink them much?

10. castroda

castroda Member

Is this a good fit?? The jeans are beautiful but they're baggier than I expected, especially around the waist...will they/can I shrink them much?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Again, absolutely beautiful jeans, just wonder if they're too big...!

(ps apologies for the grimy pictures...)

11. tropics

tropics Senior member

702s? look too big to me.

mine tightened just a smidge on their first machine wash but stretched out again to the original size.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2014
  12. ErikW

ErikW Senior member

13. Mistral

Mistral Senior member

Well... the 34's will be too small. I would return them and opt for an other cut. The 0202 has a more forgiving topblock whilst maintaining a slim silhouette, due to the taper.

14. IIIrd Icon

IIIrd Icon Senior member

@castroda__ yeah, from your description, i was afraid of that.
    don't even try hot soaking ... 702 is not your cut ... just exchange them, man.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2014
  15. Mistral

Mistral Senior member

The reason I first stated he should pick the 07's over the 02's was in regard the fit he was looking for. In those terms the 07xx is the best "advice". Though in this case the fit isn't suitable for him. IIIrd was right from the beginning with his advice, as sizing down on tightly woven denim like Momotaro isn't a good idea.

Long story short, exchange for the 0202 if you want deep indigo goodness or opt for a pair of PBJ's if you like them also.

16. innerstyle

innerstyle Senior member

17. tropics

tropics Senior member

great price but i can't see how this won't be a total clusterf*ck. based on sizing issues, and even the difference between same tagged pairs of jeans.

18. El Argentino

Momotaros, from what I've experienced, are sized rather consistently - esp. compared to other brands. Not sure what sizing issues you're referring to.

19. tropics

tropics Senior member

i was referring to "amateurs" logging on to the website and choosing the same size they wear in banana republic... and so forth.

but now that you mention it, i did have trouble with my 702s. if i remember correctly, i tried on 34 (same as i wear in 705) in BiG and it was too tight. ended up with a "larger" 33 from Jay (after getting measurements for several pairs) that was perfect.

20. explorator

explorator Member

i totally agree. there were a bunch of issues in the japan blue massdrop because of the sizing. maybe they learned from them?